• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Jimmy,

Thanks.

My releases never had that but I think someone else posted a comment in the contrib page explaining how to do it.

ed

Edited by medvid

I thought I made a good guess at what you said  B)

ed

Yeah you did a good job! Wanne try it in the dutch language now??? :D

Just one question i have... Now the Sessions are saved in the place i told them to do so! That?s great, but are those sessions deleted automaticaly sometime... or do i have to do this manually? :blink:

ps.... maybe i have something hanging before my eyes... but i couldn?t find the answer to my question and i still would like to hear from you what is the best way to deal with the sessions.... Mysql or files? >_<

Thanks again to everybody and to ed for giving us a great contribution!

cheers

Kasper

Thanks for this nice contribution :thumbsup:

A very minor thing;

After the "Set refresh rate" in 1.7.1 it shows "Last Refresh: 7/12/105 10:20 p.m." instead of "Last Refresh: 7/12/2005 10:20 p.m.".

In my case (Europe) "Last Refresh: 12/7/2005 22:20" would be perfect...

Yeah you did a good job! Wanne try it in the dutch language now??? :D
No :P

Just one question i have... Now the Sessions are saved in the place i told them to do so! That?s great, but are those sessions deleted automaticaly sometime... or  do i have to do this manually? :blink:
Yes. The catalog side and admin side both delete any session that hasn't been updated in 15 minutes (900 seconds).

ps.... maybe i have something hanging before my eyes... but i couldn?t find the answer to my question and i still would like to hear from you what is the best way to deal with the sessions.... Mysql or files?  >_<
It's a trade-off. MySQL storage is more secure but increases the DB traffic for every page load on the catalog side. Files are relatively faster but less secure as you have to create a folder and assign Write privileges to it so the web server can update it.

ed

A very minor thing;

After the "Set refresh rate" in 1.7.1 it shows "Last Refresh: 7/12/105  10:20 p.m." instead of "Last Refresh: 7/12/2005  10:20 p.m.".

In my case (Europe) "Last Refresh: 12/7/2005  22:20" would be perfect...

The Time stamp is based on your computer settings. It does not get the date or time from anywhere else.

So perhaps your bois clock is not set correctly.

Is there a reason why some of the IP's have a comma (,) after them and in the clickable IP Lookup URL?

I personally have never seen that error nor has anyone else according to this forum so far.

Perhaps you should reinstall the contrib from scratch, because it sounds like a slip of theys upon entering the coding.

John

Ed

I don't know if this is normal with the latest contrib, but I'm seeing a number of duplicate IP's.

I think they are spiders but there showing up as Guests, but also Entry times and last click are comonly the same.

Can you check this please?

John

Ed

I don't know if this is normal with the latest contrib, but I'm seeing a number of duplicate IP's.

I think they are spiders but there showing up as Guests, but also Entry times and last click are comonly the same.

Can you check this please?

John

John,

Are the osCsid's the same?

ed

A very minor thing;

After the "Set refresh rate" in 1.7.1 it shows "Last Refresh: 7/12/105  10:20 p.m." instead of "Last Refresh: 7/12/2005  10:20 p.m.".

In my case (Europe) "Last Refresh: 12/7/2005  22:20" would be perfect...

This is easy. Around line 248 of /admin/whos_online.php replace this line:

document.write('  -  Last Refresh: ' + (Stamp.getMonth() + 1) +"/"+Stamp.getDate()+ "/"+Stamp.getYear() + '  ');

with this line:

document.write('  -  Last Refresh: ' +Stamp.getDate()+ "/"+ (Stamp.getMonth() + 1) +"/"+Stamp.getYear() + '  ');

and your date will be in DD/MM/YYYY format.

This is easy. Around line 248 of /admin/whos_online.php replace this line:

document.write('  -  Last Refresh: ' + (Stamp.getMonth() + 1) +"/"+Stamp.getDate()+ "/"+Stamp.getYear() + '  ');

with this line:

document.write('  -  Last Refresh: ' +Stamp.getDate()+ "/"+ (Stamp.getMonth() + 1) +"/"+Stamp.getYear() + '  ');

and your date will be in DD/MM/YYYY format.

You might be right there as to what the question actually was.

I thought osCshop's issue was that it was somehow showing "105" instead of "2005"

The Time stamp is based on your computer settings. It does not get the date or time from anywhere else.

So perhaps your bois clock is not set correctly.

Looked at my admin on another pc and the year is correct.

