• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order IP Recorder v1.0

marktoe

Hi, i just installed this contribution and it's sort of works. When i made a test purchase and check-out successfully, at the bottom it said your IP been recorded for security purposes. When i log into admin/order i got an error:

1054 - Unknown column 'accountholder' in 'field list'

select customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, accountholder, bankname, routingnumber, accountnumber, checknumber, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified, customers_id, payment_id, ipaddy, ipisp from orders where orders_id = '14'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks in advance. Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Kevin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve

Thank you for your kind coorporation effort, but last night I found the error in my code.

Due to the "reverse" explanation in the install instruction I left out this line:

$ip = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REMOTE_ADDR"];

in the catalog/checkout_process.php and thereby also missed out the recording of the IP-address. I also had to make some other small addjustments to the code in order to get the right looks, but theese were mainly of the typograpfical kind.

Would be nice if someone dit a work-over of the install instruction, but at least now the things work for me.

Rgds.

Bent Bj?rnskov

Same thing happened to me, due to that confusing line of the instructions. All was fine after putting back

$ip = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REMOTE_ADDR"];

Contribution -> good, instructions -> weak.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

• 2 weeks later...

All seems to work as supposed to untill i try to do a status update.

Then i am presented with the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from orders where orders_id = '59808'' at line 1

select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased, ipaddy, from orders where orders_id = '59808'

[TEP STOP]

I also saw that in the contribution section someone had the same problem, but he did not put it here.

Anyway, does anyone know what i have to do to remove the error as now i can not update any orders without this error.

I am running a live shop so anay fast reply would be greatly appreciated

Hi

I have the install working okay except for one thing. The ISP just comes up with the domain extension i.e: "co.uk" with no other information. Is this correct?

How can I get the ISP to be viewable. I see the IP, just cannot find the stupid ISP. Grrrrr, help.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

23 Total Contributions Installed :)

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone got a fix for this contribution if you have PayPal IPN installed? I have traced 'why' the IP and ISP don't get recorded in the database, I just haven't figured out how to fix it.

The line of code in checkout_process that screws it up is :

$payment_modules->before_process();

Everything after this line does not get executed as the PayPal IPN takes over. It calls the before_process() function in paypal.php, which in turn includes the file checkout_process.inc.php- this is where order information is stored. I tried putting code in both these files to get the IP and ISP, but nothing gets returned as the files are being called from a script and not from the web.

Could someone with a little more knowledge of PHP figure out a way to pass the variables so they can be stored? (I tried making them global, but didn't work... although I could have done it wrong).

Thanks.

Paul.

OK, for anyone even remotely cares, I have found a better solution... I think.

All you need to do is add these lines of code to get the IP and ISP-

$ip_query = tep_db_query("select ip_address from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " where customer_id = " . $customer_id);

$ip_check = tep_db_fetch_array($ip_query);

$isp=gethostbyaddr($ip_check['ip_address']);

This assumes that the customer is 'online' when making the order ;)

Why I didn't think of this before, I don't know.

ARE THERE ANY DRAWBACKS? I haven't looked into this much but assume that 'customer_id' is a primary key in the table? Does oscommerce allow a customer to be logged in at more than one computer?

Hopefully someone can work with this and make a much easier contribution?

• 1 month later...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from orders where orders_id = '59808'' at line 1

select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased, ipaddy, from orders where orders_id = '59808'

[TEP STOP]

Hi,

i have the same problem

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where orders_id ='239'' at line 1

select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased, ipaddy, ipisp, fromorders where orders_id ='239'

[TEP STOP]

if someone could help us ...

[TEP STOP]

I also saw that in the contribution section someone had the same problem, but he did not put it here.

Anyway, does anyone know what i have to do to remove the error as now i can not update any orders without this error.

I am running a live shop so anay fast reply would be greatly appreciated

ok i find out the prob

$order_updated = false;
      $check_status_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, ipaddy, ipisp, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id ='" . (int)$oID . "'");
      $check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);

NOTE : NO ',' between 'date_purchased' and 'from'

and u must put 'date_purchased' just before 'from' not as u mentionned :

• 2 months later...
Hi

I installed this contribution and found a bug. If you use Paypal IPN or 3rd party CC processor, the IP address & ISP will not be recorded.

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Did anybody manage to figure out how to display IP and ISP in admin? It works fine if Money order is selected. With PayPal and 3rd party CC, it is displayed on checkout page but not on individual order in admin.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I?ve installed ?Order IP Recorder? contribution. First of all, thanks to Acheron for the great contribution. Now, my problem is that it doesn't support ?PayPal IPN Shopping Cart v3.1.5?. It shows fine when customer is paying by Check/Money Order, but not with ?PayPal IPN Shopping Cart v3.1.5?. Every time somebody orders through PayPal, IP Address and ISP are just blank in admin/orders. Has anybody figured out how to implement this contrib with PayPal IPN Shopping Cart? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Irina.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the IP Order Recorder needs extra modifications to work with osc PayPal IPN module. For the osC IPN module do all the database functions by itself, you need to modify the osC IPN module to log the IP in database. Check this link http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=732450 to make Ip Order Recorder works with osC IPN module

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hello,

I have a problem with "Order IP recorder" and "Authorize.net SIM" payment method. It always captures an Authorize.net's IP & ISP instead of real customer's. May be somebody came up with the fix for this inaccuracy? I'll appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Irin.

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a mess, can somebody post a cleaned up version of this? :rolleyes:

I know it works because I used it a few months ago on another cart that I don't have access to now. I don't remember how I got it working properly now that I need to add it to another cart. :blush:

Edited by uncle mike

This is just a mess, can somebody post a cleaned up version of this? :rolleyes:

I know it works because I used it a few months ago on another cart that I don't have access to now. I don't remember how I got it working properly now that I need to add it to another cart. :blush:

If I said please would that help?

PLEASE :D

• 4 months later...

have an error coming up when i try and access the individual orders from the admin panel.

this is what i'm seeing:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ipaddy, ipisp orders where orders_id = '15'' at line 1

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from, ipaddy, ipisp orders where orders_id = '15'

have dropped the ipaddy and ipisp from the SQL database and reloaded them with no joy.

PLEASE HELP!

Edited by LOSHANNESSY

have an error coming up when i try and access the individual orders from the admin panel.

this is what i'm seeing:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ipaddy, ipisp orders where orders_id = '15'' at line 1

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from, ipaddy, ipisp orders where orders_id = '15'

have dropped the ipaddy and ipisp from the SQL database and reloaded them with no joy.

PLEASE HELP!

You missed a comma in your script.

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from, ipaddy, ipisp, orders where orders_id = '15'

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

only thing is it doesn't give me any indication of where that code actually is.

Look at the URL line in your browser, in the page you got this error message from, that's the file you need to fix.

yeah it thinks it's in my catelog/admin/order.php but i can't find any reference

just search for ipaddy and ipisp in your code.

this is the only relative instance:

$check_status_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased, ipaddy, ipisp". TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");