• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Recieved but No Order

webiknight

I have problem when i order using the GeoTrust payment module.

I run through the order process and the purchase goes through GeoTrust and charges the credit card. The payment site redirects me back to the ../checkout_success.php page, but the order never makes it into the database and stays in the shopping cart.

Has anyone seen this before.

Thanks,

:blink:

I've seen this behaviour when using the SECPay payment gateway to process orders. 80% of the time everything works as it should and orders are placed in the database but about 15% of the time the customer details and delivery/billing address are lost and only the products ordered are logged. The remaining 5% of the time the orders are completely empty.

I don't have a solution to this but would really like anyone's thoughts on how best to sort it out.

Installing a contribution like held orders v2 might be a way around it but that means that every order will get logged in the database whether the customer gets to checkout_confirmation.php

You could just log in manually as the customer involved and remove the products from the shopping cart yourself. Use a master password - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2180. This is also useful for troubleshooting any aspect of a customers account.

I still haven't got to the bottom of why some orders are not completed successfully when using SECPay's (or any other) payment gateway. The "Checkout" button on the credit card payment page at SECPay is the only button that requires to be pressed by the customer before they are automatically redirected through checkout_process.php to checkout_success.php.

If anyone reading this has any ideas or further information relating to this problem please do reply to this post. I read somewhere that this problem is being resolved for MS3 release of osCommerce. How are the developers going about doing that?

• 4 months later...

I'm looking into this problem - as yet no solutions but i'm lead to beleive that it may be to do with the way the connection back from the payment gateway works.

If anyone finds out anything else about this please post information here