Back to my laptop, with FireFox it shows 105 instead of 2005.

In I.E. it shows 2005!

No FireFox on the other pc so not sure if it is a FireFox issue...

@Gamer, thanks for the help!

Is showing 22.20 instead of 10.20 p.m. just as easy?

Looked at my admin on another pc and the year is correct.

Back to my laptop, with FireFox it shows 105 instead of 2005.

In I.E. it shows 2005!

No FireFox on the other pc so not sure if it is a FireFox issue...

@Gamer, thanks for the help!

Is showing 22.20 instead of 10.20 p.m. just as easy?

It's just a simple javascript dropped into the code.

There is no guarantee it is completely compatible with all browsers.

I have found that for a large part this cart is largely built around IE, hence that's all use because I could be bothered playing around with other browsers as well.

Lifes to short!

No  :P

Yes.  The catalog side and admin side both delete any session that hasn't been updated in 15 minutes (900 seconds).

It's a trade-off.  MySQL storage is more secure but increases the DB traffic for every page load on the catalog side.  Files are relatively faster but less secure as you have to create a folder and assign Write privileges to it so the web server can update it.

ed

This contrib looks like very cool, but I keep getting the same error as mentioned in others post.

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/trippint/public_html/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

0 -

select value from sessions WHERE sesskey = '74013b4dc1a6Td3d97dfca075961d452'

I tried mysql and files, made sure the the path was direct and waited a couple dof days. Even deleted old session from the folder. Read through the thread, changed settings in Config > Sessions, No luck. It will work properly for a short while and then give the error.

Also, I noticed that when I had storage-sessions set to '' or files, the sessions where not being deleted. I had a few that where a day or so old. Could that have something to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated. :

Thanks!

Ron,

Do you have your session storage set the same in BOTH catalog/includes/configure.php AND admin/includes/configure.php?

ed

Yes, I have tried both set as files and both set as mysql. Like I said whichever way I set it up it will work properly for the first few minutes and then return the error. It is almost like the session get too old and are not deleted or someone puts something in the cart and it causes the error. Can't figure it out. :blink:

Bots are not showing up as bots for me under 1.7.1

What do I need to check to correct this?

Scott

Scott,

You need to have Prevent Spider Sessions set to True under Configuration->Sessions in the Admin screens. Also, an updated copy of the spiders.txt contrib.

ed

Edited by medvid

Yes, I have tried both set as files and both set as mysql. Like I said whichever way I set it up it will work properly for the first few minutes and then return the error. It is almost like the session get too old and are not deleted or someone puts something in the cart and it causes the error. Can't figure it out. :blink:

Ron,

Do you want to give us your settings here? Paste the contents of:

- Admin->Configuration->Sessions

- The fields in the whos_online table (not the values, just the names and data types)

- The session related settings of catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

Thanks,

Ed

Ron,

Do you want to give us your settings here?  Paste the contents of:

- Admin->Configuration->Sessions

- The fields in the whos_online table (not the values, just the names and data types)

- The session related settings of catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

Thanks,

Ed

Sure

Session Directory /home/trippint/tmp/

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID True

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session True

Table

customer_id int(11) Yes NULL

full_name varchar(64) No

session_id varchar(128) No

ip_address varchar(15) No

time_entry varchar(14) No

time_last_click varchar(14) No

last_page_url varchar(64) No

http_referer varchar(255) No

user_agent varchar(255) No

Both configs are currently 'mysql' but I have tried both set at ''

Thanks!

Ron,

Stupid question but did you put the new version of whos_online.php in catalog/includes? It's the only catalog side file.

ed

Ron

More than likely you probably at a guess are on shared server (most people are).

Assuming this is the case you can not just set your sessions before the public to TMP.

Create a directory called "sessions" before the "public_html" ( you should be able to get to this through an FTP client or even Cpanel if using this)

Then set the "sessions" directory CHMOD to 777

Then set your sessions in the Admin to: /home/trippint/sessions (/public_html would be the next directory if you were to enter it, but don't)

Putting the directory before the public will help in security since it has to be set to 777 and is not a publicly available directory.

Also Note, do not put a trailing forward slash "/" at the end of the path.

Looking at what you have there is probably a combination of 2 problems

1. you have a trailing slash

2. The standard TMP directory is also commonly used by a number of programs that you may have running, all should have there own TMP directory where possible. This multi use directory means that the session data may be getting mixed up with some other session data from another program or even worse getting mixed up with someone elses cart data.

John