• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Autologon

100asa

Dear All,

I tried to install autologon 1.08 last night and I thought it all went well with the code insertions, ive checked them 3 times now but when I go to my main page I revieve this error printed across the top of my screen:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\filenames.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\filenames.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line

I've looked in these files and can't see anything wrong, also if I turn the autologon system off in admin I get the following arror on the same page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\filenames.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\filenames.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\filenames.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 517

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\filenames.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\Osc\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 518

Does anyone know what i have done wrong, or maybe I have missed something. The only other contribution I have installed is Simple Template System Plus.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Coates

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

After installing the contribution, I've discovered that there IS a serious problem when using it. Basically if it is enabled, all META will became invisible to SE. It was already mentioned in this thread.

You can test your site with Meta Tag Analyzer

If you set the autologon to true, meta tag information become invisible. The problem is with this file: includes/modules/autologon.php but that's about as far as I get ATM. I believe it is redirection problem but not sure what part has to be changed - perhaps somebody managed to get this working already. I'm only aware that this problem has been mentioned in quite a few threads already but nobody managed to update the contribution or post a solution. So if anybody knows how to fix it, please post it here or update in the contribution section.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hello,

After installing the contribution, I've discovered that there IS a serious problem when using it. Basically if it is enabled, all META will became invisible to SE. It was already mentioned in this thread.

You can test your site with Meta Tag Analyzer

If you set the autologon to true, meta tag information become invisible. The problem is with this file: includes/modules/autologon.php but that's about as far as I get ATM. I believe it is redirection problem but not sure what part has to be changed - perhaps somebody managed to get this working already. I'm only aware that this problem has been mentioned in quite a few threads already but nobody managed to update the contribution or post a solution. So if anybody knows how to fix it, please post it here or update in the contribution section.

I beg to differ.

I have autologin, set to true and additionally have the check box for the user's checked by default.

I get the following results

Meta tags analysis.

Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.

This tag contains 54 characters.

Title relevancy to page content is excellent.

The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.

This tag contains 149 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is fair.

The Description relevancy to page content is 80%.

Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.

This tag contains 17 keywords and 249 characters.

Keyword relevancy to page content is fair.

The keywords relevancy to page content is 76%.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Which one have you installed?

Autologon

or

Autologin secure

I can't be just me, the bug has been reported so many times on various places. Perhaps you've changed something in your setting? Or it might be happening in combination with other contribution.... do you force cookies?

Also, after commenting this bit oc code out, META are visible again:

/*
 if($autologon_executed != 'true'){
$autologon_page = '<html><head><meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;URL=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '"></head><body></body></html>';
$autologon_link = ((getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://') . $SERVER_NAME . $REQUEST_URI . (strpos($REQUEST_URI, "?") ? '&' : '?') . SID;
$autologon_executed = 'true';
if(!tep_session_is_registered('autologon_link'))
	tep_session_register('autologon_link');
if(!tep_session_is_registered('autologon_executed'))
tep_session_register('autologon_executed');
tep_session_close();
exit($autologon_page);
 }
*/

I'm not quite sure what is that piece of code for, also not 100% sure that it all will function properly.

I use

## Autologin Secure 2.01

And yes, I force cookies

Which one have you installed?

Autologon

or

Autologin secure

I can't be just me, the bug has been reported so many times on various places. Perhaps you've changed something in your setting? Or it might be happening in combination with other contribution.... do you force cookies?

Also, after commenting this bit oc code out, META are visible again:

/*
 if($autologon_executed != 'true'){
$autologon_page = '<html><head><meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;URL=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '"></head><body></body></html>';
$autologon_link = ((getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://') . $SERVER_NAME . $REQUEST_URI . (strpos($REQUEST_URI, "?") ? '&' : '?') . SID;
$autologon_executed = 'true';
if(!tep_session_is_registered('autologon_link'))
	tep_session_register('autologon_link');
if(!tep_session_is_registered('autologon_executed'))
tep_session_register('autologon_executed');
tep_session_close();
exit($autologon_page);
 }
*/

I'm not quite sure what is that piece of code for, also not 100% sure that it all will function properly.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Thank you for your reply. That explains why you're not having problems with bots when enabled! ;) I decided to use Autologin Secure as well but can't manage to change cookie expiration - I still see expiry 30th March 2006 - any ideas please? I've been discussing some problems with Amanda in this thread. There is also my solution to possible ssl problems - for others.

• 1 month later...
ok... SSL disabled. I think. To disable SSL you do that in configure.php? Is that right?

Is it working?? It looks like it is. I think.

Shayne

As far as I am concerned, this contrib does not work.

Do not disable ssl.

As far as I am concerned, this contrib does not work.

Do not disable ssl.

I was having way to many problems with this contrib so I've removed it.

I agree... this contrib doesn't work.

I was having way to many problems with this contrib so I've removed it.

I agree... this contrib doesn't work.

Has anyone tried using Joomla as a front end, along with it's user database? There is a joomla-oscommerce bridge that I am thinking of trying out. This has a working user database, remembers users, works with ssl, and it gives you an easily customizable front end Content Management system for your siteowner to work with.

The bridge download says this: osCommerce Bridge hooks Joomla to osCommerce 2. 2ms2 where osC can run in a wrapper and share a unified login with Joomla. osCommerce Bridge uses the osC registration process and hooks to the Joomla users files to support the accoutn creation. Once an account is created the user logs in through the standard Joomla login (mod_login) and is authenticated for the osC store.

here's a link to joomla

http://www.joomla.org/

here's the osC bridge:

http://developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/view...erce_bridge/frs

here's a link to joomla-coppermine and joomla-phpbb bridges

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/