• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

i have the same problem .. and then later it says down below .. "mysql has gone away" ...

I don't get the sql message but still very annoying.

Have checked and both configure.php are set up the same.

Thanks for any help/comments.

Regards,

Lewis Hill

probably mine error says bacuse of loading too long (reverse DNS)

i never had this problem with older version, where it showed only IP number ..

No I always had it - from day one, version one.

Thanks for any help/comments.

Regards,

Lewis Hill

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed 'Who's Online Enhancement v3.3.2a' an noticed on my site 12 Visitors 5 Dup Ip's 11 Bots 1 Myself and -5 Real users!

No wonder I'm not getting sales with -5 real customers frequenting the store :-"

Paul.

Just installed 'Who's Online Enhancement v3.3.2a' an noticed on my site 12 Visitors 5 Dup Ip's 11 Bots 1 Myself and -5 Real users!

No wonder I'm not getting sales with -5 real customers frequenting the store :-"

Paul.

Paul,

I think I know what is going on. osC normally doesn't assign sessions (osCsid values) to bots, so the "real customer" calculation assumes that each bot has one entry. What is happening in your case is that the "manual bot detection" code in whos_online.php is counting up bot sessions that are missed by the osC bot handling code, which could include duplicate bot sessions.

The fix is to install the latest spiders.txt file.

Perhaps I should delete the manual bot detection code altogether, because the ones detected there should be caught by spiders.txt.

Note that Microsoft is now doing "cloaking" checks with a bot that masquerades as a browser. These sessions are displayed as real customers, but resolve to a name that contains "livebot". I need to think about what to do with those sessions.

--Glen

Butch,

The latest spiders.txt should fix your problem as well.

Edited by SteveDallas

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

After moving to a new hoster, whos_online.php shows incorrect shopping cart data, and/or incorrect shopping cart items. I have cleared out the sessions database, and verified that both configure.php files are the same for STORE_SESSIONS (both are set to 'mysql') . any ideas? Using 3.3.2a. Thank you in advance

Edited by supernoc

Greetings,

After moving to a new hoster, whos_online.php shows incorrect shopping cart data, and/or incorrect shopping cart items. I have cleared out the sessions database, and verified that both configure.php files are the same for STORE_SESSIONS (both are set to 'mysql') . any ideas? Using 3.3.2a. Thank you in advance

I can't think of a reason that this would happen, but contact me via PM; maybe we can work together to sort it out.

--Glen

I have Who's Online 3.3 on my website. I just had my hosting service copy my database to start a new website. The My IP Address shows my address correctly in the original website but the copy is showing my hosting's address as My IP Address. Where does it pick this address up and how do I correct it? Right now my new site shows me as a guest not as admin. Thanks for your help.

Starnene

I have Who's Online 3.3 on my website. I just had my hosting service copy my database to start a new website. The My IP Address shows my address correctly in the original website but the copy is showing my hosting's address as My IP Address. Where does it pick this address up and how do I correct it? Right now my new site shows me as a guest not as admin. Thanks for your help.

Starnene

Who's Online uses the value returned to PHP by the server, using $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]. This value should be the same shown in Admin->Tools->Server Info. Scroll down to the Environment block to find it. If it is incorrect there as well, contact your hosting service to fix their PHP integration.

--Glen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy's,

I've probably missed it (I have searched), but is there a way to include the non-osc pages on the same domain, though many are in different folders to my osc folder (commonly known as 'catalog'). My reason for this, is because many of my 'other' pages lead to the osc site. So rather that list the external page visitors have come from, many are listed as coming from my own site.

Perhaps I haven't described myself very well, but hopefully you know where I'm coming from.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Guy's,

I have found that at the top of the customer store pages, I have this displayed

_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($user_agent) . "')"); } } ?>

which comes from the bottom of catalog/includes/includes/functions/whos_online.php as shown here

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('" . (int)$wo_customer_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_full_name) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_session_id) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_ip_address) . "', '" . tep_db_input($current_time) . "', '" . tep_db_input($current_time) . "', '" . tep_db_input($wo_last_page_url) . "', '" . tep_db_input($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($user_agent) . "')");
}
 }
?>

Can anyone help with its removal/making good please?

Hello,

Contribution works great, thanks. Was wondering if anyone has used it with SPPC (special pricing per customer) contribution? Would like whos_online to show the actual total of the customer and not always retail.

Thanks JR

Hi Guy's,

I've probably missed it (I have searched), but is there a way to include the non-osc pages on the same domain, though many are in different folders to my osc folder (commonly known as 'catalog'). My reason for this, is because many of my 'other' pages lead to the osc site. So rather that list the external page visitors have come from, many are listed as coming from my own site.

