Sign in to follow this  
edpierre

Problem with e Products Extra Field

Hi all,

Products Extra Field V2.0a is installed and I can create the new fields I want.

1) But, they don't show up in product page. Can someone help?

2) I want the empty fields to not displayed. Where to control this functionnality?

3) I'd prefer these new fields after the description. How can I make this change?

Regards,

E. Pierre

Nobody that has an idea ?

Really ?

Hi all,

Products Extra Field V2.0a is installed and I can create the new fields I want.

1) But, they don't show up in product page. Can someone help?

2) I want the empty fields to not displayed. Where to control this functionnality?

3) I'd prefer these new fields after the description. How can I make this change?

Regards,

E. Pierre

Nobody that has an idea ?

Really ?

I have the same problem here, the products extra fields is suppose to work better with aca (advance categories admin). I installed that contribution and I get an error. And theres no one to give help for those contrib, been searching in those forum for 4 days. I notice your post was done 2 weeks ago, did you succed?

Here are some answers:

- Empty fields are not displayed in the product info.

- If fields are not empty but do not show up, check if they are saved in the database, it can be a problem in the admin installation.

- If you use the friendly URL option, take version 2.0b

- To have the extra fields showing somewhere else in the product info page, take the code added by extra fields contribution and put it after the "product_description" instead of before.

- If you use ACA and have an error with the a line like "register ... category_description.php", just comment the line and read the install instruction to register the Product Extra Fields module inside categories.php

I wasn't having the new fields show up on my product info page either. I finally figured it out and wanted to post a note incase somebody else has the same issue.

I am using STS for my product_info page so there is no $command setup to put in the new field information, so of course the new field wouldn't show up. I stopped using the product_info.php.hml and the field was showing up just fine.

Hope this helps somebody else.

I have successfully installed Products Extra Fields 2.0e, and I love it! :D

I do have a problem though.

For example, I tried adding "It's a Small World" to a field. In Preview, everything looks correct; however, when I try to update, I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's a Small World' WHERE products_id = 1045 AND products_extra_fields_id = 3' at line 1

UPDATE products_to_products_extra_fields SET products_extra_fields_value = 'It's a Small World' WHERE products_id = 1045 AND products_extra_fields_id = 3

It apparently doesn't like the apostrophe in It's.

How can I fix this?

Best Regards, Ted

:( Is this thread still going?

I have temporarily solved the above problem by simply adding a backslash (\) to any apostrophe (').

New Problem: :P

When I try to copy or duplicate an item, the Extra Fields to not copy over to the new item. Why? :huh:

Please answer if you can.

Best Regards, Ted