• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

I just wanted to say thank you to those who have developed this, especially Steve Dallas for 3.5 because it is the first time the who's online enhancement has been fully functional in my admin. Appreciate the effort.

Scott

Works great for me even with register globals off. Thank you.

One question, the refresh rate defaults to "None" after one refresh. Is that the way it was desiged to work?

Again, thank you for a slick Who's Online.

Works great for me even with register globals off. Thank you.

One question, the refresh rate defaults to "None" after one refresh. Is that the way it was desiged to work?

Again, thank you for a slick Who's Online.

No, it is supposed to retain all settings through multiple refreshes. This might be a register_globals=off issue.

--Glen

No, it is supposed to retain all settings through multiple refreshes. This might be a register_globals=off issue.

--Glen

How does it retain settings?

How does it retain settings?

In my case at least, it doesn't retain the refresh rate if register globals are ON or OFF. Makes no difference. At the first refresh reverts to NONE.

In my case at least, it doesn't retain the refresh rate if register globals are ON or OFF. Makes no difference. At the first refresh reverts to NONE.

After further testing it does seem to be a rgister global issue. It will retain the refresh rate with globals ON.

Make sure that the /includes/functions/ file went into the store, not the admin. It sounds as though you're not collecting hostnames.

--Glen

I confirmed I have the files in the right directory.. looks like it's just me having this issue :blink:

it shows no IPs/hostnames, it only shows "Admin" when I'm logged in.

I have been able to duplicate this with register_globals = off. I understand the problem and have a fix, but am working to resolve the shopping cart problem that also occurs with register_globals off. I should have an update in a day or so.

Note that while the drop-down menu reverts to "off", the page continues to refresh at the specified interval.

--Glen

Hey all,

Wondering if I can get some help? I've been using v1.9 for quite a while, love it :)

Have just decided to upgrade to v3.5 - having issues. I've copied over all the files, and changed the db. It's coming up with an "internal error or misconfiguration". I tired going down to v3.2, and that worked (had to delete the function tep_get_ip_address() from general.php), but when trying to go back up to v3.5 I get the error. Could it be an issue with register_globals (can't remember if they're set or not on my server, how to check?)

Cheers :)

Hey all,

Wondering if I can get some help? I've been using v1.9 for quite a while, love it :)

Have just decided to upgrade to v3.5 - having issues. I've copied over all the files, and changed the db. It's coming up with an "internal error or misconfiguration". I tired going down to v3.2, and that worked (had to delete the function tep_get_ip_address() from general.php), but when trying to go back up to v3.5 I get the error. Could it be an issue with register_globals (can't remember if they're set or not on my server, how to check?)

Cheers :)

Where do you get this message? In the store (points to problem in /catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php) or in the admin (points to problem in /catalog/admin/whos_online.php)?

The problem doesn't sound like a register_globals issue. You can determine the state of this setting by looking at the Server Info page. (Admin->Tools->Server Info) It's in the PHP Core block.

What version of osC are you running?

So far, there are two known issues running Who's Online v3.5 with MS2.2 and register_globals off:

1. Pull-down menus forget their state on refresh.

2. Clicking on a customer with a cart doesn't display the cart contents until the page is refreshed.

#1 is not a problem in RC1, which has a fix in tep_draw_pull_down_menu() that addresses this issue. I have a workaround in whos_online.php for MS2.2. Note that other pull-down menus in Admin don't work correctly in MS2.2 when the Register_Globals patch is installed.

I'm currently working on issue #2 and hope to post a fix shortly.

--Glen

I have been able to duplicate this with register_globals = off. I understand the problem and have a fix, but am working to resolve the shopping cart problem that also occurs with register_globals off. I should have an update in a day or so.

Note that while the drop-down menu reverts to "off", the page continues to refresh at the specified interval.

--Glen

Thank you Glen!

I've just installed v3.5 ITS FANTASTIC!!

one little niggle is the Shoppin Cart info is not showing up... even when i know there is a cart.

I've searched the forum and checked that the sessions are set to Mysql...

help appreciaed

mick.

I've just installed v3.5 ITS FANTASTIC!!

one little niggle is the Shoppin Cart info is not showing up... even when i know there is a cart.

I've searched the forum and checked that the sessions are set to Mysql...

help appreciaed

mick.

Mick,

Go into "Server Info" Admin->Tools->Server Info. Tell me the setting of register_globals on your server. Also, do you know if the suhosin patch from the Hardened-PHP Project is installed on your server?

--Glen

Mick,

Go into "Server Info" Admin->Tools->Server Info. Tell me the setting of register_globals on your server. Also, do you know if the suhosin patch from the Hardened-PHP Project is installed on your server?

--Glen

hi, Globals is OFF I'm presuming suhosin and hardened php are not installed...as there's no mention of these patches on my host/host forums.

cheers.

mick.

hi, Globals is OFF I'm presuming suhosin and hardened php are not installed...as there's no mention of these patches on my host/host forums.

cheers.

mick.

There are known issues with most versions of Who's Online Enhancement when register_globals=off. I am working on a solution for a cart problem and will post an update soon.

--Glen

I LOVE v3.5, it ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

One question I am getting alot of duplicate user, is that normal?

-matt

It happens from time to time. I think some browsers wind up generating multiple sessions. I'm not certain why.

--Glen

I LOVE v3.5, it ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

One question I am getting alot of duplicate user, is that normal?

-matt

i get that alot too. but when 1 person is on 20 or 30 times it's likely a bot and needs to be blocked.

stevedallas you are amazing. i can't wait to finally get this to work 100% of under globals off! :)

Hello,

great Work, but one small problem for me:

the settings for refreshment and profile are kept, but the show-bot-feature turns to unchecked after a refresh.

There are known issues with most versions of Who's Online Enhancement when register_globals=off. I am working on a solution for a cart problem and will post an update soon.

--Glen

Glen, we fixed problems with shopping cart info not showing in our 3.4b version - not sure about wether it works with globals - I'll check it, however you might want to have a look.

Edited by xmanflash

I confirmed I have the files in the right directory.. looks like it's just me having this issue :blink:

it shows no IPs/hostnames, it only shows "Admin" when I'm logged in.

I just installed 3.5, and I have the same problem. I had IP addresses with the original Who's Online, but not with this.

I verified all the files were uploaded.

I just installed 3.5, and I have the same problem. I had IP addresses with the original Who's Online, but not with this.

I verified all the files were uploaded.

Can you tell me about your server configuration?

--Glen

Hello,

great Work, but one small problem for me:

the settings for refreshment and profile are kept, but the show-bot-feature turns to unchecked after a refresh.

Update:

I´ve found out that if i klick in the Box and AFTER it one of the pulldowns, the checked-flag remains set. Can anybody confirm this feature?