• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osPlayer v2

man-machine

Ok the setup for the embend player is OK, as of the config file,

when I put only /data/, the player hangs and stays closed, when i put data/ it is ok, but create the product folder under data instead of data/mp3/foldername ( which i do not care)

Oops that was my mistake the path should be /data/mp3/

try that one.

you can also download screen shot of my admin to see what is up obn this side in osplayer at :

http://www.xmedias.ca/ss_osplayer1.gif

Also, I did not see what you refered for start and stop comments

can you be more specific about it !

Thanks a lot, Ray

:huh:

The missing code was in the file that loads up at url:

http://www.xtreme-medias.com/product_info....&products_id=41

When you load up this page, look at the code (view,page source, in firefox and view, source in IE)

Then copy this code into a code editing software.(I use dreamweaver) Then you can see the line numbers ifor the code.

I just had a look at your site and the missing code is now in a different place. Now at line 777 where the pop info was in the last version before you made changes.

I think this is because you have the popup set to false.

Let me know if changing the path as above works.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

xmedias,

I was wondering what is the purpose of the sound sample on your site?

I noticed your sounds are greetings in french and english. Do you want these sounds to load as visitors enter the page?

If so there might be an easier soulution than using osplayer.

If you want to emed a sound in a page try inserting the following code in a product description.

<EMBED SRC="/catalog/data/mp3/path of mp3 file.mp3" autostart=TRUE hidden=TRUE>
 <NOEMBED><BGSOUND="path of mp3 file.mp3">
 </NOEMBED>

you will need replace "path of mp3 file.mp3" with the correct name of the file. An absolute path with the http: would problably be better.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

DDP, It is me again.

I revised all of my stuuf and corrected some things that I thought could give me some problem with OSP.

I migrated to a new server and now, guess what!!

I lost the player and/or the button listen in product info page and the admin remians the same...?

Still looking! Any ideas...

Thanks to all, but mostly DDP

Ray

DDP, It is me again.

I revised all of my stuuf and corrected some things that I thought could give me some problem with OSP.

I migrated to a new server and now, guess what!!

I lost the player and/or the button listen in product info page and the admin remians the same...?

Still looking! Any ideas...

Thanks to all, but mostly DDP

Ray

When you moved to the new server did you using the same files?

Send a link so I can check it out.

You did do a backup? eh?

Yes I did, check it out at

www.xmedias.ca

test product under FTA!

I am really getting angry at this contrib... Thanks DDP for taking the time,

I only two contrib remaining to solve small problem before going live!

OSPlayer V2 - Player not populating

CCC 9.3 - DB Error

I am a bit desparate, but I have to get those contribs to work

ADMIN

The player does show in admin, but does not populate the player list

Folder creation, paths, and files appears in the admin page list, just no playlist, no sound

CAT

No player anymore, no button appears!

At least before with the old server I had a player showing up with a populated playlist!

Thanks a bundle, AGAIN@

Ray

xmedias

I looked at your page:

http://www.xmedias.ca/commerce/product_inf...&products_id=41

It looks like once again some code is not getting inserted.

At line 750 no inserted osplayer code.

and at 764 it looks like something might be missing.

It seems like a path problem.

I know I have asked you before about your paths because you are on a new server now and it may behave differently.

What paths have you defined in your configure.php files?

I am sorry I don't know enought to solve your problems. I wish there was someone else who knew more about this stuff that could shed some more light on the subject.

You did do a backup? eh?

OK, recheck my stuff to find I did not identify my cat path properly, back to the old problem now!!!

Ouuiniiinn! :angry:

Cat side is showing, populates, but no sound!

I think thid is related to the actual version between your editing program and the osplayer

Because I tried too and it says that the versions do not correspond!!!

LEt me know if you solve this issue.

Hi

I cannot create any new folders for my mp3 files. Im getting the error msg:

1062 - Duplicate entry '28' for key 1

insert into products_mp3 (products_id, products_folder) values ('28', 'bigangitsover')

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers :-"

Hi

I cannot create any new folders for my mp3 files. Im getting the error msg:

1062 - Duplicate entry '28' for key 1

insert into products_mp3 (products_id, products_folder) values ('28', 'bigangitsover')

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers :-"

I have had this happen. It seems to be a problem with entering the same name twice.

To solve this I deleted the product and the mp3 folder and then recreated the product. Then when you make a new folder for this product do not use the name you used before and you should be ok.

