• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stop Buy Now button going to product detail

bjraybould

Does anyone know how to prevent the Buy Now button going to the detailed product description page? I want the Buy Now button to update items to the shopping cart in the right hand column, without changing the navigation context.

At the moment, when you click Buy Now on the page where multiple products are listed, you are taken to the product detail page. This makes it difficult to add a series of products to your shopping cart all at once, since you are continually taken to a new page and then you have to navigate back to the list of products on the previous page to add the next product, and so on. It is a tremendous amount of clicking just to add a few products in a list.

Surely if you want to Buy Now, you already know you want the product so you do not want to read the detailed product description?

I have seen it implemented the way I suggest at paragon bookstore , but I have searched the forums for an hour and not found how to do it.

Does anyone know how to implement what Paragon House did?

I have already set Display Cart After Adding Product to false in the Admin panel, but this only affects the working of the Add to Cart button. It does not affect the working of the Buy Now button.

Any suggestions welcome

Thank you

Archived