• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Mibble,

I've never used User Tracking. Who's Online just beefs up the stock who's online functionality from osC 2.2M2. I see it as a snapshot of who's online and what they are doing right now.

ed

ok, i know with user track i can click on a link which will show me every single click the customer has made, along with what is in the shopping cart, and it stores it for 24 hours, then dumps from the database. i have a client who wants that functinaligy, however if yours is pretty much similar may be the better way to go . . .

It's a great mod...but one thing - is there a way of having it so that you can see from the list of your surfers who has something in their cart? That would certainly be helpful for sad buggers like me who would rather not click on all the empty surfers :)

Sheepo

Martin,

That's a good idea.  I'll look into it.

ed

Hi medvid and Sheepish,

I've copied and pasted and editted some code yesterday and it does exactly what Sheepish just asked. It shows Carts and non Carts and Active and non Active, using red and green "lights". It also detects for each entry if it has a session assigned, if not it's probably a spider.

If you like it, I will mail you the code medvid, or maybe a screenshot first?

Yeah, but I would like to know why the guy with the cart didn't complete his order?  :P

But it would be nice if it would be added to the Who's Online Enhancement of course.

I personally think it should be a binding contract when someone puts something in your cart...that'll teach the buggers! ;)

Sheepo

Is the full cart thing released and working? If so I'll bathe the feet of the person that sends me the mod and the guy who wrote it! Us sad case stats watches need it badly! :)

:D

I was hoping Ed would like to update his version himself with this feature. If not, I might do it, the problem is that it's all so time consuming, and I need to finish some other things first. Hacking some code into your own shop is so much easyer and faster to do than creating a contrib out of it.

:D

I was hoping Ed would like to update his version himself with this feature. If not, I might do it, the problem is that it's all so time consuming, and I need to finish some other things first. Hacking some code into your own shop is so much easyer and faster to do than creating a contrib out of it.

Totally understandable. If the hack was easyish and you have the time I'm more than happy to play about with my own shop files ;)

Paul and others,

I just modified the 1.3 version for a shop and finally decided to release it as a contrib. The 1.5 version doesn't have to come from me. I probably won't be working on it until next week. If someone else pulls this code (and code Paul sent me) together for 1.5 before then, great! Otherwise, I'll do it. This is certainly making who's on-line more useful.

ed

I've lost 1.5 days of prime selling time after installing this. It seems the http_referer field keeps getting deleted from the who's online db, no matter how many times I add it back in. Everytime I think it's ok and leave the site alone, I come back to find an ugly error about the unknown field. What could possibly be causing this?

All,

I've modded my version of Who's Online 1.4 to include the red/green status lights. Kudos to Paul for collecting the code and sending it to me.

I changed the color code from what Paul provided. My version says:

GREEN Active + Cart!

Lt GREEN Active - no Cart

Lt RED Inactive + Cart

RED Inactive - no Cart

? No session

Anyone prefer it different? Prefer other colors? Yellow? Blue?

Paul sent me the code to incorporate the Country flags. Should this be part of 1.5? There used to be a limit on the contrib file size but that's not an issue if the moderators approve the larger file.

Let me know. I'll post 1.5 after I hear from people on these 2 questions.

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by medvid

All,

I've modded my version of Who's Online 1.4 to include the red/green status lights.  Kudos to Paul for collecting the code and sending it to me.

I changed the color code from what Paul provided.  My version says:

GREEN Active + Cart! 

Lt GREEN Active - no Cart

Lt RED Inactive + Cart 

RED Inactive - no Cart 

? No session 

Anyone prefer it different?  Prefer other colors?  Yellow? Blue?

Paul sent me the code to incorporate the Country flags.  Should this be part of 1.5?  There used to be a limit on the contrib file size but that's not an issue if the moderators approve the larger file.

Let me know.  I'll post 1.5 after I hear from people on these 2 questions.

Thanks,

Ed

Flags would be great, any color is fine by me, just let us get our hands on it!

Shane