• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypals new credit card acceptance

sargenle

I was just reading on Paypal that now you can process credit cards without having to have the customer signup for a paypal account.

Well I was not sure if the default OSC paypal method worked with the new system so I tried it and it asked for your account information or to create an account.

So I guess it does not work.

Has there been a Paypal payment module created that works with this new system that Paypal has devised.

I would like to take advantage of that.

Lee

According to the following, it has to be enabled on your PayPal profile through the PayPal Optional feature:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...swer_id=4817873

Hello - hpdl -

First off - I am completely aware of the PayPal link you mention and the parameter option in the Business/Premium Account profile - as I suspect is sargenle but I still wonder if the osC payment module will display the new (well, it's about a year old now) PayPal checkout flow.

I raised this a while back and an osC forum member tested it and found that the old forced PayPal login/create checkout was being displayed.

Regards

Matthew

I have shut PayPal off on my store until I can get this cleared up. It seems if the customer uses a PayPal account (or creates one) the process works fine but if they just give their credit card with no signup PayPal process the card and sends an email but the customer is dumped back into osC as not logged in with all order info lost. :( I too am in search of a cure for this illness.

I'm trying to do the same thing. the default method in osc does not support it.

This feature of PayPal only works with PayPals BuyNow, Shopping Cart and

Donations buttons. There is a contribution available that will convert the osc

shopping cart to PayPal's shopping cart, but I don't have any idea how to install

contributions to test it. I requested some help before but never received a

response. If anyone has information or can direct me to the correct forum threads

on the PayPal Shopping Cart and MultiGeoZones Shipping contributions with

installation instructions I will give you a big fat juicy kiss :-" :blush:

Good thinking. :thumbsup:

it works fine like the normal paypal feature

when you checkout a customer wil click paypal, i edited my file be called 'paypal/credit card" so they know its used for both:

they click it and when they are sent to paypal (like normal)

it has two options; there is a button that says "i do not have a paypal account" and the paypal login boxes (name/pass)

if they want to use credit card, they click the i dont have paypal account and it takes them to a form that they fill out with their CC info:

if the card is infact tied to paypal it forces them to log in and use it that way, if not, you can just put in the info and your done.

here are some issues:

1 - if they "put in a different shipping address then the true billing" it shows up as uncomfirmed and your not eligable for protection..

2 - after they pay, paypal says transaction done , or payment complete.. well there is a little link they must click that says "return to merchant" if you dont click tha tbutton, you dont get the "order".. only payment.

other then that, its bout it.. pretty simple~

I love you guys :blush: I'm gonna give it a try. First I have to do EVERYTHING all over again. While installing the PayPal IPN thing, following all instructions, it screwed up my entire osc account, I couldn't get back into anthing after editing a particular file according to instructions. Couldnt even get to the backup file, so I wind up deleting the whole thing :(

• 4 weeks later...
it works fine like the normal paypal feature

2 - after they pay, paypal says transaction done , or payment complete.. well there is a little link they must click that says "return to merchant" if you dont click tha tbutton, you dont get the "order".. only payment.

other then that, its bout it.. pretty simple~

Even if the "return to merchant" button is clicked, PayPal seems to only transfer the order info back to osC if the customer used their PayPal account. If the customer chooses to just enter their CC info without setting up/using a PayPal account, then the order does not get recorded in osC even though the payment is processed by PayPal. The customer is merely dumped back into osC where they are considered a new visitor and must even log in again.

This does not happen if the customer uses their PayPal account or sets up an account during the transaction. If they setup an account, when they return to osC via PayPal their login info is retained and all their order is recorded.

Is no on else having this issue?

Even if the "return to merchant" button is clicked, PayPal seems to only transfer the order info back to osC if the customer used their PayPal account. If the customer chooses to just enter their CC info without setting up/using a PayPal account, then the order does not get recorded in osC even though the payment is processed by PayPal. The customer is merely dumped back into osC where they are considered a new visitor and must even log in again.

This does not happen if the customer uses their PayPal account or sets up an account during the transaction. If they setup an account, when they return to osC via PayPal their login info is retained and all their order is recorded.

Is no on else having this issue?

I have this issue and would like to get it sorted as it wakes paypal worth using as a payment gate way for all customers not just customers who happen 2 have a ppal account.

when you checkout a customer wil click paypal, i edited my file be called 'paypal/credit card" so they know its used for both:

I too would love to know how to edit this.

Any config tips please ?

Thanks so much,

Matt

The Media Centre Experts

Sydney - Australia

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason (and I may be the exception), whenever someone uses PayPal as a CC option, their order comes through, but the payment does not. So I'm wondering if you have actually have to have PayPal as a payment gateway in order to use this. I have another CC payment that I use, so I don't want to use another gateway.