• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osPlayer v2

man-machine

OK, I found you, sorry for the dumb question! My question before I go through the install is: does the player have to be attached to products, or can it be running while user shops through different products? Also, is there a place with install directions? When I downloaded the player there were none attached.

Thanks!

NaturalSamba

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

This is a wonderful addon, I've seen it and thought it would be a nice addition for a website I'm creating at www.bexys.nl , an upcoming online record store.

I've updated from the Mp3 Player 1.0, however this doesn't work. As you can see on the site, it has changed something and now all the links on the whole site don't work anymore. for instance, when i want to choose a link it wants to go to

http://www.bexys.nldir_ws_http_cataloginde...b125efb87f9f235

Which is basically the correct link but with "dir_ws_http_catalog" added to it, plus a slash is missing. When adding a record in the admin, it says it worked okay but when i display it, it doesn't show a "Listen Now" button.

What do you recommend I should do?

as soon as i add

// get the mp3 folder name for a product   
 function tep_get_mp3_folder($product_id) {  

$mp3_folder_query = tep_db_query("select products_folder from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_MP3 . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");  
   $mp3_folder = tep_db_fetch_array($mp3_folder_query);  

return $mp3_folder['products_folder'];  
 }  

// delete mp3 folder and his content   
function tep_delete_mp3_folder($dir){  
$dossier=opendir($dir);  
 $total = 0;  
 while ($fichier = readdir($dossier)) {  
 $l = array('.', '..');  
 if (!in_array( $fichier, $l)){  
 if (is_dir($dir."/".$fichier)){  
 $total += tep_delete_mp3_folder("$dir/$fichier");  
 } else {  
 unlink("$dir/$fichier");  
 $total++;  
 }  
 }  
 }  
 @closedir($dossier);  
 rmdir($dir);  
 return $total;  
}  

into general.php in admin ... my admin part via web becomes blank page ..

how's that?

as soon as i add

// get the mp3 folder name for a product   
 function tep_get_mp3_folder($product_id) {  

$mp3_folder_query = tep_db_query("select products_folder from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_MP3 . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");  
   $mp3_folder = tep_db_fetch_array($mp3_folder_query);  

return $mp3_folder['products_folder'];  
 }  

// delete mp3 folder and his content   
function tep_delete_mp3_folder($dir){  
$dossier=opendir($dir);  
 $total = 0;  
 while ($fichier = readdir($dossier)) {  
 $l = array('.', '..');  
 if (!in_array( $fichier, $l)){  
 if (is_dir($dir."/".$fichier)){  
 $total += tep_delete_mp3_folder("$dir/$fichier");  
 } else {  
 unlink("$dir/$fichier");  
 $total++;  
 }  
 }  
 }  
 @closedir($dossier);  
 rmdir($dir);  
 return $total;  
}  

into general.php in admin ... my admin part via web becomes blank page ..

how's that?

nevermind .. my mistake .. admin part works .. i can add mp3's .. i can listen to them .. but product_info.php doesn't give me chance to listen to mp3 .. check out here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with my installation.

The database, and the admin uploads work perfectly - however.... when i preview my products, the button for "listen" is missing and i'm unable to get the player to start.

Take a look Here

The tracks play perfectly in the admin section - but i cant get them working in the catalog!

>_<

its worth also noting that i have a fresh install of OScommerce and no additional addons have been installed

it wokrs for me now .. thanx to manmachine via mail

what i did

in catalog/configure.php my DIR_FS_Catalog_mp3 was in line AFTER Osplayer code .. you have to put it BEFORE ... line above .. that did the trick for me ..

i have another question .. how to set it to automatically play it when customer comes to product page .. ? .. we sell concert tickets so when customer arrives to page of his idol, it won't be distrubing to hear his favourite sonf .. 30. sec. then stop.

• 2 months later...

My button for "MP3 Manager" does not show. It only shows text "Mp3 Manager". IS there something that I can do to fix this. The so called button still works but just trying to make work correctly. Thanks.

My button for "MP3 Manager" does not show. It only shows text "Mp3 Manager". IS there something that I can do to fix this. The so called button still works but just trying to make work correctly.  Thanks.

there must be a gif file missing .. i also don't have it :)

Just installed Os Player2.

Had to do the advanced install cos the shop isn't a fresh install anymore.

Copied the new files to catalog/ added the new lines to all the *.php files.

Created the new folders and set permissions.

Now, when I go to admin Products and click onto 'MP3 manager' button, I can create a folder for the mp3. I get 'success' creating folder.

After I click 'continue' I get this error message at the top:

osplayer.gif

when I delete the just created folder again, I get this:

osplayer2.gif

any ideas what could go wrong there...??

Hi Man machine or anybody,

Please help with my site www.personalizedmusicbook.com.

Using osc ms2, and installed osplayer v2.1 but it didn't work.

contribution installed: header tags controller, option type feature, easy populate file, database table prefix, salemaker, all products page.

in the admin, when i create mp3 folder, it was OK. Then I upload mp3 file and being displayed in the tracklist. But not displayed in the playlist.

The strange thing is, if i put the mp3 file directly in the data/mp3 folder, then it will display in the playlist. But when i play it, there is no sound.

in the catalog side is even worse, no difference at all before and after installing the osplayer.

PLease, please help, my head is spinning because of this. I tried to search the forum for answers, and tried all of the solutions but still the same.

