• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Hi,

Also here the same error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /****/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 1087

This line is the last line of whos_online.php:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Installed version 3.6.5

I disabled the usage of curl and simplexmlelements.

I could not get them to work.

can anyone help?

Greetz

Marcel

I found the answer also in this topic (#1203):

While disabling session data encryption will work on a server that you control, users with managed hosting aren't so fortunate, as session data encryption is an important component of the security enhancements of the suhosin patch. Server operators who have installed the patch are unlikely to disable this feature.

When I have some free time, I'll address this issue.

For those who are having difficulty with the latest versions, I would recommend that you install v3.5.4. It is a stable release, but doesn't have the Google Map stuff.

--Glen

This is a character set mapping issue. The data source is encoded in UTF-8, but the page is being displayed in ISO-8859-1. It is fairly easy to fix, but I haven't looked at the new map stuff at all. Based on the number of updates, it wasn't tested very well before it was posted.

--Glen

Thanks for your answer :)

I solve this using: utf8_decode('text')

Regards!!

I guess this message is for SteveDallas as its more about the base whos online enhancement 3.5.4.

I would be thrilled if someone could look into any possibles fixes for the bot issues or advise how I could adjust my report so that it only shows real people.

Below is screen shot of my whos online - out of 13 lines - only 6 of them are actual real people - the rest are bots/search engines. Is there something wrong with my whos online ? - or can a workaround maybe be developed where the report searches for the term search or crawl or perhaps an ip in the ip address field and is able to recognize and list that entry as a bot so it doesnt show in the general list..... ?

Just throwing an idea out there, or perhaps there is a problem with just my whos online enhancement report, not sure

forumoscommerce_whosonline_canbedeleted.jpg

I guess this message is for SteveDallas as its more about the base whos online enhancement 3.5.4.

I would be thrilled if someone could look into any possibles fixes for the bot issues or advise how I could adjust my report so that it only shows real people.

Below is screen shot of my whos online - out of 13 lines - only 6 of them are actual real people - the rest are bots/search engines. Is there something wrong with my whos online ? - or can a workaround maybe be developed where the report searches for the term search or crawl or perhaps an ip in the ip address field and is able to recognize and list that entry as a bot so it doesnt show in the general list..... ?

Just throwing an idea out there, or perhaps there is a problem with just my whos online enhancement report, not sure

Deb,

The bot detection works (outside of Who's Online; we just display the results) from the "user agent" string, which you can see by enabling Profile Display. In general, if bots are showing up as guests, you should first follow the troubleshooting section of the installation instructions, which I copy in relevant part here:

2. If bots are in your shop but aren't being detected, install the latest spiders.txt from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455

3. If Force Cookie Use is enabled in the shop configuration, bots are not detected properly. A solution is being developed.

Once you have checked these items, let me know here in the forum whether it helped, and post the User Agent strings of other visitors that you believe to be bots.

--Glen

Thanks for the speedy response.

The bot detection is working in that it detects Googlebot and is shown on my jpg (hidden as qty 1 bot)

My spiders.txt is the current version from Dec 2008.

I suppose my issue is the Force Cookie Use which is set to True.

The user agent strings are as follows:

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp/3.0; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)

User Agent: RedCarpet/1.4 (http://www.pronto.com/robots.html)

User Agent: YahooSeeker/1.2 (compatible; Mozilla 4.0; MSIE 5.5; yahooseeker at yahoo-inc dot com ; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/shop/merchant/)

I guess my request is the solution being developed, but I am wondering if it is close because it has been mentioned as being developed for a few years now, which led me to think that perhaps the problem is just my whos online.

Deb,

The bot detection works (outside of Who's Online; we just display the results) from the "user agent" string, which you can see by enabling Profile Display. In general, if bots are showing up as guests, you should first follow the troubleshooting section of the installation instructions, which I copy in relevant part here:

2. If bots are in your shop but aren't being detected, install the latest spiders.txt from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455

3. If Force Cookie Use is enabled in the shop configuration, bots are not detected properly. A solution is being developed.

Once you have checked these items, let me know here in the forum whether it helped, and post the User Agent strings of other visitors that you believe to be bots.

--Glen

Thanks for the speedy response.

The bot detection is working in that it detects Googlebot and is shown on my jpg (hidden as qty 1 bot)

My spiders.txt is the current version from Dec 2008.

I suppose my issue is the Force Cookie Use which is set to True.

The user agent strings are as follows:

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp/3.0; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)

User Agent: RedCarpet/1.4 (http://www.pronto.com/robots.html)

User Agent: YahooSeeker/1.2 (compatible; Mozilla 4.0; MSIE 5.5; yahooseeker at yahoo-inc dot com ; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/shop/merchant/)

I guess my request is the solution being developed, but I am wondering if it is close because it has been mentioned as being developed for a few years now, which led me to think that perhaps the problem is just my whos online.

I haven't looked at the Force Cookie Use issue in quite a while; a partial solution was posted here in the forum a while back, but it didn't work quite right. The problem is that the proposed solution requires changes to core osC session code, and I'd rather not change it. Is there a reason that you need Force Cookie Use enabled? There are better ways to keep bots from putting things in carts; there's some code in sid killer that is useful for that problem. (Most bots won't follow a POST action; part of sid killer changes all the 'buy now' buttons to POST.)

--Glen

Thanks Glen,

To tell you the truth, I dont know why I use Force Cookie Use - True other than I was told it was a must for security issues with my customers information - I dont really know if I need this set to true or not ? Can you help and advise the pros and cons of Force Cookie Use ?

I haven't looked at the Force Cookie Use issue in quite a while; a partial solution was posted here in the forum a while back, but it didn't work quite right. The problem is that the proposed solution requires changes to core osC session code, and I'd rather not change it. Is there a reason that you need Force Cookie Use enabled? There are better ways to keep bots from putting things in carts; there's some code in sid killer that is useful for that problem. (Most bots won't follow a POST action; part of sid killer changes all the 'buy now' buttons to POST.)

--Glen

hi i'm having some problems trying to install this contribution. when i try to go to phpMyAdmin and run the code in step 2 i get the error

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD `country_code` VARCHAR( 2 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address` ,

ADD `country_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `country_code` ,

ADD `region_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `country_name` ,

ADD `city` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `region_name` ,

ADD `latitude` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `city` ,

ADD `longitude` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `latitude` ;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'country_code'

at phpMyAdmin i did the rest of the steps but can't do step #5 because i don't have a "Google Maps Key" in my store admin area. how do i fix this? Thanks!

Version 3.5.4 retains showmyip.com as the IP lookup when you click on the address in the IP address column. It only uses dnsstuff.com when you click on the address in the detailed profile display. You can make it use showmyip.com by finding this line:

echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href='http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=$whos_online[ip_address]' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

and replacing it with this:

echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href="http://www.showmyip.com/?ip=' . $whos_online['ip_address'] . '&get=nmap" target="_blank">" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

This version still opens customer info when clicking on the name of a logged in customer. It doesn't do anything for guests, Admin, or bots.

--Glen

Since neither dnstuff or showmyip work, is there sn alternative?

I installed the Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.5 a week or so ago, and just realized that the "Shopping Cart" is not working at all. It doesn't even say "empty" as shown in the screenshot included with the contribution. This was plugged into a CRE Loaded 6.4 site, but I have heard others claiming success. Any suggestions on where to look or what to test?

I installed the Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.5 a week or so ago, and just realized that the "Shopping Cart" is not working at all. It doesn't even say "empty" as shown in the screenshot included with the contribution. This was plugged into a CRE Loaded 6.4 site, but I have heard others claiming success. Any suggestions on where to look or what to test?

Jerry,

What version were you using before you upgraded?

