• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

I think I found the culpit.

With debug.php I found a problem with DIR_FS_CATALOG. It seems that the system only find the root as /homepages/xx/xxxxx/htdocs whatever I put in the configure.php even if I remove the define.

Do you know where the DIR_FS_CATALOG could be define?

It is rather intriguing??

Pop the Top

Is it the Output Queries Debug 1.6 contrib that you are referring to ?

I  successfully installed it but (sorry for the question) where should I look for ? I see a lot of info ( verry interresting for a another contrib too) but I do not see any major problem there.

Not sure, I never logged that contribution info in my Admin / Installed Contributions. Must have installed it prior to installing the Installed Contributions MOD.

If I remember correctly, someone put it together after building a caching program for osC so everyone can see the differences with and without the cache enabled.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

With debug.php I found a problem with DIR_FS_CATALOG. It seems that the system only find the root as /homepages/xx/xxxxx/htdocs whatever I put in the configure.php even if I remove the define.

That is defined in catalog\admin\includes\configure.php

Mine states this:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT);

and DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is set at:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/popthet/public_html/catalog');

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Wow, how cool. I had 3 settings in the Admin that were incorrect.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Yes it is that my problem:

I did a hard coding debug in WOE which gives me:

session_path end of file =/homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs/sessions/sess_8e6eccb2b37d9719846a919233eda8e8

DIR_FS_CATALOG = /homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs/

full path = /homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs//homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs/sessions/sess_8e6eccb2b37d9719846a919233eda8e8

You can see that if DIR_FS_CATALOG = something I have a repetition unless the calculation of the rest of the path is wrong. If in the admin/include I put DIR_FS_CATALOG ="" I have problem with images.

How can I test the calculation of the session path?

Yes it is that my problem:

I did a hard coding debug in WOE which gives me:

session_path end of file =/homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs/sessions/sess_8e6eccb2b37d9719846a919233eda8e8

DIR_FS_CATALOG = /homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs/

full path = /homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs//homepages/33/d123750328/htdocs/sessions/sess_8e6eccb2b37d9719846a919233eda8e8

You can see that if DIR_FS_CATALOG = something I have a repetition unless the calculation of the rest of the path is wrong. If in the admin/include I put DIR_FS_CATALOG ="" I have problem with images.

How can I test the calculation of the session path?

Do a search for "DIR_FS_CATALOG" within whos_online.php - You may have 2 of them on the same line or something.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

No I have checked

$session_data = file(DIR_FS_CATALOG . tep_session_save_path() . '/sess_' . $info);

tep_session_save_path gives the path of the session with SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY which is the path in the database.

The problem I have found that as I wanted to create a directory called sessions inside my root site and not sharing it with others I had to indicated the full path including the root path which is equal to DIR_FS_CATALOG. I will try to remove the tep_session_save_path which is not nice regarding the code.

I finally archive something after a lot of tweak in the include/admin.

If I log in and put something in the cart I can see it in WOE

But if I put something in the cart without log in I have a error message in in WOE

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /homepages/xx/xxxxx/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

select session_id, time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='bff9df2d0f86c80c0a3a471b9ba27091'

What's up doctor ?

But in 1.52 it is ok

What's up doctor ?

What is the difference in the session between 1.61 and 1.52 ?

Why is it a such nightmare with this 1.61?

Edited by thdt98

• 4 weeks later...

I've got latest version with that code in it.. but still get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_ip_address() in /var/www/html/adminjpp/whos_online.php on line 341

ANy ideas>??

Sorry folks!

I forgot one small change.  Add the following code to the bottom (just before the final ?> tag) of admin\includes\functions\general.php:

?function tep_get_ip_address() {
? ?if (isset($_SERVER)) {
? ? ?if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) {
? ? ? ?$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];
? ? ?} elseif (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {
? ? ? ?$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];
? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ?$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
? ? ?}
? ?} else {
? ? ?if (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR')) {
? ? ? ?$ip = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');
? ? ?} elseif (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {
? ? ? ?$ip = getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP');
? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ?$ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');
? ? ?}
? ?}

? ?return $ip;
?}

I will update the contrib with this in a minute.

ed

Matt,

Are you checking the admin side? The function is in admin\includes\functions\general.php AND catalog\includes\functions\general.php.

ed

Matt,

Are you checking the admin side?  The function is in admin\includes\functions\general.php AND catalog\includes\functions\general.php.

ed

All fixed.. I has it before }?> as opposed to ?>

'Last URL' and 'referer' arn't showing for me :(

If I go to profile display, I see the referer, but no 'Last URL' either.

