• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Accepting credit cards-- advice?

jennyfeet

So I've used OSC to build three sites so far (http://www.sturialedesigns.com and http://ww.secolo20.com being two of them) but I've never hooked it up with credit card processing. I now have a third site to build and they need to take order payments using cards-- in your opinions, is it fairly easy to configure OSC to do this? What is the process exactly?

I think I understand that the client would have to have an account with a credit card processor, some of which are featured in the OSC Payment module...but, your feedback on this would be great-- I would love to know what the whole process is before I talk to my client.

Also-- would there be any advantage in using something like Yahoo Stores-- as far as I can tell, OSC performs the same functions, and also with YS the merchant has to create an account with a credit card processor (this function is not provided by YS, correct?)

Thanks for your input!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jenny feet,

The merchant account process is very hard to explain, if you wish you can call me at 951-767-3070 I am in the USA. California. Leave me a message if I don?t pick up right away ok. It is around the holidays and things are wild around here?=)

Anyway here is how it works,

Your client's website receives the transaction details from your cart. It is sent to a issuing bank, that verifies the transaction amount, and source, then.... after around somewhere between 24-48 hrs later, the money is deposited into the merchants bank account by the issuing bank....

This might give you more detailMy Webpage

Hi Jenny feet,

The merchant account process is very hard to explain, if you wish you can call me at 951-767-3070 I am in the USA. California. Leave me a message if I don?t pick up right away ok. It is around the holidays and things are wild around here?=)

Anyway here is how it works,

Your client's website receives the transaction details from your cart. It is sent to a issuing bank, that verifies the transaction amount, and source, then.... after around somewhere between 24-48 hrs later, the money is deposited into the merchants bank account by the issuing bank....

This might give you more detailMy Webpage

Hi Jenny, If your client already has a cc processing company you can use the cc verification under payment, it is listed as "Credit Card" . It will process the order and send you the cc number for your client to process manually on their own machine. I have found this useful for people that don't want to pay for an additional cc acct.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jenny,  If your client already has a cc processing company you can use the cc verification under payment, it is listed as "Credit Card" .  It will process the order and send you the cc number for your client to process manually on their own machine.  I have found this useful for people that don't want to pay for an additional cc acct.

Is this a safe way to do things?