• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download Controller

PMJ7671

I have installed the Download Contoller 5.3 Contribution and everything appears to be functioning for the most part. However, when I add a new product I am receiving a Warning, No File Uploaded.

As such, I am not able to download a product when purchased. I think it may have something to do with my file structure. My download file is loacted at:

Catalog/Download

I have read through all of the forum threads on the download contribution but have not found this issue discussed.

Any ideas would be apprciated. Thanks.

The error u said about appears when u have not added a picture to be used. Have you selected a picture, and does it display??

I have installed the Download Contoller 5.3 Contribution and everything appears to be functioning for the most part.  However, when I add a new product I am receiving a Warning, No File Uploaded.

As such, I am not able to download a product when purchased.  I think it may have something to do with my file structure.  My download file is loacted at:

Catalog/Download

I have read through all of the forum threads on the download contribution but have not found this issue discussed.

I have installed the Download Contoller 5.3 Contribution and everything appears to be functioning for the most part.  However, when I add a new product I am receiving a Warning, No File Uploaded.

As such, I am not able to download a product when purchased.  I think it may have something to do with my file structure.  My download file is loacted at:

Catalog/Download

I am selling research reports and have turned off product images. Does the Download Controller rely on product images to function?

Thanks.

no it doesnt, even though u turned off images, it is a default item to be displayed when creating/modifying products.

explain step by step what you did for setting up a downloadable product

Edited by Mibble

I am selling research reports and have turned off product images.  Does the Download Controller rely on product images to function?

Thanks.

A fresh install of OSC 2.2 ms2.

Installed controller 5.3

I added a new download controller status via download-contoller.sql file.

I added a new order status call Updated and set its Status Value to 4.

In Admin I added these line of code just above the last PHP closing mark in /admin/includes/functions/general.php -

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

In Catalog I added these line of code just above the last PHP closing mark in /catalog/includes/functions/general.php -

Here are my download controller settings:

Enable download true

Download by redirect true

Expiry delay (days) 7

Maximum number of downloads 5

Downloads Controller Update Status Value 4

Downloads Controller Download on hold message <BR><font color="FF0000">NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed</font>

Downloads Controller Order Status Value 2

I had one error that required me to reinstall a file to fix.

Installed Free Shipping Module (That works)

Installed Free Payments (That works)

Validated that the new controller status is present in the sql database and that it is set to 4

Entered new product

Attributes show product and download configuration. I add download PDF file to test product

Put download file PDF in download folder

Testing with credit card payment or money order does not result in download button

This is the same result I got from using original osc download feature.

I went back and followed Kylie's step by step posting here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39902&st=40

What have I missed?

Thank you for you support.

A fresh install of OSC 2.2 ms2.

Installed controller 5.3

I added a new download controller status via download-contoller.sql file.

I added a new order status call Updated and set its Status Value to 4.

In Admin I added these line of code just above the last PHP closing mark in /admin/includes/functions/general.php -

In Catalog I added these line of code just above the last PHP closing mark in /catalog/includes/functions/general.php -

Here are my download controller settings:

Enable download  true   

Download by redirect  true

Expiry delay (days)  7 

Maximum number of downloads  5 

Downloads Controller Update Status Value  4 

Downloads Controller Download on hold message  <BR><font color="FF0000">NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed</font> 

Downloads Controller Order Status Value 2

I had one error that required me to reinstall a file to fix.

Installed Free Shipping Module (That works)

Installed Free Payments (That works)

Validated that the new controller status is present in the sql database and that it is set to 4

Entered new product

Attributes show product and download configuration.  I add download PDF file to test product

Put download file PDF in download folder

Testing with credit card payment or money order does not result in download button

This is the same result I got from using original osc download feature.

I went back and followed Kylie's step by step posting here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39902&st=40

What have I missed?

Thank you for you support.

I have got the download controller working.

I added a directory (catalogdownload) in the site's root directory. That seems to have resolved my issue. I hope it helps others!

Thanks John.