ANy clues?

Well, I can confirm if you sit down for 2 hrs, read EVERY post in the 17 pages here, that it does work eventually :)

Using Mysql, cache true, force cookies false, recreate sessions true.

Well, I can confirm if you sit down for 2 hrs, read EVERY post in the 17 pages here, that it does work eventually :)

Using Mysql, cache true, force cookies false, recreate sessions true.

Please Note You are much better off using File sessions rather than Mysql.

It will speed up your cart by about double speed.

Also when changing over to File sessions it is common to have to wait awhile before it starts to work correctly. You should have seen some notes somewhere on this, in this thread.

I think this is a wonderful application, i had no trouble installing it and getting the results i needed.

what i really really need is the ability to see client browser types. i am using WOE additionally for trying to understand a strange problem, and the ability to see browser types would be great.

if you interested in my dilema...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153770

also, if i understand posts on page 16, the idea of a field to allow client debugging would be great as well.

thanx all

I did find that mysql sloed downt he admin side of this considerably.. changed to files.

Working ok, but i get the following errors in the admin side.

Warning: session_start(): open(tmp/sess_778739d8ad086693f2f23096af019792, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Line 67 in sessions is:

return session_start();

above that 66 is:

function tep_session_start() {

any clues??

I've just noticed:

Warning: Unknown(): open(tmp/sess_778739d8ad086693f2f23096af019792, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (tmp) in Unknown on line 0

AT the bttom of the page also...

anyone???

I've just noticed:

Warning: Unknown(): open(tmp/sess_778739d8ad086693f2f23096af019792, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (tmp) in Unknown on line 0

anyone???

I understand you decided to write the sessions to file instead of the database and this error means your temp directory is not set correctly.

For me to get the temp path working for sessions and cache was to write is as an absolute path and not a relative one as is shown default.

So not /temp but something like (depending on your hosts setup) /home/httpd/vhosts/yourdomain.com/httpdocs/temp

HTH

I've just noticed:

anyone???

If you go back through this thread you will see a discussion about where the TMP folder is and the naming of it etc.

On a shared server you should never leave it at just "tmp" under the "home" directory. It will conflict with anyone else using that tmp directory for another shopping cart or other purposes.

If someone else on that server is using this shopping cart program and has the directory also set incorrectly as you apparently have, you will end up getting their shopping cart on your site and vice versa. (this is the client side I'm talking about.)

So you must set you session directory yourself.

If you go back through this thread you will see a discussion about where the TMP folder is and the naming of it etc.

On a shared server you should never leave it at just "tmp" under the "home" directory. It will conflict with anyone else using that tmp directory for another shopping cart or other purposes.

If someone else on that server is using this shopping cart program and has the directory also set incorrectly as you apparently have, you will end up getting their shopping cart on your site and vice versa. (this is the client side I'm talking about.)

So you must set you session directory yourself.

The WOL module works 100% correctly.. it justthe admin session error.

I have setup a dir called 'session' in html directory.. sessions are getting saved to it and the WOL cart shows.. still same error in admin only..

The WOL module works 100% correctly.. it justthe admin session error.

I have setup a dir called 'session' in html directory.. sessions are getting saved to it and the WOL cart shows.. still same error in admin only..

Whats the error in Admin?

Warning: session_start(): open(session/sess_af7c0bf46e37c36ab84dce34a0451701, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /var/www/html/adminjpp/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/adminjpp/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /var/www/html/adminjpp/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/adminjpp/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /var/www/html/adminjpp/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and at the bottom

Warning: Unknown(): open(session/sess_af7c0bf46e37c36ab84dce34a0451701, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (session) in Unknown on line 0

Sessions and cache are updating in the specified folders.