• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Hello,

I also get the following error for some of the visitors on the site :

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /var/www/vhosts/westernandwildlifewonders.com/httpdocs/shop/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 401

Any remedy to this ?

dca

I filter the IP address to remove spaces, letters, commas, etc...using this:

change

echo gethostbyaddr($whos_online['ip_address']);

to:

if ($whos_online['ip_address']){
$filtered_ip= preg_replace('/[^0-9.]/','',$whos_online['ip_address']);//remove everything except numbers and periods
$filtered_ip = gethostbyaddr($filtered_ip);
echo $filtered_ip;
}

I did a quick search and scan of this topic and I didnt see the resolution to the following problem.

When one of the visitors has an item in their cart, every "customer" has the Active with Cart or Inactive with Cart icon.

I did see that some with the same problem had different info here in the config files, but mine are both set to mysql.

Did I miss the resolution? I had hoped that downloading the newest contrib would help with this issue but it hasnt, I am not quite sure exactly where that particular problem lies.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I have just uploaded this mod and find that nobody ever shows as active with cart even when thay are making an order.

Also, the standard who's online used to show me exactly what the customers had in their baskets. This one doesn't. Is that supposed to happen?

Edited by Chubz

Anyone know how I uninstall this mod? It doesn't do what it says it does. The standard Who's online is much better and much faster and there seems to be no support for this anymore.

I don't know how to restore these tables to how they were before. This is from the install instructions.

ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

Can I just re-upload the standard who's online files & leave the database as it is?

I'm assuming that these are columns added to tables in the DB that I need to drop, but I'm still quite a beginner in php so I'm afraid to touch it just yet because the shop is live.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know how I uninstall this mod? It doesn't do what it says it does. The standard Who's online is much better and much faster and there seems to be no support for this anymore.

I don't know how to restore these tables to how they were before. This is from the install instructions.

ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

Can I just re-upload the standard who's online files & leave the database as it is?

I'm assuming that these are columns added to tables in the DB that I need to drop, but I'm still quite a beginner in php so I'm afraid to touch it just yet because the shop is live.

Thanks in advance.

I use 1.9 which is simply excellent. Perhaps you should try upgrading to this?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how a link to empty somebody's cart could be added to the who's online page?

Or the option to delete their customer account?

It would detour a lot of the random keystroke people if their credentials disappeared midway before the checkout process. :)

Well, I 'm baffled what went wrong for me then.

I have an almost completely clean install only a few weeks old & this mod just didn't work for me :(

I too have the same problems you have stated an do not have a fix for it either. I would say it is something in RC1 that has changed. i also have reverted back to the original version.

Damien.

1. how about country flags beside IP? is this possible?

2. A button to show or hide bots ...

just my two cents for great contribution ;D

anybody thought of implement this?

Dear Community Users,

I was very happy to find the outstanding contribution Who's online enhancement 3.21 and just installed it a last week.

Unfortunately I am getting many lines saying:

Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 20

I fear that something is disabled by my provider which has to do with the IP-Address translation?

Can someone give me a hint what could be done (or deleted) to still use most of the functionality of this great contribution?I meanwhile 'tweaked'

function gethost($ip) (disabled code and just return again $ip).

The contribution now performs quite well without host names - I only get once in a while a fatal error below the cart column, when the googlebot is 'digging' my site.

Best regards and greetings from Germany

babba

anybody thought of implement this?

This has already been done in another contribution. Just search for "Whos Online" in the contributions.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Just take the code from the who's online with flags and merge it with this one. Wouldn't be hard....

Just curious, why do you need to display the country flags?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

i checked contrib.

flag icons

In total 247 different country flag icons (both GIF and PNG)

put them in "catalog/admin/images/flags" to get nice country flags in visitors.php

this is not for who's online enhancement .. it says into visitors.php!?

Today again - Fatal error shown below the shopping cart.

I just called the Who's Online contribution - and no one was online but I had again the following message in the shopping cart column:

Fatal error: Call to a member function show_total() on a non-object in /www/......../catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 800

Has anyone out there an idea what is going on? Any hint would be appreciated very much.

Regards

babba

Edited by babba

I have the same error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /.../catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 797

echo '<td valign="top">' . "\n";
  $box = new box;
  echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);
  echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1');
[b] 797---> [/b] echo '<div class="smalltext"><b>' . TEXT_SHOPPING_CART_SUBTOTAL . ' ' . $currencies->format($cart->show_total(), true, $currency) . '</b></div>';
  echo '</td>' . "\n";
?>

Any idea?

Just installed this contrib. It works fine.

Although, some visitors are diplayed as real customers, named Guests (in green), although they are surely bots. Their online time is 00:00:00. This includes Twiceler.

Any idea how to configure the code so that only REAL CUSTOMERS are diplayed as and counted us REAL CUSTOMERS?

Thanks,

Andybird

Edited by Andybird