• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wish List v2.3 from Product Attributes - Option Ty

sebi

As far as I can tell no, I have option type text fields and wishlist does not import, neither does it import attributes that I have seen, lol you question though did prompt me to check and I will maybe have to sort I think somehow.

Hey Joker,

Not sure I understand you when you said :neither does it import attributes that I have seen". The wishlist I have does show the product as well as listing it's attributes, the only thing is you can only have 1 of each product, if you have 2 of the same product, but different attributes then the 2nd one replaces the 1st.

I am getting ready to install option type, and I'll see what happens. :)

RW

As far as I can tell no, I have option type text fields and wishlist does not import, neither does it import attributes that I have seen, lol you question though did prompt me to check and I will maybe have to sort I think somehow.

• 4 years later...

I downloaded the MySQL ODBC 5.1 driver (appears in the administrative tools in control panel in vista under Data Sources post-install). After setting up the connection info, I used it to link the OS Commerce tables to Microsoft Access. It was very easy to import all of my products without attributes into OS Commerce. After copying the products table from Access into excel, I used vlookup to assign the OSCommerce-assigned product_id to my model number. I did the same for the options_id from the products_options table (i.e., size) and option_values_id from the products_options_values table (i.e., 12" x 24"). Once that was done, I create a column for the price prefix and the price value. The final spreadsheet layout looked like this:

product_attributes_id products_id options_id options_values_id options_values_price price_prefix PRICE_SORT

1234 1 2 25 - -25

Once the spreadsheet was in this format, I used the price_sort field to sort the prices (i chose low to high so the the prices appeared from lowest to highest). After that, I simply copied all columns except price_sort directly into the the linked products_attributes table in MS Access and presto, all done! The product_attributes_id field is automatically populated when you paste the data, so there isn't a need to populate it with values. NOTE: Before you paste, make sure that you enter + as the price_prefix and 0 as the options_values_price if your option price is zero. If you make a mistake, you can simply delete the contents of the products_attributes table and try again!