• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Exactly the same problem, updated whos online from OSCMax2 whos online, don't know that version.

Anyone has an idea what can be the problem?

/Bengt

The OSCMax2 forum should give you the answer.

Ok, here's what I did. I ftp'ed each php file to my desktop and opened it in winmerge. I compared these files with the stock whos online files. The modified file that goes in the admin directory has a call to the shopping cart just below the require application top. I simply commented it out and the program worked.

As for the links, I don't like having redirects in my programs. The whatsmyisp.com redirect wasn't too bad. But the other one was making a call to another website that was logging customer info. So, they both got booted.

Hello,

Can you please tell us what's the other website? I have the previous version and I can't find other website that logs customers info.

Thank you for your work.

Here's one line in admin-includes-lang-english-whos_online: define('AZER_WHOSONLINE_WHOIS_URL', 'http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip='); //for version 2.9 by azer - whois ip

And here again in admin-whos_online: // whois url hardcoded :

echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href='http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=$whos_online[ip_address]' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

// whois url with variable added in admin : echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href='" . AZER_WHOSONLINE_WHOIS_URL . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

Here's one line in admin-includes-lang-english-whos_online: define('AZER_WHOSONLINE_WHOIS_URL', 'http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip='); //for version 2.9 by azer - whois ip

And here again in admin-whos_online: // whois url hardcoded :

echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href='http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=$whos_online[ip_address]' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

// whois url with variable added in admin : echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href='" . AZER_WHOSONLINE_WHOIS_URL . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

Ah, yes I noticed those links but Dnsstuff is considered by many, a serious website.

Well, I solved my issue. I removed the shopping cart reference in the whos_online.php file in admin. I also removed two redirects from these files that were sending info to other sites! One was called whatsmyisp.com the other was for a site that is owned by the contributor azir.

The only thing left to fix is the images don't display, just boxes with red x's.

Both whatsmyip.com and dnsstuff.com are DNS lookup sites that are fairly well known. The only data sent to them via the links in the code is the IP address that is being looked up. To the best of my knowledge, user Azer doesn't have anything to do with dnsstuff.com; he apparently preferred to use that site for DNS lookups.

--Glen

Glen:

You are correct!

Both whatsmyip.com and dnsstuff.com are DNS lookup sites that are fairly well known. The only data sent to them via the links in the code is the IP address that is being looked up. To the best of my knowledge, user Azer doesn't have anything to do with dnsstuff.com; he apparently preferred to use that site for DNS lookups.

--Glen

You will need to turn register globals on at least in your admin directory for this to work correctly and show the cart contents.

If your server is Unix be sure that "AllowOverride" is "On" in your httpd.conf file or if you don't want it on server wide add this to httpd.conf:

<Directory /path/to/your/admin>

AllowOverride All

</Directory>

Then create or add to a .htacess file and upload it to the admin directory:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>

php_value register_globals 1

</IfModule>

Good luck!

Exactly the same problem, updated whos online from OSCMax2 whos online, don't know that version.

Anyone has an idea what can be the problem?

/Bengt

Ah - thanks for pointing that out - The shoppingCart class is something we added - forgot to take it out.. Please do as suggested and comment that line out..

Will update the code when I have a mo.

Pete from helpwise.com.au

Ah - thanks for pointing that out - The shoppingCart class is something we added - forgot to take it out.. Please do as suggested and comment that line out..

Will update the code when I have a mo.

Pete from helpwise.com.au

I have uploaded whos online 3.4b which fixes the reported 'duplicate class loading' error introduced in our 3.4a version.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,824

I have uploaded v3.5 of the Who's Online Enhancement. It offers some major enhancements that many people have requested. I have been using most of the features included in this version for several months and am confident of its stability.

* Hostname resolution is now done on the customer side (once per session) and is cached in the whos_online table in the database. This significantly reduces the load on the server and should eliminate all the runtime limit errors that users have experienced on servers that impose a 30 second limit on PHP scripts.

* Refresh time and session detail displays are now drop-down menus. The code now allows you to see details and have the page refresh at the same time.

* The much requested "Show Bots" checkbox has been added. The default is to hide the bots; if you want to see them, check the box and the page will update. This setting is remembered through updates to the refresh timer.

* All "manual bot detection" code has been removed. It has always been a kludge. If bots are showing up as normal users, install the latest version of spiders.txt to have the bots recognized globally by osC http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455.

* Several bug fixes contributed by others are incorporated.

The update can be found at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/824.

Please try it and let me know how you like it.

--Glen

I have uploaded v3.5 of the Who's Online Enhancement. It offers some major enhancements that many people have requested. I have been using most of the features included in this version for several months and am confident of its stability.

