• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osPlayer v2

man-machine

Thanks for replying,

With IE theres is no missing plugin i presume, as all flash content plays from other sites, I do make flash ones myself.

The player doesnt play in Firefox even though it queues the track up in the player. The difference between that and IE is that I can see the player in IE, but it will not add uploaded files into the playlist, whereas Firefox, goes all the way up to producing sound.

My store is installed to http://www.spacecowboyonline.com/storetest/, and the mp3s are stored to /data/mp3/, I have tried the configure.php files as /data/mp3 over just data/mp3, and it didnt change anything, I'll try again.

Anymore ideas would be helpful,

Thanks

I went to your site and osplayer was working on Firefox as well as IE. One song apeared called "across the scy" and I could listen.

Can you get other sites to work on your computer. Try mine at:

http://www.deepdownproductions.com/store/n...06c379badb4e5c3

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Well ! My files are only 60kb and still no sound !

Desperate the padawan is... Test more he must.

I uploaded the files in FTP, they appeared in admin as uploaded and part of the product, but still no sound and playlist in admin ( When I press play, it tells undefined ),

As of catalog side:

Same as last time... playlist is populated but no sound coming out !

(Scroll indicates the file name properly)

HEEEELLLPPPPPPP ! !! !!

try at

http://www.xtreme-medias.com/index.php?cPa...77c7177d5734fd1

in FTA satellite there is a test product

Edited by xmedias

I went to your site and osplayer was working on Firefox as well as IE. One song apeared called "across the scy" and I could listen.

Can you get other sites to work on your computer. Try mine at:

http://www.deepdownproductions.com/store/n...06c379badb4e5c3

Yup, I tried your site before, and it worked. Do you think this is just a refresh or cache problem?

Thanks

Yup, I tried your site before, and it worked. Do you think this is just a refresh or cache problem?

Thanks

Yup, i just tried it in Firefox, and it worked, tried IE too, worked too, what was going on?

It must have been your golden touch.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Yup, i just tried it in Firefox, and it worked, tried IE too, worked too, what was going on?

It must have been your golden touch.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Yeah could be.

Did you empty your browsers cache? Sounds like that was the problem. Glad it is working.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Well ! My files are only 60kb and still no sound !

Desperate the padawan is... Test more he must.

I uploaded the files in FTP, they appeared in admin as uploaded and part of the product, but still no sound and playlist in admin ( When I press play, it tells undefined ),

As of catalog side:

Same as last time... playlist is populated but no sound coming out !

(Scroll indicates the file name properly)

HEEEELLLPPPPPPP ! !! !!

try at

http://www.xtreme-medias.com/index.php?cPa...77c7177d5734fd1

in FTA satellite there is a test product

Perhaphs there is something wrong with your mp3 files?

How did you encode the mp3?

Can you play it on other players? (thought I'm not sure this means it will work with osplayer)

Since everything else is working it seems to be a likely candidate for trouble.

Can you put the mp3 file up on your server for download? If so I will test it for you in my site to see if that is the trouble.

You did do a backup? eh?

Yeah! I did not check this , worth to try: ( What are the specs in order for it to work!)

You can download a mp3 file at the following link:

http://www.xmedias.ca/start_en.mp3

If you have one mp3 that you know works, I could download it too! and try it on my side

Thanks, I really need this fixed, before entering my product and go live!

Ray :D

Edited by xmedias

Yeah! I did not check this , worth to try: ( What are the specs in order for it to work!)

You can download a mp3 file at the following link:

http://www.xmedias.ca/start_en.mp3

If you have one mp3 that you know works, I could download it too! and try it on my side

Thanks, I really need this fixed, before entering my product and go live!

Ray :D

I tried using your file and it worked in my player. you can see this at: http://www.deepdownproductions.com/store/n...06c379badb4e5c3

All the mp3s I have used have played on my installation. You can download mp3s to test yours with at:

http://www.deepdownproductions.com/artists...gtownboys.shtml

Though this does not seem to be your problem.

You did do a backup? eh?

I will try to get something going!!!

