• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

gift vouchers

protokop

i have installed the gift vouchers addon, everything works fine except for one thing.

I read somewhere that if u purchase a gift voucher it should skip the shipping page, and not add shipping, my cart however treats it as a normal order.

i have checked checkout_shipping.php and shopping_cart.php in the base catalogue dir. Both these have the exact code that they should.

can someone point me in the direction of where the gift certs are setup as virtual items so i can verify those files.

oh and btw... yes i have set them up as GIFT100 and the id, and yes they get added to the queue.

only thing i can see is that would cause this is that i accidentally installed version b instead of c, its very hard trying to upgrade it as there is so much with this addon. thats why i just want to know where i should start looking.

any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

That's quite a point.

I have had this contrib installed for months (and it's in operation). Never thought about adding shipping to GV.

Another scenario to consider is someone buying items and a GV or GV's??

What should happen then?

I shall nosey around the code.

madpad

so are you saying the fact that it adds shipping is normal?

i thought i read in another thread that it was supposed to skip the delivery/shipping page

can someone verify for me, and help me out with the above problem

if it doesn't then it needs like a...

if (virtual item != 0 && real item == 0)

then skip the whole shipping and delivery address page

go straight to payment

else

do as normal (well in my case cos i use flat rate shipping)

Edited by protokop

I have the same problem, but we just manually remove the shipping charge from the order.

If you have weights set up for all of the items, you can have the GV have a weight of zero, and therefore not charge shipping for it.

-jared