--Glen

Hi Glen

I like it.

Only the last line of the sql was needed for updating from previous versions.

Maybe a refresh button, it seems a little to refresh when changes made to the settings, plus sometimes you may want a refresh more quickly but not change the default refresh time.

How do you get it to store your favaourite settings?

Edited by Coopco

Hi Glen

I like it.

Only the last line of the sql was needed for updating from previous versions.

Maybe a refresh button, it seems a little to refresh when changes made to the settings, plus sometimes you may want a refresh more quickly but not change the default refresh time.

How do you get it to store your favaourite settings?

Your browser has a refresh button, if you want it to reload immediately. Or, you can click on an entry in the list.

There is no mechanism for storing the settings. I'll think about this for a future release, but I don't remember anyone being concerned about it before.

--Glen

Your browser has a refresh button, if you want it to reload immediately. Or, you can click on an entry in the list.

There is no mechanism for storing the settings. I'll think about this for a future release, but I don't remember anyone being concerned about it before.

--Glen

Ok, thanks Glen.

i have updated to 3.5

but but still i get no shopping cart info on the who on line page

if have check the both configure.php but they have the same :

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

in the configuration of store in sessions

Sessies

Sessies-directory tmp

Forceer cookiegebruik False

Controleer SSL sessie-ID False

Controleer browser user False

Controleer IP-adres user False

Block spiders False

Recreat sessie True

thanks B)

i have updated to 3.5

but but still i get no shopping cart info on the who on line page

if have check the both configure.php but they have the same :

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Is the "suhosin" patch from the Hardened-PHP project installed on your server? That will cause cart data to be unreadable. The test for this is a little easier if you are using 'mysql' for the "STORE_SESSIONS" value. Open your shop's database and browse the 'sessions' table. If the entries in the 'value' field all start with "cart", this contribution should work. If the entries look like gibberish, you probably have suhosin installed and the session variables are encrypted so you won't be able to read them.

I will give this some thought to see if there is a workaround.

--Glen

What additional features would you like to see?

--Glen

register globals OFF compatibility :)

the latest version ALMOST works.

but when i click on a flashing cart, the first shows up empty. if i click on another who has a shopping cart, i see the first guy's cart. (and vice-versa)

Edited by eww

register globals OFF compatibility :)

the latest version ALMOST works.

but when i click on a flashing cart, the first shows up empty. if i click on another who has a shopping cart, i see the first guy's cart. (and vice-versa)

I guess I'll have to build a server; my host still has register_globals ON, so I can't troubleshoot that issue.

--Glen

can you do override?

admin/.htaccess

php_flag register_globals off

can't remember if this is the correct line, but before i figured out how to edit this in whm i used this (or something similar to):

admin/php.ini

register globals = Off

in a file i created in public_html called php.ini

either of these would shut globals off for /admin if admin's htaccess folder or admin's php.ini file was created/edited.

* Hostname resolution is now done on the customer side (once per session) and is cached in the whos_online table in the database. This significantly reduces the load on the server and should eliminate all the runtime limit errors that users have experienced on servers that impose a 30 second limit on PHP scripts.

* Refresh time and session detail displays are now drop-down menus. The code now allows you to see details and have the page refresh at the same time.

* The much requested "Show Bots" checkbox has been added. The default is to hide the bots; if you want to see them, check the box and the page will update. This setting is remembered through updates to the refresh timer.

* All "manual bot detection" code has been removed. It has always been a kludge. If bots are showing up as normal users, install the latest version of spiders.txt to have the bots recognized globally by osC http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455.

* Several bug fixes contributed by others are incorporated.

The update can be found at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/824.

--Glen

Installed 3.5, now no IP addresses show anymore. SQL queries were run as instructed. :blink:

Installed 3.5, now no IP addresses show anymore. SQL queries were run as instructed. :blink:

Did you replace catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php with the one from this package, or did you just upgrade the admin component?

--Glen

Did you replace catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php with the one from this package, or did you just upgrade the admin component?

--Glen

I replaced all 3 files ..

What additional features would you like to see?

--Glen

congrats for latest version. Show/hide bots is the best feature :) .. also there is no timeouts anymore. page loads as lightning.

What about flags, to see where customers are coming from?

congrats for latest version. Show/hide bots is the best feature :) .. also there is no timeouts anymore. page loads as lightning.

Thanks. The page load time was the thing that drove me to do the work. Show/hide bots was something I added at the last minute because it was frequently requested.

What about flags, to see where customers are coming from?

I'll add it to the list.

--Glen