--Glen

Hello all;

I've had the newest version installed on my site for a couple of

weeks now and still have not figured out why there are no referers

showing on the list. It always says "no referer"

Also I am getting many duplicate IP addresses.

With the map, is it supposed to show where the IP address is located?

Mine really doesn't show much.

Thanks in advance

Jerry,

What version were you using before you upgraded?

--Glen

Glen, the Id is whos_online.php v 1.32. In rolling back to previous files to check the version, I have now noticed that the Users Shopping Cart does not work in it either. I also noticed that the Status icons never show a status with a shopping cart. I'll make a leap here and guess that the function tep_check_cart isn't getting the data it is expecting, but I also see other possibilities. I did try testing with SEO both on and off, but got the same results. Do you have a testing idea?

Glen, the Id is whos_online.php v 1.32. In rolling back to previous files to check the version, I have now noticed that the Users Shopping Cart does not work in it either. I also noticed that the Status icons never show a status with a shopping cart. I'll make a leap here and guess that the function tep_check_cart isn't getting the data it is expecting, but I also see other possibilities. I did try testing with SEO both on and off, but got the same results. Do you have a testing idea?

There are some troubleshooting ideas in the readme file that accompanied all the versions that I released (through v3.5.4). I don't know if it's still in the new version. In particular, if your host has installed the Suhosin patch from the Hardened-PHP Project[/php], you will not see cart data. This is because suhosin encrypts session data with a key that is unique to the shopper. In this case, we no longer have the ability to snoop the session data that is stored in the whos_online table in the database. At some point, I plan to work around this limitation, but until then, no carts for suhosin users.

--Glen

Hi,

I am using 3.6.5 for 2 different websites (2 different hosting companies). The google map works for 1 site but not the other. Any guess for the problem? Thanks for any help in advance.

You must have 2 differents KEY, one for each website. Is it the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Endereço de Origem: http://www.mysite/catalog/

4 %s Visitantes/Clientes (Serão considerados inativos depois de 5 minutos e apagados depois de 15 minutos)

0 Ips Duplicados

1 TEXT_BOT

0 Eu Mesmo

3 Clientes, 2TEXT_ACTIVE_CUSTOMERS

problems:

-the number of visitors is below the line, it appears that% should not.

it google map does not show anything, even while setting some of the key.

- the text is right in TEXT_ACTIVE_CUSTOMERS file languages, but when customers qty greater than 1 is the text: TEXT_ACTIVE_CUSTOMERS.

I'm using version 3.6.6

Hi everybody!

I'm having this error with almost all the releases (I've been testing a lot)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/u1/**censored**/html/admin/whos_online.php:186 Stack trace: #0 /home/u1/**censored**/html/admin/whos_online.php(186): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/u1/**censored**/html/admin/whos_online.php(223): updateIps('84.122.94.117') #2 /home/u1/**censored**/html/admin/whos_online.php(382): add_geolocation() #3 {main} thrown in /home/u1/**censored**/html/admin/whos_online.php on line 186

I'm hosted at Aplus with Php 5, custom php.ini for my hosting and have enable:

extension=xml.so

extension=simplexml.so

extension=curl.so

Php.ini setup:

allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off ; Code cleanliness

magic_quotes_gpc = Off ; Performance

output_buffering = 4096 ; Performance

register_argc_argv = Off ; Performance

register_globals = Off ; Security, Performance [default]

register_long_arrays = Off ; Performance

variables_order = "GPCS" ; Performance

zlib.output_compression = On ; Performance

allow_url_fopen = On

allow_url_include = Off

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

fastcgi.log = 0

max_execution_time = 15

max_input_time = 60

memory_limit = 32M

safe_mode_exec_dir =

upload_max_filesize = 10M

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"

Any ideas? I've been trying to make that work for the last 3 days non-stop

Ty in advance

I also use https for my admin area. Is there a way to use the map there too? Now I must click on yes or no when it says there are unsafe images.

Edited by Mercatvs