• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Different but similar error when I attempt to return to admin :

Warning: main(includes/languages/4): failed to open stream: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 140

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/4' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 140

The language 4 is for my language (french)...

If I wait a certain time, the admin page will work again...

If I go to see who's online page, can work, but after a while, if I refresh by example, hop... Bug again...

I am beginning to wonder if your server that your on is not a bit dicky.

Have you tried running your shop with sessions stored to Mysql?

I am beginning to wonder if your server that your on is not a bit dicky.

Have you tried running your shop with sessions stored to Mysql?

Yes, I tried the 2 methods, using '' and 'mysql'...

When I change from 1 to another, it seems I can "repair" the problem... for a little time...

After, it happens again...

Example : Right now I had the problem and after that, can't obtain to open my admin page on my computer (But, strange, I can on another computer on the same ip network !!!)... I try and retry with the same error I wrote before...

I go by ftp, change configure.php (both ones) to put '' instead of 'mysql' and I can return to the admin page after that... !

But it's not the first time this strange stuffs occurs, and I know it will redo same thing again...

Yes, I tried the 2 methods, using '' and 'mysql'...

When I change from 1 to another, it seems I can "repair" the problem... for a little time...

After, it happens again...

Example : Right now I had the problem and after that, can't obtain to open my admin page on my computer (But, strange, I can on another computer on the same ip network !!!)... I try and retry with the same error I wrote before...

I go by ftp, change configure.php (both ones) to put '' instead of 'mysql' and I can return to the admin page after that... !

But it's not the first time this strange stuffs occurs, and I know it will redo same thing again...

Are you Internet Explorer IE 6.2?

If so try changing your browser cache settings to always Refresh (Every new page).

Also empty the cache (Temporary folder).

I too am having the problem where bots are not being recognized in my whos online list. they are showing up just like other customers. I have prevent spiders sessions set to true, my sessions both on the admin and catalog side are set to mysql and I have uploaded and merged the most recent spiders.txt file. Any ideas what might be the problem here?

I too am having the problem where bots are not being recognized in my whos online list.  they are showing up just like other customers.  I have prevent spiders sessions set to true, my sessions both on the admin and catalog side are set to mysql and I have uploaded and merged the most recent spiders.txt file.  Any ideas what might be the problem here?

Are any bots being recognised?

If not

I know this may sound basic but did you save the bot file as a plain text file and are you sure you uploaded the file to the correct directory and as an ASCII file.

John

No idea what the problem with line 639 is?

I'm sorry Rune.

I forgot about your question I seem to have gotten side tracked.

I don't have any real answer for you on this however, because all that line is supposed to do is just display the cart contents.

However one tip you could look at is the error seems to be saying that the item that the user has in their cart does not exist anymore.

Have you removed (deleted) any items from your catalog that any clients may have in their carts, or made items inactive?

Hope this helps a little. Ed may be the better one to pick this up if the above is not the answer.

John

Thanks for your reply John,

I started thinking about something after posting this question..

Can this be a conflict with rewritten url's (SEF), because the products is there - they're not deleted?

The url's in the shop is looking like this example:

catalog/product_info.php/cPath/116_47/products_id/462

If not

I know this may sound basic but did you save the bot file as a plain text file and are you sure you uploaded the file to the correct directory and as an ASCII file.

John

Its very wierd because when I had who's online version 1.5 the bots showed up, but when I upgraded to version 1.7, they didn't anymore.

None of them are, there is always an IP address listed or else it says unknown. My spiders.txt file is in my root/catalog/includes folder. Here is what the file looks like:

$Id: spiders.txt,v 1.2 2003/05/05 17:58:17 dgw_ Exp $
almaden.ibm.com
appie 1.1
architext
ask jeeves
asterias2.0
augurfind
baiduspider
bannana_bot
bdcindexer
crawler
crawler@fast
docomo
fast-webcrawler
fluffy the spider
frooglebot
geobot
googlebot
gulliver
henrythemiragorobot
ia_archiver
infoseek
kit_fireball
lachesis
lycos_spider
mantraagent
mercator
moget/1.0
muscatferret
nationaldirectory-webspider
naverrobot
ncsa beta
netresearchserver
ng/1.0
osis-project
polybot
pompos
scooter
seventwentyfour
sidewinder
sleek spider
slurp/si
[email protected]
steeler/1.3
szukacz
t-h-u-n-d-e-r-s-t-o-n-e
teoma
turnitinbot
ultraseek
vagabondo
voilabot
w3c_validator
zao/0
zyborg/1.0

Its very wierd because when I had who's online version 1.5 the bots showed up, but when I upgraded to version 1.7, they didn't anymore.

None of them are, there is always an IP address listed or else it says unknown.  My spiders.txt file is in my root/catalog/includes folder.  Here is what the file looks like:

Your spiders txt file is very old and needs updating.

Go to the contributions section and do a search for the spiders contribution.

It is possible that the spiders that are now being shown on your whos online are not in your spiders file for example you have no "msn" no "yahoo" and these are a couple of the common ones.

John

Can this be a conflict with rewritten url's (SEF), because the products is there - they're not deleted?

Rune

What is "(SEF)" ?

SEF = Search Engine Friendly, also named Search-Engine Safe, URLs

Is this the included one with osc, you set in the Store Configuration or some other contrib?

If it's the inbuilt one, set to True should be fine.

None of them are, there is always an IP address listed or else it says unknown.  My spiders.txt file is in my root/catalog/includes folder.  Here is what the file looks like:

Ashley,

If you are storing session data in files, check the session file path. In admin, go to Configuration->Sessions. What's the file path you have listedfor Sessions Directory? It needs to be an abolute (full) path. Like C:\..\..\sessions or \usr\YOU\public_html\sessions or whatever.

In WOE v1.5, you could just put the folder name. In v1.7, you need the full path.

ed

Patrice,

It's a shot in the dark but you've listed 2 different file paths in your various posts:

"Session Directory /home/virtual/onveut.com/var/www/html/tempo" and

"No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php"

If that's not a typo, maybe you need to check the configuration of the whole site.

ed

Rune,

I use Chemo's SEF URL contrib with no problems. I suggest you check your session configuration. If you wrote it a page or 2 back, sorry. But could you post your settings?

Configuration->Sessions->Session Directory

catalog AND admin configure.php Session Storage value

ed

Is this the included one with osc, you set in the Store Configuration or some other contrib?

If it's the inbuilt one, set to True should be fine.

There is some combination of default and a contrib., I don't remember which contrib it was - have to take a look at that.. :blush:

I use Chemo's SEF URL contrib with no problems. I suggest you check your session configuration. If you wrote it a page or 2 back, sorry. But could you post your settings?

Configuration->Sessions->Session Directory

catalog AND admin configure.php Session Storage value

I use db stored sessions:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Ashley,

If you are storing session data in files, check the session file path.  In admin, go to Configuration->Sessions.  What's the file path you have listedfor Sessions Directory?  It needs to be an abolute (full) path.  Like C:\..\..\sessions or \usr\YOU\public_html\sessions or whatever.

In WOE v1.5, you could just put the folder name.  In v1.7, you need the full path.

ed

Ed,

Thanks for the reply, I actually have them stored as mysql. Should I change it to files based?

Ashley

(ashleylr @ Aug 2 2005, 03:55 AM)

I too am having the problem where bots are not being recognized in my whos online list.  they are showing up just like other customers.  I have prevent spiders sessions set to true, my sessions both on the admin and catalog side are set to mysql and I have uploaded and merged the most recent spiders.txt file.  Any ideas what might be the problem here?

If not

John

Hello,

I also have the same problem with bots not being recognized. Absolutely the same case scenario as with ashley. And I just updated my spiders.txt, so it looks like this:

crawl
slurp
spider
ebot
obot
abot
dbot
hbot
kbot
mbot
nbot
pbot
rbot
sbot
tbot
ybot
accoona
appie
architext
aspseek
asterias
atlocal
atomz
augurfind
bannana_bot
boitho
booch
dmoz
docomo
falcon
findlinks
gazz
goforit
grub
gulliver
harvest
holmes
homer
ia_archiver
ichiro
iconsurf
iltrovatore
indexer
infoseek
ingrid
ivia
java/
jetbot
kit_fireball
knowledge
lachesis
larbin
libwww
linkwalker
lwp
mantraagent
mediapartners
mercator
miva
mj12
mnogo
moget/
multitext
muscatferret
myweb
nameprotect
ncsa beta
netmechanic
netresearchserver
ng/
npbot
nutch
objectssearch
omni
osis-project
pear.
pompos
poppelsdorf
rambler
scooter
scrubby
seeker
shopwiki
sidewinder
smartwit
sna-
sohu
spyder
steeler/
sygol
szukacz
t-h-u-n-d-e-r-s-t-o-n-e
/teoma
tutorgig
ultraseek
vagabondo
volcano
voyager/
w3c_validator
websitepulse
wget
worldlight
worm
zao/
xenu
zippp
zyborg
! spiders.txt Contribution version 2005-08-04

What can be wrong? :blink:

Thanks a lot,

Irina.

If not

John

Hello,

I also have the same problem with bots not being recognized. Absolutely the same case scenario as with ashley. And I just updated my spiders.txt, so it looks like this:

Thanks a lot,

Irina.

You too have the same problem as "ashleylr" you do not have even the most basic bots in your file. eg: yahoo and msn.

As mentioned befoire, you are supposed to merge the files not replace the file.

Hello,

Thanks a lot,

Irina.

You too have the same problem as "ashleylr" you do not have even the most basic bots in your file. eg: yahoo and msn.

Sorry, I don't very much understand in coding and making contributions. This is why I'm doing exactly as it saying, hoping this is a correct way. The 'Updated spiders.txt' (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2455) I got installed this morning said: "A replacement for catalog/includes/spiders.txt - updated with newly seen spiders and optimized for quicker processing." This is exactly what I did, replaced spiders.txt. Misunderstanding.

What file should I use instead of my spiders.txt? Please, don't be so cruel!!! :blush:

Do you think this is the only reason why my bots are not being recognized?

Thanks a lot,

Irina.

OK I integrated this into my shop.... took about 10 minutes.

ALL I can say is ABOUT TIME and well done for putting this together! I use the Whos Online quote a lot to see what's happening and I always wanted to make enhancements like this but never found the time. This is perfect... it has all I need.

This has to be one of the all time great mods... well done.

I will probably make some changes.... one thing I use is when a customer is logged in and they are what I classify a TRUSTED CUSTOMER (they have bought from me before), I display a little icon next to their name. Makes it easy to see customers and line up potential sales.

Dan

Patrice,

It's a shot in the dark but you've listed 2 different file paths in your various posts:

"Session Directory /home/virtual/onveut.com/var/www/html/tempo" and

"No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php"

If that's not a typo, maybe you need to check the configuration of the whole site.

ed

Perhaps you put the finger on something !

the path "/home/virtual/onveut.com/var/www/html" seems good as when I change it in configuration, it says it can't find the directory...

For other one : /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html , it's automatically indicatted... I've triec to change "/home/virtual/onveut.com/var/www/html by /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html , by example in cache configuration and, in tools menu, control of the cache, the directory is found...

But tons of problems anyway, like if I attempt to use SEO contribution :

Warning: fopen(http://www.google.com/search?as_q=cadeaux+personnalises&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php on line 44

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?as_q=cadeaux+...=images&start=0.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php on line 98

Warning: fopen(http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=web&x=op&ei=UTF-8&prev_vm=p&va=cadeaux+personnalises&va_vt=any&vp=&vp_vt=any&vo=&vo_vt=any&ve=&ve_vt=any&vd=all&vst=0&vs=&vf=all&vm=p&vc=&fl=0&n=100&b=1): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_yahoo_position.php on line 44

Unable to open remote file http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=w...&fl=0&n=100&b=1.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_yahoo_position.php on line 99

As I said on other thread, I become crazy !!!

Perhaps you put the finger on something !

the path "/home/virtual/onveut.com/var/www/html" seems good as when I change it in configuration, it says it can't find the directory...

For other one : /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html , it's automatically indicatted... I've triec to change "/home/virtual/onveut.com/var/www/html by /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html , by example in cache configuration and, in tools menu, control of the cache, the directory is found...

But tons of problems anyway, like if I attempt to use SEO contribution :

Warning: fopen(http://www.google.com/search?as_q=cadeaux+personnalises&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php on line 44

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?as_q=cadeaux+...=images&start=0.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php on line 98

Warning: fopen(http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=web&x=op&ei=UTF-8&prev_vm=p&va=cadeaux+personnalises&va_vt=any&vp=&vp_vt=any&vo=&vo_vt=any&ve=&ve_vt=any&vd=all&vst=0&vs=&vf=all&vm=p&vc=&fl=0&n=100&b=1): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_yahoo_position.php on line 44

Unable to open remote file http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=w...&fl=0&n=100&b=1.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site156/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/modules/seo_yahoo_position.php on line 99

As I said on other thread, I become crazy !!!

Patrice

You need to go back to your hosting provider and get these details checked.

The only question to ask I think is:

What is the correct Home path of your site?

Then you need to check your configure files in both catalog/includes/ and catalog/admin/includes/

and make sure all adds up.

Once that is done and confirmed and uploaded then you need to make sure your sessions and cache storage directories is set corrrectly in the admin section.

John

Sorry, I don't very much understand in coding and making contributions. This is why I'm doing exactly as it saying, hoping this is a correct way. The 'Updated spiders.txt' (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2455) I got installed this morning said: "A replacement for catalog/includes/spiders.txt - updated with newly seen spiders and optimized for quicker processing." This is exactly what I did, replaced spiders.txt. Misunderstanding.

What file should I use instead of my spiders.txt? Please, don't be so cruel!!! :blush:

Do you think this is the only reason why my bots are not being recognized?

Thanks a lot,

Irina.

Irina

Sorry, wasn't trying to be mean.

If you go back a page or two in this thread you will see I have posted a list that is in my spiders.txt file. Copy and paste this in your file and just check for duplications and remove any.

Personaly I do not understand why some of those contributors are saying it's a replacement file, maybe they don't know what they are talking about, I don't know.

At this point as far as if this is the only reason why your bots aren't being recognised I would say probably, yes. As google, yahoo and msn are the most common ones that really get around and my site is being crawed by them all the time. Essentially consistantly by at least one or two of them.

At least at this point, put the complete list in the spiders.txt file and see what happens. If that fixes the problem then we need go no further.

John

Edited by Gob