• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

I have been using the original and then updated version of WO for a long time now, and never had any problems installing and using.

I just tried to install $Id: whos_online.php,v 2.00 2006/02/14 15:48:55 harley_vb Exp $

and all I get is a blank page. Netscape source shows no data whatsoever.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? My hosting service has error

reporting turned off which doesn't help matters, but I have checked for spaces at the end

of all the files which can be a common problem, so that isn't it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I noticed that after Register globals was turned off by my hosting service

I started having issues, which is why I am trying to upgrade - hoping this may cure some

of the issues.

Edited by AJRYAN

I have been using the original and then updated version of WO for a long time now, and never had any problems installing and using.

I just tried to install $Id: whos_online.php,v 2.00 2006/02/14 15:48:55 harley_vb Exp $

and all I get is a blank page. Netscape source shows no data whatsoever.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? My hosting service has error

reporting turned off which doesn't help matters, but I have checked for spaces at the end

of all the files which can be a common problem, so that isn't it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I noticed that after Register globals was turned off by my hosting service

I started having issues, which is why I am trying to upgrade - hoping this may cure some

of the issues.

UPDATE

I overlooked the header already sent in one of the files. It now seems to be working fine.

Can anyone tell me quickly how to change from the double spaced lines to single spaced lines? I sifted through all the code to find the relevant <tr> or <br> tags but could not discern which one(s) are affecting it.

I'm also having a little trouble shortening the width of the URL column - I'd like to be able to fit everything on the screen without having to scroll.

Thanks much.

Edited by AJRYAN

I just installed the contrabution and i am getting this error

1054 - Unknown column 'http_referer' in 'field list'

select customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent, session_id from whos_online order by time_last_click DESC

can someone tell me where I went wrong.

I just installed this contribution and getting same error as Scott.

Any ideas?

George

Have you updated the database by adding the http_referer row to the whos_online table?

Have you updated the database by adding the http_referer row to the whos_online table?

I added the file to the database that was included in the download if thats what you mean. I downloaded 2.0ec file, is there a diff one i'm to get?

George

Who's Online 3.2 - English Only - Full Package

Show me the next error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_ip_address() in /home/reparalo/domains/reparalotu.com/public_html/iadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1405

Why ?

Thanks,

Cordially.

Edgar

Who's Online 3.2 - English Only - Full Package

Show me the next error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_ip_address() in /home/reparalo/domains/reparalotu.com/public_html/iadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1405

Why ?

Thanks,

Cordially.

Edgar

You have the WOE defined in the general.php file. It is from a previous version. Just delete the WOE mod in general.php

After Installing the Who's Online 3.2 FULL PACKAGE

Can someone help me this error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in: \catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

0 -

Edited by fonkjam

I use the "Infobox Anywhere" contrib which allows me to put infoboxes on my html pages. Unfortunately, when somebody hits one of my html pages, WOE shows each of the infoboxes as being a customer from the IP of my server so I can have anywhere upto a 6 ghost customers. Is there a way of blocking an IP address from being listed on WOE?

Thanks

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in: \catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

0 -

Does anyone even care enough to reply to problems with the Who's Online 3.2 contribution? If I knew more I would.

Hi there,

Love the contribution. Am getting this error however...

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /var/www/vhosts/westernandwildlifewonders.com/httpdocs/shop/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 401

Here is the code around line 401

// Manual detection by Erick Cedano
$ec=0;
while($ec < count($bot_name)) {
 if (strstr(gethostbyaddr($whos_online['ip_address']),$bot_name[$ec])) {
    $ecbot = true;
 }     
$ec++;
}
   // End of Manual Detection

(the If statement is line 401)

Is it possible that when it doesn't recognize an ip it causes this error? Is there a way to have it return the result "Invalid IP" when it finds one of these?

I don't know PHP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason

Anyone ever had a problem with the whos_online.php admin page loading very very slowly? This happened briefly when I first installed the contribution several months ago but whet away after the first few runs.

That same issue showed back up last night and now every time I attempt to load the page, it takes 30-60 secs for the page to display in my browser. Once loaded, everything looks correct, no errors or anything.

I have already optimize the database but that didn't seem to help. Any input is appreciated.

Anyone ever had a problem with the whos_online.php admin page loading very very slowly? This happened briefly when I first installed the contribution several months ago but whet away after the first few runs.

That same issue showed back up last night and now every time I attempt to load the page, it takes 30-60 secs for the page to display in my browser. Once loaded, everything looks correct, no errors or anything.

I have already optimize the database but that didn't seem to help. Any input is appreciated.

I thought it was running slow every time but it's not. I just noticed that each time it is running slowly, there is a spider called "twiceler" on the site, which has been visiting a lot the past 2 days. Since twiceler is near the bottom of the spiders.txt file, does it take whos_online.php a long time to find it in the list and display the results?

