• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Certificate causing shipping prices to change

jonathn

I'm having a problem with gift certificates.

Seems if i have a blended order of items, i.e. a physical product, and a virtual product, i.e. a gift certificate, it changes my values in the shipping.

I don't understand why something that weighs 0 still gets charged for shipping.

If I make an order with just the Gift Certificate, it by-passes the shipping altogether. No Problem there!

If that person were to order one physical item.... it calculates the shipping cost correctly on that physical item. No Problem there.

But if I add a gift certificate to an order that has a physical item, the price in the shipping changes. It's not a big change... it's like 1$ or less.

I tried modifying the individual shipping modules I'm using so

far, i.e. CanadaPost and Fedex1.

When I go into debug mode... it shows only the physical items being

sent to CanadaPost and Fexdex, yet the shipping price still changes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Jonathn,

I don't know if this will do the trick or not, but do you have downloads enabled set to true in your admin area?

RW

I'm having a problem with gift certificates.

Seems if i have a blended order of items, i.e. a physical product, and a virtual product, i.e. a gift certificate, it changes my values in the shipping.

I don't understand why something that weighs 0 still gets charged for shipping.

If I make an order with just the Gift Certificate, it by-passes the shipping altogether. No Problem there!

If that person were to order one physical item.... it calculates the shipping cost correctly on that physical item. No Problem there.

But if I add a gift certificate to an order that has a physical item, the price in the shipping changes. It's not a big change... it's like 1$ or less.

I tried modifying the individual shipping modules I'm using so

far, i.e. CanadaPost and Fedex1.

When I go into debug mode... it shows only the physical items being

sent to CanadaPost and Fexdex, yet the shipping price still changes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Jonathn,

I don't know if this will do the trick or not, but do you have downloads enabled set to true in your admin area?

RW

I've double checked it and yes... downloads are enabled.

What I found cute tho was this problem would disappear if I would select a gift certificate valued at 25$ or less...

If I ordered multiple quantities of the 25$ voucher or let's say I bought a $100 voucher, then the shipping costs would change.

I have the latest versions of CanadaPost and Fedex.

It effects both modules.

I suspect it has something possibly to do with insurance, tho I have insurance on both turn off.

thanks for the reply!

Edited by jonathn