• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpbb 2.08 MOD installation problem

bobbie

I installed a clear OSC ms2 then tried to install the phpBB 2.08 MOD.

I met the following problems:

1. If I install the admin access MOD first and then install the phpBB MOD, when I tried to connect to http://localhost/catalog/admin/bb_default.php. Access denied. I was redirected to the admin login page. After login , I still couldn't access the phpBB admin page.

2. If I install phpBB MOD on a clear OSC without admin access control, it works. I can configure phpBB with bb_default.php page. When I login on the OSC main page and link to the forum, it shows that a forum user is created using the current user's english name. But when I tried to open some forums or add some new posts, it shows anonymous login :blink: :blink:

What's more, It seems that it didn't create a real phpBB admin accout.

3. Another thing makes me quite confusing is that in the phpBB MOD installation file, I was told that " language directory names should be the same as OSC ". I don't know how to do it. Now in my OSC, language directories are called "english", while in the phpBB, it's "lang_english".

Please help me . Thanks a lot

I installed a clear OSC ms2 then tried to install the phpBB 2.08 MOD.

I met the following problems:

1. If I install the admin access MOD first and then install the phpBB MOD, when I tried to connect to http://localhost/catalog/admin/bb_default.php. Access denied. I was redirected to the admin login page. After login , I still couldn't access the phpBB admin page.

2. If I install phpBB MOD on a clear OSC without admin access control, it works. I can configure phpBB with bb_default.php page. When I login on the OSC main page and link to the forum, it shows that a forum user is created using the current user's english name. But when I tried to open some forums or add some new posts, it shows anonymous login :blink:  :blink:

What's more, It seems that it didn't create a real phpBB admin accout.

3. Another thing makes me quite confusing is that in the phpBB MOD installation file, I was told that " language directory names should be the same as OSC ". I don't know how to do it. Now in my OSC, language directories are called "english", while in the phpBB, it's "lang_english".

Please help me . Thanks a lot

:P :P :P :P up up

I don't know where you heard that from and I don't know if it's true, but I just installed the PHPbb Mod and it works fine now. I think you're thinking too much into the install. Follow the directions CAREFULLY!!! The only real problem that I had was not being able to create an account after I installed PHPbb. I found the answer to that somewhere in this forum. It told me to // to comment out a certain line in the account_edit.php, acount_create.php, and login.php. If I find it again I will let you konw.

I followed the install steps carefully and checked each file. I re-installed it serveral times but met the same problem.

One thing confuses me : the OSC language directory name is "english" while in phpBB it is called "lang_english". Accroding to the install guide,they must be same. Could this be the reason of problem? :rolleyes: I don't know how to modify it. Pls. kindly help

I followed the install steps carefully and checked each file. I re-installed it serveral times but met the same problem.

One thing confuses me : the OSC language directory name is "english" while in phpBB it is called "lang_english". Accroding to the install guide,they must be same. Could this be the reason of problem?  :rolleyes: I don't know how to modify it. Pls. kindly help

They must be the same as in English for English, and Spanish for Spanish. As in do not have a English OSC and a Spanish PHPbb install. It never said it had to be the same nameing convention.

They must be the same as in English for English, and Spanish for Spanish.  As in do not have a English OSC and a Spanish PHPbb install.  It never said it had to be the same nameing convention.

But in the installation guide , it says:

NOTE: Language files folders name must be the same used by oscommerce.

ex: should be includes\modules\phpbb2\language\lang_portugues (NOT lang_portuguese) :'( :'( :'(

But in the installation guide , it says:

NOTE: Language files folders name must be the same used by oscommerce.

ex: should be includes\modules\phpbb2\language\lang_portugues (NOT lang_portuguese)  :'(  :'(  :'(

why don.t you try it both ways. just change the name of the file. but i don't think this is really have anything with the login. it probably has something to do with create_account.php. make backup as always and you will be fine no matter what.

• 3 weeks later...

hmm .. what about updating phpbb since last hacks .. at phpbb they advice to upgrade to 2.11 or whatever number .. any idea?

maybe programers that made this contribution can answer?

thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I just got a nasty gram from my host that I need to upgrade my php to the newest release.

Does anyone know how I can do this????

since this was integrated into osc several things are different and I really don't know where to begin.

Please any help???

I have got to fix this fast or I don't know what my host will do.

RW

hmm .. what about updating phpbb since last hacks .. at phpbb they advice to upgrade to 2.11 or whatever number .. any idea?

maybe programers that made this contribution can answer?

thanx