• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Attention All

I have just downloaded the new version 1.7 myself, and found that Ed has made a mistake and put the old version of admin/whos_online.php file in package.

Do not try and install this one yet.

Just wait till Ed comes back so he can upload the correct file.

Thanks John for the reply.

Thats kind of the problem...None of the lights are showing there is anything in any ofthe carts, even when I do a test customer...the lights are still Active/no cart and nothing diplaying in the cart.

Do you think this is something in addition to the old version being uploaded or does the cart work for you even with the old version.

Maybe Ill just wait for the right version.

Mark

Thanks John for the reply.

Thats kind of the problem...None of the lights are showing there is anything in any ofthe carts, even when I do a test customer...the lights are still Active/no cart and nothing diplaying in the cart.

Do you think this is something in addition to the old version being uploaded or does the cart work for you even with the old version.

Maybe Ill just wait for the right version.

Mark

Mark

The old version works except for the the section that I posted about where it was not working when using file sessions.

Apply the fix and it should work at the very least for the most part, just some occassional duplications on IP's and not always recognising spiders correctly was all the problems I think.

John

Hi !

thank you for this update,

Well, i did the SQL update and copied all news files.

I had to change back to old codes the changes in admin/whos_online.php

'cause the new " tep_get_ip_address" did cause errors.

Just changed at:

line 344

// } elseif ($whos_online['ip_address'] == tep_get_ip_address() ) { //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) {

to

} elseif ($whos_online['ip_address'] == $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) { //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) {

line 523

<!-- WOL 1.4 - Added Bot and Me counts -->

<td class="smallText" colspan="9"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS, $total_sess);

print "<br>Duplicate IPs: $total_dupes<br>Bots: $total_bots<br>Me!: $total_admin<br>Real customers:

$total_cust<br><br>Your IP Address: ".tep_get_ip_address();?></td><!-- //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];?></td> -->

<!-- WOL 1.4 eof -->

to

<td class="smallText" colspan="9"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS, $total_sess);

print "<br>Duplicate IPs: $total_dupes<br>Bots: $total_bots<br>Me!: $total_admin<br>Real customers:

$total_cust<br><br>Your IP Address: " .$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];?></td><!-- //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];?></td> -->

Sincerely

Roberto

Mark

The old version works except for the the section that I posted about where it was not working when using file sessions.

Apply the fix and it should work at the very least for the most part, just some occassional duplications on IP's and not always recognising spiders correctly was all the problems I think.

John

Thanks again John

I uploaded your admin/whos_online.php from the forum and the shopping carts have appeared...only trouble now is my lefthandside admin menu has disappeared.??

Mark

Attention All

I have just downloaded the new version 1.7 myself, and found that Ed has made a mistake and put the old version of admin/whos_online.php file in package.

Do not try and install this one yet.

Just wait till Ed comes back so he can upload the correct file.

Sorry folks. John is correct. I just verified it but I can't post the fix until Monday.

ed

Sorry folks.  John is correct.  I just verified it but I can't post the fix until Monday. 

ed

Hello Ed,

While you are revising the admin/whos_online.php

Is there any chance you could make this excellent contribution even more useful by adding the BOWSING sequence which will show the customer entry page , browsing sequence and the customer exit page giving good insight in to the customer behavior. (in the same column of course - each line a bit offset if possible- activated only if refresh timing is selected)

This is a major feature of conversion tracking .

Another little feature which could be useful is to show the country flag a la the USER TRACKING mod. ( I already have it installed and running so it may be possible to use the same code section)

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks again John

I uploaded your admin/whos_online.php from the forum and the shopping carts have appeared...only trouble now is my lefthandside admin menu has disappeared.??

Mark

OK answered my own question... Johns older admin/whos_online.php fix listed earlier is missing the following code just before the <!-- body_text //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

At least it should keep us going until Monday.

Thanks to everyone GREAT CONTRIBUTION

OK answered my own question... Johns older admin/whos_online.php fix listed earlier is missing the following code just before the <!-- body_text //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

</table></td>

At least it should keep us going until Monday.

Thanks to everyone GREAT CONTRIBUTION

Yeh I'm sorry guys I did not realise until late last night after I finished on here and thought I should get SOME sleep. That my pasted file here, includes scripting for a top Menu system.

Remove this section in between the <head> </head> sections.

<!--CSS DROP DOWN SCRIPT-->
<script type="text/javascript">
function shownavtable(elmnt)
{
document.getElementById(elmnt).style.visibility="visible"
}
function hidenavtable(elmnt)
{
document.getElementById(elmnt).style.visibility="hidden"
}
</script>
<!--CSS DROP DOWN SCRIPT-->

And ADD this (as posted by wintecs):

</table></td>

So now from the <head> to the <!-- body_text //--> should look like this.

