• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra pages-info box conflict.

FastEddy

I have installed the October 6 2004 version of Extra pages-info box.

With the Categories Box Bullet and Line Contribution installed I get the following errors. When the Categories Box Bullet and Line Contribution is removed the errors go away.

While using the of Extra pages-info box contribution I am getting an error **only on pages that I have added**. Pages that came included with the contribution work fine.

Here is a link to my site,

www.inksale.com

You will find the Extra Pages box on the lower right side. The Test link (Created after the Extra Pages was installed) will give you the error (s). The other link came Pre- Created and works properly.

Here are the lines referred to in the error.

Line 50: if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {

Line 57: if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {

I sent 3 e-mails to the Extra Pages author and got no response.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ed

Hey FastEddy,

I am not sure of the fix for this, but since it states it is in the second argument it would have to be dealing with the page id ($id). I know this contrib came with a bunch of predone pages did you delete them out? If so then try changing the page id (the number) for your test page in the database (using phpadmin) That might help as it might have a problem with the missing id's.

Just a thought

RavenWulf

I have installed the October 6 2004 version of Extra pages-info box.

With the Categories Box Bullet and Line Contribution installed I get the following errors. When the Categories Box Bullet and Line Contribution is removed the errors go away.

While using the of Extra pages-info box contribution I am getting an error **only on pages that I have added**. Pages that came included with the contribution work fine.

Here is a link to my site,

www.inksale.com

You will find the Extra Pages box on the lower right side. The Test link (Created after the Extra Pages was installed) will give you the error (s). The other link came Pre- Created and works properly.

Here are the lines referred to in the error.

Line 50:    if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {

Line 57:    if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {

I sent 3 e-mails to the Extra Pages author and got no response.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ed

I gave it a try but it didn't do the trick.

What I did was to re-run the SQL file. Doing this brought the contribution data back to stock.

What I did find is that none of the supplied pages work EXCEPT the front page. I am using it to drive my front page now, the other pages create the error.

Again when I remove the other contribution listed above, everything works fine.

Any other ideas?

These are my two most used contributions and I would love to have them get along.

-Ed

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Been busy with work.

Ok, when I added this contrib I ran the sql, and then went into phpadmin and deleted the records I did not want. (I wanted to just have my own pages as I have other contribes the other stuff). So that means my table "pages" was empty. I then added a page thru the admin area and set it up to be "internal". All worked well. In looking at my "pages" table My current page (the only one there) has an "pages_id" of 9. I "think" that your new pages should start at 9 and then continue.

Try it out, if it doesn't work holler at me and we'll look into it.

RW

I gave it a try but it didn't do the trick.

What I did was to re-run the SQL file. Doing this brought the contribution data back to stock.

What I did find is that none of the supplied pages work EXCEPT the front page. I am using it to drive my front page now, the other pages create the error.

Again when I remove the other contribution listed above, everything works fine.

Any other ideas?

These are my two most used contributions and I would love to have them get along.

-Ed

Douglas,

The contribution works fine and as advertised until the Categories Box Bullet and Line Contribution is installed. At this point the issues begin.

Have you tried to recreate the error by installing their version of categories.php ?

Again I do appreciate the time you are taking to help a non programing Sap like me.

Hmmm, Well I have that one installed also (or something like it..don't remember right now) but I also have the DHTML menu installed. The DHTML menu gets called first, and then if their browser can't/doesn't support it the regular menu comes up with the bullets, etc..

Are you just using one categories.php file? or are you "merging" them? I use beyond compare for my file merging and haven't had a problem yet (unless I caused it LOL).

It seems to me that it really shouldn't be causing this confict as the extra pages uses it's own box etc.. and the coding for bullets is confined to the categories box. (however without looking at codes for both I can't say for sure).

One other question, and I have no idea if this matters or not, but for my site I have the categories box on the left column and the extra pages box on the right, are yours in different columns or the same?

No worries, I have gotten so much help from these boards I love the chance to help others.

RW (Doug)

Douglas,

The contribution works fine and as advertised until the Categories Box Bullet and Line Contribution is installed. At this point the issues begin.

Have you tried to recreate the error by installing their version of categories.php ?

Again I do appreciate the time you are taking to help a non programing Sap like me.