• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.Net Consolidated 1.7 question

I am using Authorized.net consolidated 1.7 w/ curl fix

I recieved an email from authorize.net today and would like to make sure that authorize.net will continue to work after this change takes place.

Here is some of that email:

You were recently notified that the security setting, Password-Required Mode, was enabled for your payment gateway account on November 22, 2004. This security enhancement did not occur on November 22, 2004 as previously communicated. However, Password-Required Mode will be set for your payment gateway account on December 3, 2004. Your actual Authorize.Net password will not be affected by this change.

Authorize.Net's top priority this holiday season is to do everything we can to protect and strengthen your payment gateway accounts from fraudulent transaction activity so you can focus on legitimate sales. Password authentication, (or equivalent authentication value, i.e., transaction key or fingerprint) is critical to verifying that transactions are indeed coming directly from you, and provides you with secure access to the Merchant Interface.

Our records indicate that you submit your account password (or equivalent authentication value, i.e., transaction key or fingerprint) with transactions. However, the associated payment gateway security setting, Password-Required Mode, is not currently enabled for your account. Password-Required Mode tells the payment gateway to accept only transactions that include your password (or equivalent authentication value, i.e., transaction key or fingerprint) and helps to protect your account from unauthorized transactions. Password-Required Mode should always be enabled.

Please be sure to verify with your Web developer prior to December 3, 2004 that your account password (or equivalent authentication value, i.e., transaction key or fingerprint) is being successfully submitted with each transaction. Once Password-Required Mode is enabled for your account, failure to submit a password (or equivalent authentication value, i.e., transaction key or fingerprint) with each transaction from your Web site may disrupt transaction processing.

Thank you

Michael Schlottfeld

you can make sure in your authorizenet settings on the authorizenet site that it is set as they ask. there is a transaction key which you generate on authorizenet and then put into the authorizenet module in the payment section.