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<!-- WOL 1.6 - Cleaned up refresh -->
<?php if( $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] > 0 ){  ?>
 <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="<?php echo $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"];?>;URL=whos_online.php?<?php echo $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"];?>">
<?php } ?>
<!-- WOL 1.6 EOF -->

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->

I installed this contribution today. Now when I try to view my site I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'user_agent' in 'field list'

insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('0', 'Guest', '721012d3dc5bd509a830ea771e053c8f', '24.168.248.71', '1120916948', '1120916948', '/', '', 'mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1)')

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas on how to fix this?????

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

I installed this contribution today. Now when I try to view my site I get this error:

insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('0', 'Guest', '721012d3dc5bd509a830ea771e053c8f', '24.168.248.71', '1120916948', '1120916948', '/', '', 'mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1)')

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas on how to fix this?????

Moon

WOOOOHOOOOO!

I got it, I got it!

I missed an sql statement in the install, It seems to work now!

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Really good mod. Just done the install and really, really impressed. I have a suggestion for an improvement, please dont think im been cheeky by asking, but as a bit of a sad case that has a knoledge of web marketing and all things that way, would it be possible to create a list of say the last 5 clicks the user made?

I think this would be interesting because realy we should all be aiming to get our customers to buy within the 5 clicks rule. Again I dont mind giving help in anything that could be useful, however my technical php skills are not that good sadly so my support would have to really be via the knoledge of what would be interesting to know for store owners.

However get mod and really impressed!

Hello Ed,

While you are revising the admin/whos_online.php

Is there any chance you could make this excellent contribution even more useful by adding the BOWSING sequence which will show the customer entry page , browsing sequence and the customer exit page giving good insight in to the customer behavior. (in the same column of course - each line a bit offset if possible- activated only if refresh timing is selected)

This is a major feature of conversion tracking .

Another little feature which could be useful is to show the country flag a la the USER TRACKING  mod. ( I already have it  installed and running  so it may be possible to use the same code section)

Many thanks in advance.

Sreedharan,

Both of these features are available in other contributions. The first is a standalone contrib. It is probably best left as a separate install. The second (world flags) is another Whos Online contrib. That contrib can be integrated with this one but adds a lot of extra data. As many people wouldn't like the overhead (many pages back in this thread it was discussed and got a mixed response), I leave it to the individual to make that decision and integrate it themselves.

ed

Mark,

As I said in the previous post, there is at least one other contrib that tracks the user in that way. One that I am aware of (but haven't used) is Visitors v1.7 - MS1 and MS2. It seems well supported and may do what you are looking for.

Kym,

The 5 click rule is - Users should be able to find what they want within 5 (I've heard as low as 3) clicks on your site or they will leave.

ed

Folks,

V1.7.1 is now available for download with the correct :blush: version of admin/whos_online.php. Sorry about that. If you find anything, ahem :'( , else, please post.

Thanks :thumbsup: to everyone who posts questions, problems (yep, those too), answers, ideas, etc.

ed

Hallo,

also ich habe das alles installiert.

bekomme aber folgende fehlermeldung.

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/webseiten/domain/shop/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

0 -

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_cost, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id='38' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Dies ist sicherlich ein Sessions Problem, oder..

Habe Sessions Pfad in Admin eine direkte Pfad angegeben so wie beschrieben, aber.. leider.

Ich glaube das dieses Problem dann auftaucht wenn jemanden ein Produkt im Warenkorb reingelegt hat.

Kann jemanden da bitte helfen!!

Danke

gruss

Kasper

Kasper,

Here's a couple of things to look for:

- Make sure that the entry for sessions (I think SESSION_STORAGE) in catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php are the same.

- if they both say 'mysql', you should be OK.

- if they both say '', then make sure that in your admin screen, Configuration->Sessions->Session Directory is an absulute (full) path (like /user/home/YOU/public_html/sessions or whatever)

- check that you have BOTH additional columns in the who's_online database table as described in the install instructions. user_agent is new for v1.7

- finally, leave it alone for an hour or so. sometimes, you have sessions from the old WOE and the new WOE and they don't work well together. Let the system clean out the old session records. This can be true for mysql and file sessions.

reply back if that works or not.

ed

Hi,

first of all, sorry for writing in the german language... :blush:

i installed the latest version and put everything like it?s written in the forum..

In configure i don?t have the session thing on mysql? Is this a problem...

i get the following error...

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/webseiten/domain/shop/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

0 -

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_cost, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id='38' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

It seems to be a sessions-proble...

This online appears when someone puts something in his basket.

Anyone an idea?

thanks

Gr.

Kasper

Sorry to bother again!!

what is the differents between Sessions options to "mysql" or "files"

What is better?

thanks again!

Kasper

Kasper

Look up my posts in this form section and you will I and others have posted a large number of discussions about these.

Also this error below indicates to me you have not set your configure.php files correctly. Surely that path is not the correct path for anything, is it?

(In particular this section "shop/oscommerce/catalog" )

0 -

select customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent, session_id from whos_online order by time_last_click DESC

[TEP STOP]

any ideas?

select customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent, session_id from whos_online order by time_last_click DESC

[TEP STOP]

Charlee,

Check the install instructions. user_agent is a new field in the database. The appropriate SQL statement is in there.

ed