0 -

Line 45 is somewhere in here (entire code just past line 45):

<?php
/*
$Id: database.php,v 1.23 2003/06/20 00:18:30 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
[url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {
global $$link;

if (USE_PCONNECT == 'true') {
$$link = mysql_pconnect($server, $username, $password);
} else {
$$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);
}

if ($$link) mysql_select_db($database);

return $$link;
}

function tep_db_close($link = 'db_link') {
global $$link;

return mysql_close($$link);
}

function tep_db_error($query, $errno, $error) { 
die('<font color="#000000"><b>' . $errno . ' - ' . $error . '<br><br>' . $query . '<br><br><small><font color="#ff0000">[TEP STOP]</font></small><br><br></b></font>');
}

function tep_db_query($query, $link = 'db_link') {
global $$link, $logger;

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && (STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS == 'true')) {
if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;
$logger->write($query, 'QUERY');
}

$result = mysql_query($query, $$link) or tep_db_error($query, mysql_errno(), mysql_error());

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && (STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS == 'true')) {
if (mysql_error()) $logger->write(mysql_error(), 'ERROR');
}

return $result;

I also have 2 Icon faults, meaning just the description of the icons show up with a small red x. They are: Active Bot With Session & Inactive Bot With Session.

Hi,

I've got a strange problem. I'm running the latest version off who's online on two identical sites on the same server. One of them seems to be displaying "/none" for most of the urls - whilst the other works fine.

I've been messing around with the code all morrning and got nowhere - any ideas?

Rob

I am hoping to get some input from those that understand the Who's Online Enhancement code. I am running V3.2 but I saw the same issue with V1.9. There is a specific bot that identifies itself as "Twiceler-0.9". Whenever this bot is part of the Online list (has visited within the past 15 minutes), whos_online.php takes approx 90 secs to load. Any other time the page loads normally.

Since they have been visiting a lot over the past couple of weeks, it's a real annoyance. I could take steps to ban them from the site, but I would rather understand why a specific user would cause the whos_online code to run so slowly. I do not see any evidence that the presence of this bot is causing the catalog side of the site to run slowly. Only admin/whos_online.php appears to be impacted.

Any input is appreciated.

I am hoping to get some input from those that understand the Who's Online Enhancement code. I am running V3.2 but I saw the same issue with V1.9. There is a specific bot that identifies itself as "Twiceler-0.9". Whenever this bot is part of the Online list (has visited within the past 15 minutes), whos_online.php takes approx 90 secs to load. Any other time the page loads normally.

Since they have been visiting a lot over the past couple of weeks, it's a real annoyance. I could take steps to ban them from the site, but I would rather understand why a specific user would cause the whos_online code to run so slowly. I do not see any evidence that the presence of this bot is causing the catalog side of the site to run slowly. Only admin/whos_online.php appears to be impacted.

Any input is appreciated.

Hi Keith,

I have exactly the same problem as you have, twiceler-0.9 is a terrible bot!

Also my site slows down completely when using whos_online...

If you find a clue please let us know.

Cheers,

Eric

I am also getting "Warning: gethostbyaddr(): Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /admin/whos_online.php on line 401

It doesn't always give the error. It cleared up after a few hours, so whomever was on that was apparently causing this must have left.

• 3 weeks later...
Still the same problem with this Contrib!

Can anybody fix that problem to show the Categories_name instead of only "Category"?

Okay, i fixed it with some code from a old post (MYC267 Aug 13 2005, 08:29 AM)

find in /catalog/admin/whos_online.php:

}elseif (strpos($temp_url_link,'cPath')) {
			$temp=str_replace('index.php?','',$temp_url_link);
			$temp=str_replace('?','',$temp);
	$temparr=split("\/",$temp);
	$cat=$temparr[2];

if (!$cat) { 
			$temp=str_replace('/','',$temp);
			$parameters=split("&",$temp);

$i=0;
while($i < count($parameters)) {
	$a=split("=",$parameters[$i]);
	if ($a[0]=="cPath") { $cat=$a[1]; }
	$i++;
   }
		}

$parameters=split("_",$cat);

$i=0;

and replace it with:

}elseif (strpos($temp_url_link,'?cPath=')) {
			$temp=str_replace('index.php?','',$temp_url_link);
			$temp=str_replace('?','',$temp);
			$parameters=split("&",$temp);
						$parameters=split("/",$temp);

$i=0;
while($i < count($parameters)) {
	$a=split("=",$parameters[$i]);
	if ($a[0]=="cPath") { $cat=$a[1]; }
	$i++;
   }

$parameters=split("_",$cat);

$i=0;

now the Categories are shown with name on the Who's Online page.

Hello,

I also get the error message :

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /var/www/vhosts/westernandwildlifewonders.com/httpdocs/shop/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 401

for some of the visitirs on the site.

Any way to go remedy this ?

dca

Hello,

I also get the following error for some of the visitors on the site :

Any remedy to this ?

dca