I am not sure why this happens but this seem to make it work for me.

You did do a backup? eh?

• 2 weeks later...
sorry for this dumb question how do i limit a song length for my product can os do it or shud i install flah preview for it, because i dont want rip 60 sec clips of many songs

As far as I know there is nothing built into osplayer to make clips. (I am happy to be corrected about this) If it were just playing a 60 second clip of a longer file that certainly not a good use of space on the server. I would also like to be able to do this.

I use wavelab for editing audio it has a batch processing feature and it might be able to process many files at once. I will check it out and post here again if it works.

You did do a backup? eh?

I DDP,

Any luck on a brain fart to solve my problem about no sound in cat and no sound, no list in admin...

I still stand at the same spot than last time...

I DDP,

Any luck on a brain fart to solve my problem about no sound in cat and no sound, no list in admin...

No my friend I am afraid I am not expert enough to solve your problem.

You did do a backup? eh?

As far as I know there is nothing built into osplayer to make clips. (I am happy to be corrected about this) If it were just playing a 60 second clip of a longer file that certainly not a good use of space on the server. I would also like to be able to do this.

I use wavelab for editing audio it has a batch processing feature and it might be able to process many files at once. I will check it out and post here again if it works.

thanks a lot for suggestion will try this :thumbsup: btw does flash preview 1.1 help in this :huh:

helllooo anyone there after installing OSPLayer v2 i get this ony front page

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /mounted-storage/home15a/sub003/sc17648-RZME/www/Shop/includes/header.php:201) in /mounted-storage/home15a/sub003/sc17648-RZME/www/Shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

and when i create folder for album it says error_root_folder

plz help

I DDP,

I have to be a lucky fella then!!!

Fresh install through fantastico was fine

easy install was fine

Check out this sample product here:

I can get player both in cat and admin.

It seems that the player sees the mp3 but something is happening between

server and client... ANy idea? WIll mail manmade later on...

Marco

I have to be a lucky fella then!!!

Fresh install through fantastico was fine

easy install was fine

Check out this sample product here:

I can get player both in cat and admin.

It seems that the player sees the mp3 but something is happening between

server and client... ANy idea? WIll mail manmade later on...

Marco

Does it play in the admin area?

I did notice when your page loads up it says "Waiting for soulbrew.net...". On my site it says "Transfering data from www.deepdownproductions.com...". I guess this must mean the connection to the mp3 file is not happening. Mabye some kind of path issue?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

You did do a backup? eh?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed this contribution and have been trying to fix things by reading some of the posts here, but I still haven't been able to resolve some issues:

The player shows in the admin area but not in the main catalog. I am able to upload files and play them in the admin area. I wasn't able before, when I added the "/" in the configure.php files, but then I switched back to the original code (and noticed that all the other files in the configure.php files are written the same way).

Anyway, the player doesn't show in the catalog, and now when I click on the

'click to enlarge' nothing happens. I double checked the instructions to make sure I didn't mess up the popup script of the product picture with the popupplayer script for the Player.

Also, on the product list I can see 'Listen' on the bar next to 'Buy Now' but there is nothing to click on. Perhaps I misplaced an image file, or something?

So what am I doing wrong here? How can I make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Howdy everyone,

I've done the fresh install several times...

I keep getting a

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

error whenever i go to any subcatagory

right after completing the install,

anyone else have this problem?

Any Ideas?

A-

Heres the entire error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '17'

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

I installed this contribution and have been trying to fix things by reading some of the posts here, but I still haven't been able to resolve some issues:

The player shows in the admin area but not in the main catalog. I am able to upload files and play them in the admin area. I wasn't able before, when I added the "/" in the configure.php files, but then I switched back to the original code (and noticed that all the other files in the configure.php files are written the same way).

Anyway, the player doesn't show in the catalog, and now when I click on the

'click to enlarge' nothing happens. I double checked the instructions to make sure I didn't mess up the popup script of the product picture with the popupplayer script for the Player.

Also, on the product list I can see 'Listen' on the bar next to 'Buy Now' but there is nothing to click on. Perhaps I misplaced an image file, or something?

So what am I doing wrong here? How can I make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jailaxmi

This does sound like the same problem I had. For me now on two different servers the only way it worked for me is with one with the"/" and one without the "/" like this for catalog/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MP3', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/data/mp3/'); 
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_MP3', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'data/mp3/');

Have you tried this configuration?

You did do a backup? eh?