I wish I knew what is the problem, I am getting anxious to make it work ! Anyway... If you have any idea let me know.

Thanks a bundle, Ray!

OOOOIIIIIINNNNN!!!!

I will try to get something going!!!

I wish I knew what is the problem, I am getting anxious to make it work ! Anyway... If you have any idea let me know.

Thanks a bundle, Ray!

OOOOIIIIIINNNNN!!!!

I'll try and have another look at this tomorrow.

I think you are close to getting it working.

By the way I liked the icon you are using for your popup. I hope it is cool that I scooped it up to use on my site.

You did do a backup? eh?

I'm getting a

current path: PATH_NOT_FOUND

NO_MP3_FOLDER

osplayer 2.1

In the admin part of oscommerce I have changed the paths and I do have mp3 files in those folders but still get the same error.

Also does this have a limit in file size?

Thanks

Hi

I have a problem. The flash file plays in Firefix but in IE it just says loading datas. Does anyoone know why it does this?

Try updating the flash plugin and then empty your browser's cache then try again.

You did do a backup? eh?

I tried updating the flash plugin and cleared the cache but I dont think that is the problem as the player does work on other sites I visit. Maybe it has something to do with this error I get when I try to upload:

"Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Moved: '/var/tmp/phpxX2gLi' to '/home/claremus/public_html/osCommerce/catalog//data/mp3/test/i.mp3' in /home/claremus/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/mp3manager.php on line 113"

Also if I type in my browser the path to the osc_player.swf it works, there is no playlist but at least it opens, . :huh:

I'm getting a

current path: PATH_NOT_FOUND

NO_MP3_FOLDER

osplayer 2.1

In the admin part of oscommerce I have changed the paths and I do have mp3 files in those folders but still get the same error.

Also does this have a limit in file size?

Thanks

Any Ideas Please

Hi,

Just noticed this thread - read through it and seems like many have got the os player happening.

My question is this..

I want an MP3 store that one can choose as many tracks as they want, pay and download, whilst offering the chance to hear them.

I have been trying to get the 'MP3 Preview in Flash' contrib going but so far no go.

I did also notice the osplayer in the same contrib but wasn't sure whether it was the same thing as the MP3 preview contrib.

Can anyone clear this up for me please as I need a player of some type.

Another thing..

I was also going to use it on a oscMAX version, anyone done this before. I will post on theor forum as well.

Thanks

Oz :(

To DDP,

Any luck on finding some new info about my non-populated playlist and no sound! Still searching, no answer found yet !!!

Thanks

Ray

Ray this week has been chaos for me I have not had a chance to look at it. I will try to over the weekend but I'm no expert.

You did do a backup? eh?

To DDP,

Any luck on finding some new info about my non-populated playlist and no sound! Still searching, no answer found yet !!!

Thanks

Ray

xmedias,

I had a look at the file that was created for your test sound page and I did notice one peculiar thing. At lines 748 appears:

<!-- osPlayer v2 Start -->

<!-- osPlayer v2 End -->

Looks like something here could be missing. I had this happening on my site when I did not have the extra slash in the paths that were added to the two configure.php files. Missing code like this can easily cause missing bits of code and therefore a non functioning contirbution. The path should be /data/ not data/mp3 in both files in both instances. Try setting these paths. Remember to change the permissions on the configure.php files to allow uploading. Then flush your catch before testing.

Also I am not sure about familiar with running the conrib in the popup mode. To compare better how yours is working could you change the setting in the admin for "open player popup" to false so I can compare the code of your page to the code of my site where the plugin works. Let me know if you want me to do this. When the player is in the popup mode I can's see the code in the page for the player to see if everthing is right.

You did do a backup? eh?

Ok the setup for the embend player is OK, as of the config file,

when I put only /data/, the player hangs and stays closed, when i put data/ it is ok, but create the product folder under data instead of data/mp3/foldername ( which i do not care)

you can also download screen shot of my admin to see what is up obn this side in osplayer at :

http://www.xmedias.ca/ss_osplayer1.gif

Also, I did not see what you refered for start and stop comments

can you be more specific about it !

Thanks a lot, Ray

:huh: