• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order IP Recorder v1.0

marktoe

I just installed the contribution Order IP Recorder v1.0 which displays the IP fine, everything works fine except for the fact that the IP ADDRESS will not show in orders panel in the admin section.

All i see is:

IP ADDRESS:

and nothing follows...anyone know why that is or have had the same issue?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed the contribution Order IP Recorder v1.0 which displays the IP fine, everything works fine except for the fact that the IP ADDRESS will not show in orders panel in the admin section.

All i see is:

IP ADDRESS:

and nothing follows...anyone know why that is or have had the same issue?

Are you looking at the detail for an order placed after you installed the contrib?

I just tried creating a new order, same result as listed above ... no IP info

The first two things I would check are whether or not my SQL query ran correctly and whether or not the code changes in catalog/admin/orders.php and catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php were made correctly. I have this installed and it works fine (except for the fact that it grabs the gateway's IP).

Are you looking at the detail for an order placed after you installed the contrib?

Yeah, i installed the contrib, then made an order to see if the IP would show, it shows on the confirmation page on the customers side.

Then i went to the orders.php in admin, went to edit order or whatever, it shows IP ADDRESS:

and that's it. No ip or ISP is shown at all.

I'm not the only one with this problem tho, so i'm sure it's just an error in the code and the ip is not being taken over to the next section or recorder in the right var...

The first two things I would check are whether or not my SQL query ran correctly and whether or not the code changes in catalog/admin/orders.php and catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php were made correctly.  I have this installed and it works fine (except for the fact that it grabs the gateway's IP).

Well, i dropped both ipaddy and ispip from the table, then added them back on.

I went and added the codes back to both orders.php and order.php.

The only difference is that my /admin/orders.php looks like this:

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '"><u>' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</u></a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

as you can see it does not have the final code line ( $order['customers_postcode'] ) as stated on the installation text file, but that should not do anything regarding the displayment of the IP in there.

And for order.php in classes folder I added ipaddy, ispip to the first code line:

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status,

And not the paypal IPN one because I do not use paypal so it's not needed.

SO everything is done 100% as requested on the text file and still no IP displays in admin > orders.php

The first two things I would check are whether or not my SQL query ran correctly and whether or not the code changes in catalog/admin/orders.php and catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php were made correctly.  I have this installed and it works fine (except for the fact that it grabs the gateway's IP).

how do i check whether or not my sql query ran correctly? ... code changes follow instructions ... tia

how do i check whether or not my sql query ran correctly? ... code changes follow instructions ... tia

I applogize for my instructions being a little confusing on how to do this. THe problem with the ip address not showing from the other versions vs. my version was noone ever fetched the ip address using the query in admin/includes/classes/order.php so check your sql query and make sure ipaddy and ipisp are at the end or in correlation with your database table order. That's what solved my problem when i downloaded their version. (i just added to do a lookup on the ip address for the isp).

If you want to check to make sure it is storing the ip address as the above post said, go into phpmyadmin (usually in your cpanel or other control panel) and browse the order table.

After i'm done updating one of my client's stores, i will take the instructions and rewrite them to make them more clear.

I applogize for my instructions being a little confusing on how to do this. THe problem with the ip address not showing from the other versions vs. my version was noone ever fetched the ip address using the query in admin/includes/classes/order.php so check your sql query and make sure ipaddy and ipisp are at the end or in correlation with your database table order. That's what solved my problem when i downloaded their version. (i just added to do a lookup on the ip address for the isp).

If you want to check to make sure it is storing the ip address as the above post said, go into phpmyadmin (usually in your cpanel or other control panel) and browse the order table.

After i'm done updating one of my client's stores, i will take the instructions and rewrite them to make them more clear.

Well man, i re added the sql like 50 times, it is at the very end of the structure and still will not work. It's not recording the IP addy to carry it over to the panel! Also another thing that would be great is if the email that sends out to the customer also contained the IP/ISP.

And i noticed that in the admin section it only displays IP, why not carry over the ISP var also? Either way it will not display regardless of the place where ipaddy and ispip are...

Looking forward for an update tho.

Well, I went through the instructions again and discovered I missed some steps. Some of the Changes you need to make aren't numbered so you need to make sure you don't miss them.

Also, if you want to add the ISP info in the Admin section do the following:

In catalog/admin/orders.php Change:

<tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_IPADDRESS; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['ipaddy']; ?></td>
 </tr>

To:

<tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_IPADDRESS; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['ipaddy']; ?></td>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_IPISP; ?></b></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['ipisp']; ?></td>
 </tr>

I also expirience the same missing display of the IP and ISP in the Admin section and that id after I indstalled the version 1.2 with the ISP extra.

Up until that moment I did not se the IP in the Admin section either, but it was recorded in the database allright. After the 1.2 installation no IP is stored anymore, but the ISP is recordes alright in the database. But no show in the Admin!

Rgds.

Bent Bj?rnskov

www.2-b-fit.dk

[email protected]

Edited by 2-b-fit

Seems to work now :rolleyes:

What I found was an error in my correction of the

catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php

In the instruction it says:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER THE LAST FIELD NAME JUST LIKE THE NEXT ONE ADD:

", ipaddy, ipisp" without quotes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

but since this this is supposed to be put in before the field last_modified I ended up without the comma after ipisp and the things did not work.

Here you have the whole line that works (line 29 in my file):

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, ipaddy, ipisp, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

Rgds.

Bent Bj?rnskov

Still no recording in the database of the IP. Only the ISP is recorded!

I have a feeling that it has something to do with this section in the Install.txt:

(5) catalog/checkout_process.php

* FIND:

include('includes/application_top.php');

* CHANGE TO:

include('includes/application_top.php');

$ip = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REMOTE_ADDR"];

$client = gethostbyaddr($HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REMOTE_ADDR"]);

$str = preg_split("/\./", $client);

$i = count($str);

$x = $i - 1;

$n = $i - 2;

$isp = $str[$n] . "." . $str[$x];

/* Version 1.2 */

FIND AND DELETE:

REPLACE WITH ABOVE

* FIND:

'currency_value' => $order->info['currency_value');

* CHANGE TO:

'currency_value' => $order->info['currency_value'],

'ipaddy' => $ip,

'ipisp' => $isp);

/* Version 1.2 */

FIND:

'ipaddy' => $ip);

REPLACE WITH:

'ipaddy' => $ip,

'ipisp' => $isp);

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions?

Hey 2-b-fit, mine works perfectly now that I made that change in /admin/includes/classes/orders.php that I too initially missed. I have a couple contributions installed that make minor changes to my code versus the instructions, but if you email me (I think I have a visible email in this forum, if not I'll edit), I'll send you files so you can see my edits. hth

Steve Carbin

Hi Steve

Thank you for your kind coorporation effort, but last night I found the error in my code.

Due to the "reverse" explanation in the install instruction I left out this line:

in the catalog/checkout_process.php and thereby also missed out the recording of the IP-address. I also had to make some other small addjustments to the code in order to get the right looks, but theese were mainly of the typograpfical kind.

Would be nice if someone dit a work-over of the install instruction, but at least now the things work for me.

Rgds.

Bent Bj?rnskov

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers people

I have solved my problem, after some troubleshooting in the middle of the night.

Quite amazed, as I reckon myself rather newbie at php.

Nevertheless, the part 5 in the instructions skips this part for those installing this mod;

FIND

'currency_value' => $order->info['currency_value');

REPLACE WITH

'currency_value' => $order->info['currency_value'],

'ipaddy' => $ip,

'ipisp' => $isp);

Works like a charm!

Great contribution!

• 2 weeks later...
(didn't find any EDIT button here..)

Just want to point out I am refering to the catalog/checkout_process.php file.

I got mine to work pretty good

it dont display it on the first section of the order status.

you have to click the preveiw icon in fornt of your name or customers name.

there you see the print out of the ip adress & isp name.

I got mine to work pretty good

it dont display it on the first section of the order status.

you have to click the preveiw icon in fornt of your name or customers name.

there you see the print out of the ip adress & isp name.

I add a Contribution for IP & ISP Recorder for download it has all the files thats edited for it with orders.sql file.

I didnt make the Contribution readme I just fallow the readme.txt for it and edited the files what the readme says to edit and created a orders.sql for you to add to phpMyAdmin sql.

I dont take credit for this cause its not my code.

the coder for Ip & Isp recorder is by Acheron.

I just made things a bit simple for the beginer to add this in and get it to work just from a download zip file.

cause I noticed the coder Acheron did not add the files for download and I know some beginer would like to use this for their shop but dont know how to code or edit the code in oscommerce 2.2 M2

so this makes it more easier for them to add IP & ISP Recorder mod to their oscommercer shops.

heres a linl to the IP & ISP Recorder

hope this helps out some of the beginers .

cheeers all.

• 1 month later...
Hi

anyone care to help?

On mine, I get the IP address of the processor. Is that what you see? I posted a question about that some time back and never got a response. Since I can go to the processor's control panel and get the customer's IP, and since I capture the customer's IP when the customer sets up or modifies his or her account, I haven't worried about it. I use the IP of the processor captured with the order as further confirmation that the order came through the processor.

On mine, I get the IP address of the processor.  Is that what you see?  I posted a question about that some time back and never got a response.  Since I can go to the processor's control panel and get the customer's IP, and since I capture the customer's IP when the customer sets up or modifies his or her account, I haven't worried about it.  I use the IP of the processor captured with the order as further confirmation that the order came through the processor.

It will much more easier to solve the problem in osC. Why the IP address is not recorded when the customer returns from the CC processors like Paypal & others.