• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osPlayer v2

man-machine

I have the same problem. Admin and catlog interface both show player with correct listings. Both have no sound. Has anyone got a fix for this issue please? :(

Forgot to mention, running 2.2-MS2 and have tried both the advanced install for this mod and the easy install on a clean install of osCommerce. Running it on a Linux server installed with PHP Version 4.4.2 if that sheds any light on the issue.

I don't understand why some people have no issues installing this contrib :( doe s that mean its a server configuration issue?

Got a big problem... (osplayer_v2.1_for_oscommerc)

In admin under mp3manager the player is shown and when i upload a file into to data/mp3 folder by ftp the mp3 is shown in the player in mp3manager and i can play it.

But when I use the "create folder" button nothing happens, its like the page refresh but there is no error msg or anything - also no folder is created.

(i used the advanced installation - edited all files - cause i also use the new_field_everywhere_1 contrubution)

(i also changed the files that they work with Register_Globals OFF)

I checked the files again and again but i cant find the mistake - any hints what could be wrong?

Now with "Register_Globals On" it works nearly perfect, the only thing that doesn't works is the upload of mp3s by the mp3 manager.

When i choose a file and click the "upload" button the browser loads a bit, refresh and then nothing happens - no file is added, no file is shown :blink:

Any hints?

Another importend thing for me:

How to show the player all the time in the right column?

Now with "Register_Globals On" it works nearly perfect, the only thing that doesn't works is the upload of mp3s by the mp3 manager.

When i choose a file and click the "upload" button the browser loads a bit, refresh and then nothing happens - no file is added, no file is shown :blink:

Any hints?

Another importend thing for me:

How to show the player all the time in the right column?

Hi floppy...

Need your urgent help! You say you set it up with Register_Globals Off - How? I need to get this working on my site, but I need to keep Register_Globals off. I have the same error. No info is written to the SQL database products_mp3, and the mp3manager.php page just refreshes with no error and no info carried accross from the product page. Help! If you could send me info re the register_globals issue and perhaps a copy of your mp3manager.php code would be most grateful - or any help!!! Anyone???

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an opportunity to buy a share of a filehosting server and would greatly like to load all the mp3 clips to this server and play them on the server where the site is hosted. This snew server is just for hosting files and is capable of handling large loads and lots of bandwidth. The site I use osplayer on is guzzling up my BW and this idea would help lots.

Does anyone have an idea of what would have to be done to the code so the folder creation, mp3 upload and mp3 playback are being done from a different server or domain (downloads.domain.com)?

Edited by PropioWeb

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

some tips for new osplayer installations

i just spent the whole day trying to get osplayer to work properly. i've seen that a lot of people had similar problems and didn't get an answer yet. so here are a few tips:

1. if php same mode is on, then create the mp3 folder in the admin section and upload the files with an ftp client. works perfectly and is also more convenient.

2. make sure, the player has access to the files. if there's an .htaccess somewhere forbidding access to your mp3s, then remove it. it's the client that opens the files, not the server! oscplayer shows the php generated playlist with all files but it will not play if deny from all is set.

3. always use 44.1khz samplerate for your mp3s. lame sets this to a lower value for high compression encodings (e.g. 48kbs => 32khz) but you can override the default values. flash only accepts 44.1khz. if you use 22khz for example it will play your files at double speed. sounds pretty ugly.

hope this helps.

good luck!

Hi, duz somebody know how the change name: "TABLE_HEADING_MP3" in the catalog products box? (short discription) i don't know where to look..

Is it possible that you don't hear sound in the admin player... The player in the catalog works fine...

And there's a strange thing, when you enter more 24 digits in the Article name (catagory's) then it ain't possible to create a folder with the Mp3 manager. dus somebody know how to enlarge the number of digits?

thnxz

i have no idea where to change the "TABLE_HEADING_MP3". didn't find it.

about the sound issue in the admin section: check both configure.php files for path errors. the admin player is the same as the catalog player. there should be no difference. also check the .htaccess files for restrictions and disable them. then try again to see if it makes a difference. the admin user needs read access to the mp3 folders, otherwise osplayer will just show the tracks but not read them.

i wouldn't recommend to change the folder name limit. if you update osplayer to a newer version you'll surely have to do it again. that could cause unpredictable problems if you forget to reapply the changes.

cheers

Jahooee, i found the solution..

first my configure.php files were like this: (admin/catalog)

// osPlayer v2 player start   
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MP3', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'data/mp3/');
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_MP3', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'data/mp3/');
// osPlayer v2 player end

the above code is good for the includes/configuration.php

but if you place this code in admin/includes/configuration.php file:

// osCPlayer v2 player start
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MP3', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'data/mp3/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_MP3', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'data/mp3/');
// osCPlayer v2 player end

the sound in the admin & catalog will play :D

Hi, everything works o.k. now, but there's 1 irritating thing...

When you click on the "listen" button, the player will come up in a popup screen.. that's good..

but when you click on the shop the player will dissapear behind the window, that's logical to me. but now come's the irritating part,

when you click on "listen" the player won't come up. It stays behind the shop window, this is very irritating if you want to listen a lot of audio files.

Is there a way to fix this?

when you click on "listen" the player won't come up. It stays behind the shop window, this is very irritating if you want to listen a lot of audio files.

Is there a way to fix this?

hi

i embedded the player on the product info page. the pop up is a bit buggy. i placed it below the product image instead beside it. that looks great and people have instant access to the previews. description text wraps around the player, so it doesn't disturb the layout. have a look here: sofasound store

HI, i want the player like a popup so people can surf on the page while listening to the music...

There must a change in this code. but i don't know a lot about java, i searched on the internet, but no results came up for me that works..

// osPlayer v2 start   
 function popupWindowPlayer(url) {  
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=no,copyhistory=no,width=193,height=265,screenX=0,screenY=0,top=300,left=45
0')
}  
// osPlayer v2 end

• 2 weeks later...

had this working on my site for some time now, however i have now moved onto seo stuff and when i turn on sef urls the player stops working, indeed when i click 'listen now' link it just opens up a new homepage rather than oscplayer, any ideas? by the way good contribution and well worth the time