Please

there must be a gif file missing .. i also don't have it :)

Found the problem. The english version does not have the button in the folder. Get the image from here and place in the english folder.

catalog/admin/includes/languages/french/images/buttons/mp3manager.gif

Edited by ortho

• 1 month later...
osPlayer v2  is OUT !!!

:: osPLayer Features :::::::::::::::::::::::

The player itself

* RealTime audio streaming

* Unlimited playlist driven by php script

* Song position slider

* Play , stop , pause buttons

* Volume control

* Time display

* Song title display

* Loop mode ON/OFF

* Professional design

Dedicated osCommerce Features

* Options control throught the osc backoffice

1. autoplay ON/OFF

2. popup window mode or integrated on your product page

* MP3 files manager throught the osc backoffice

* Add the possibility to display a "play" button on your product list .

* Really easy to install !

Find it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2646

Enjoy ;)

Hi there, we just finished installing osplayer 2 on a site we are developing, it took a couple of days, but it works!

What i was wondering is, my client is in contract to only allow 30 seconds of the song to be previewed.

Is there a way to change the settings in the osplayer to how long to play a song for?

they dont want to have to upload 2 files for each product.

Also, can you adjust the bitrate it plays at?

• 3 months later...

I'm having a hard time with osplayer v2 - i've got everything installed (i've done it 3+ times now) and everything works perfectly on the admin side, but.....

1 - the player never shows up on the product info page (and/or no popup link appears) and

2 - nothing ever shows for a preview button on the product listing pages

i finally got the player to show up on the product info pages after moving it to a different spot on the page (put it on the right under the image), but it would never show any songs in the playlist PLUS, it would show the player on EVERY page, even for t-shirt and other non-audio product pages. I was having problems with the column heading on the product listing pages, the audio preview column would just say "TABLE_HEADING_MP3" but i edited the "$lc_text = " in general.php and changed it to say "Preview", but if anyone has a more correct way to fix that problem i'd be interested too

here's my links:

Product listing example

example product info page

any help would be much much appreciated

thanks

--bp

• 1 month later...

Hi, Ive had OsPlayer V2 working fine with one track, but as soon as I added another track, I got this error msg:-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_mp3_folder() in XXX/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/catalog/product_info.php on line 88

AND

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_mp3_folder() in XXX/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 88

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi there

I'm in the process of doing the advanced version of the install for osplayer v2.

The problem I have run into is that the player does not appear in the admin panel.

I can add songs via the mp3 manager and they appear in the list but I don't see the player.

Any ideas?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Ok now I see the player. (after uploading the osc_player.swf to the admin folder as well as the one to the catalog folder).

The player works in the admin section but does now not appear in the product description.

Has anyone run into this?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I have the osplayer working perfectly in the admin area but can not get it to appear on my website in the Product_info.php pages. One bit of the instructions seems a bit confusing to be one set of instructions states:

"Database :

New configuration entry on : CONFIGURATION & CONFIGURATION_GROUPS tables

New table : PRODUCTS_MP3"

I'm not sure how to make a new configuration entry. I do know how to access the database via phpmyadmin on my webserver but while poking around there I could not figure out quite what to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You did do a backup? eh?

Since there has been a lot of coplaining and issues and no positives from what I've read, I would like to say that after a bit of trouble I did get the player to play and it works great. If you have any questions ask. I might know what the problem is.

I really didn't have a big problem with the install but you do have to read and follow the directions carefully. After installing it the button for adding the folder and mp3's was not showing up. I revisited the code and found I had replaced the wrong section. So just be very carefull. If something isn't working just go back and double and triple chack what you have done.

See it in action here.

http://www.jehovanisi.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=1440

Right now it's set to be in the page. The button to launch the player wasn't too clear so I opted for the player, more straighforward and easier for the consumer.

HTH

Sammy

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

Since there has been a lot of coplaining and issues and no positives from what I've read, I would like to say that after a bit of trouble I did get the player to play and it works great. If you have any questions ask. I might know what the problem is.

Sammy

Sammy or anybody

I have gone over things also I have created a fresh install of oscommerce and tried the install there to the same result. Admin working but nothing appears on the site.

what I was confused about was this instruction:

"Database :

New configuration entry on : CONFIGURATION & CONFIGURATION_GROUPS tables

New table : PRODUCTS_MP3"

I entered the new table products_mp3 by running the script. But I'm not sure how to make a new configuration entry. I do know how to access the database via phpmyadmin on my webserver but while poking around there I could not figure out quite what to do.

How do you make a "New configuration entry on : CONFIGURATION & CONFIGURATION_GROUPS tables"

You did do a backup? eh?

How do you make a "New configuration entry on : CONFIGURATION & CONFIGURATION_GROUPS tables"

You don't have to worry about creating the table. Just drop the sql command into the phpmyadmin sql of the database you are using and it does it for you. The SQL command is included in the package and also written out in the installation instructions.

Looks like this. It's all you have to do.

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `products_mp3`;
CREATE TABLE `products_mp3` (
`products_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`products_folder` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (`products_id`),
UNIQUE KEY `products_folder` (`products_folder`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('20', 'osplayer', 'osPlayer v2 Options', '20', '1');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Open player in a pop up', 'ENTRY_OSCP_POPUP', 'true', 'Open a popup window ( true ) or put the player on the page ( false )', '20', '1', '', '', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Lecture automatique', 'ENTRY_OSCP_PLAY', 'false', 'Autoplay ? ', 20, 2, '', '', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Mp3 preview', 'PRODUCT_LIST_MP3', '10', 'Add a listen button ?', 8, 5, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE