• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal not showing Orders ???

breedingexotics

common problem. They didn't finish the checkout. Install the "master password" from the KB, then login as your customer, check them out w/Money Order (so they don't have to pay again).

Best thing to prevent this is to install a PayPal IPN contrib.

-jared

common problem.  They didn't finish the checkout.  Install the "master password" from the KB, then login as your customer, check them out w/Money Order (so they don't have to pay again).

Best thing to prevent this is to install a PayPal IPN contrib.

install a PayPal IPN contrib ??

isnt that what it is ?? should i remove the other paypal one then or do they work together?

It's not obvious from your post if you are using to the default PayPal payment module or one of the contributions. Based on your comments 2 posts ago, I'm guessing that you've installed one of the contribs. The problem you described is common to those who have not installed one of those contribs, and gets asked here a LOT.

If you're having a problem with a certain area of code that is non-stock, it's very useful to make a note of that when describing problems.

It sounds like you can't check out no matter which payment method you choose, correct? This isn't just a PayPal problem?

-jared

It's not obvious from your post if you are using to the default PayPal payment module or one of the contributions.  Based on your comments 2 posts ago, I'm guessing that you've installed one of the contribs.  The problem you described is common to those who have not installed one of those contribs, and gets asked here a LOT. 

If you're having a problem with a certain area of code that is non-stock, it's very useful to make a note of that when describing problems.

It sounds like you can't check out no matter which payment method you choose, correct?  This isn't just a PayPal problem?

-jared

That is correct unable to check out with any payments ..... i didnt know what was causing my problem atcually i just relayed what was told to me when some one cashed out it was giving them problems soo.... i then did like you said with the master Password and found out that it wasnt letting it pass the CONFIRM ORDER PROCESS ....... but the funny thing is that i sat here a clicked CONFIRM ORDER under a Temp name and if finally went thought after a Number of trys which it shouldnt do. BTW i have only 1 mod installed it is the Gift voucher Mod if that helps any as well

it was working fine until the other day i got a payment and didnt know what it was even for so i wrote the sender to find out and they told about the problem..... i also keep getting charged for shipping on download items now ...

To your knowledge, did this ever work properly after installing the CCGV contribution?

-jared

If this is the same store from your other thread (and it looks like it is) and you're going to reinstall, don't worry about this problem unless it comes back after reinstallation.

-jared

I'm having the same problem with receiving PayPal payments and not knowing what was in the order. Sometimes, the code works and other times it doesn't. I've had four PayPal orders. 2 worked fine and 2 did not work. And it was an every otherh occurance. I'm using the standard PayPal code. Is the only way to fix this is to add the latest PayPal contribution?

Any comments on what to do would be appreciated. I don't really understand the master password thing. Can you explain further what to do?