Perhaps I haven't described myself very well, but hopefully you know where I'm coming from.

Can anyone shed any light on my enquiry please?

Old Version of Who's Online to New Version Who's Online v3.2

When I installed this new Who's online contribution I get this on my main page:

Warning: require(includes/functions/whos_online.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 1101

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/whos_online.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 1101

I looked in the application_top.php on line 1101 and I see this:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');

tep_update_whos_online();

Is this from an older version of who's online? Do I have to remove these lines of text or is something else wrong?

Old Version of Who's Online to New Version Who's Online v3.2

When I installed this new Who's online contribution I get this on my main page:

I looked in the application_top.php on line 1101 and I see this:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');

tep_update_whos_online();

Is this from an older version of who's online? Do I have to remove these lines of text or is something else wrong?

When upgrading from the original version of Who's Online, you have to add /catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php from the zip file.

That should cure this problem.

--Glen

Whats all this about

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/russell/public_html/admin/whos_online.php on line 121

Please

It sounds as though you may have encountered a non-resolving IP address and your ISP has a limit on execution time of PHP scripts. Does it happen all the time, or just at certain times?

--Glen

Hi Guy's,

I understand what you want, but I am not sure that it can be done. The only way to find the source of those visits may be to scan your server logs.

--Glen

I understand what you want, but I am not sure that it can be done. The only way to find the source of those visits may be to scan your server logs.

--Glen

Thanks for your reply.

I'm experimenting with Google Analytics at present, but I like the 'instant' report of Who's Online', which enables me to visit the source pages, especially search engines to see what search terms were used. Google Analytics is rather delayed....

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have installed this today and when I go to the who's online page I get

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not in a.b.c.d form in C:\Inetpub\whos_online.php on line 414

I have chopped the c:\ path so it isn't the full path

I found a fix on page 56 of this topic with a similar error message

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /var/www/vhosts/westernandwildlifewonders.com/httpdocs/shop/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 401

The answer was to change

echo gethostbyaddr($whos_online['ip_address']);

to

if ($whos_online['ip_address']){
$filtered_ip= preg_replace('/[^0-9.]/','',$whos_online['ip_address']);//remove everything except numbers and periods
$filtered_ip = gethostbyaddr($filtered_ip);
echo $filtered_ip;
}

It worked but just want to make sure I was correcting the right thing

Cheers

Ian

ive upgraded from 1.9 today to 3.4

everything seems to work BUT it takes around 2 min for 3.4 to actually load.

it calculates bots normally, shoppinjg carts display, number of real customers is correct etc, but everytime you load it, it takes around 2 min to load

if i go in my admin folder and overwrite whos_online.php with the old 1.9 everything works, and the load time is like 1 second.

only difference is instead of saying Who's Online 1.9

it says Who's Online 3.4 but appears as 1.9 with the old images and layout etc.

anyone else know why this would take so long to load?

ive upgraded from 1.9 today to 3.4

everything seems to work BUT it takes around 2 min for 3.4 to actually load.

it calculates bots normally, shoppinjg carts display, number of real customers is correct etc, but everytime you load it, it takes around 2 min to load

if i go in my admin folder and overwrite whos_online.php with the old 1.9 everything works, and the load time is like 1 second.

only difference is instead of saying Who's Online 1.9

it says Who's Online 3.4 but appears as 1.9 with the old images and layout etc.

anyone else know why this would take so long to load?

Evan,

It sounds as though you overwrote the language file /admin/includes/languages/english/whos_online.php, but not the actual code, which is /admin/whos_online.php. The version number is stored in the language file.

As far as the slow loading problem, did you have a number of customers in the shop whose IP addresses didn't resolve to hostnames? That could cause this problem.

--Glen

Evan,

It sounds as though you overwrote the language file /admin/includes/languages/english/whos_online.php, but not the actual code, which is /admin/whos_online.php. The version number is stored in the language file.

As far as the slow loading problem, did you have a number of customers in the shop whose IP addresses didn't resolve to hostnames? That could cause this problem.

--Glen

yeah i left the language file and everything else from 3.4 along and only overwrote the main whos_online.php file , basically as a quick fix until i could find out why 3.4 was taking so long.

basically if i overwrite the 1.9 version with 3.4 it instantly takes 2 min to load. if i then go back to 1.9 and hit refresh on the site, the whos online loads in seconds.

so i don't think it would have anything to do with the customers as they are the same people as when i try it using 1.9 and that works flawless.

on avg there are usually around 60-100 people online at any given time, not sure if that has anything to do with it?