• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HelpDesk For osCommerce

Is there anybody who got the contribution "HelpDesk For osCommerce" to work?

When I try to "Sync with Mail Server", I get the folowing Error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_open() in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\admin\helpdesk_pop3.php on line 26"

Any suggestions might put me on the right track.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any suggestions might put me on the right track.

http://es.php.net/manual/en/ref.imap.php

Namely

To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with --with-imap[=DIR], where DIR is the c-client install prefix. From our example above, you would use --with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2000b. This location depends on where you created this directory according to the description above. Windows users may include the php_imap.dll DLL in php.ini. IMAP is not supported on systems earlier that Windows 2000. This is because it uses encryption functions in order to enable SSL connections to the mail servers.

Call to undefined function: imap_open() means IMAP support is not enabled in your php configuration.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

I have enabled it in PHP.INI, still the same, it looks like imap_open is not defined in the /admin/includes/configure.php file as helpdesk_pop3.php call for it.

After opening the latter file, I noticed that it is not defined (no mention to the function)

It should read something like " define('Imap_Open', '********');

With "*********" being the unknown factor.

I hope I'm right?????

I hope I'm right?????

Nope :)

Did you restart the webserver after you added it to the php.ini?

If you open the oscommerce admin and go to tools / server info... there should be an imap area listed in that screen... if not then imap support isnt enabled.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

If you have enabled the extension in php.ini by setting

;extension=php_imap.dll

to

extension=php_imap.dll

You then need to restart the webserver... Or even better to be doubly sure just reboot the entire box :)

Then when you check the server info page again it should be listed.

Mark Evans

Edited php.ini.

You changed what to what?

Reg lib php_imap.dll

You dont need this step :-/

I suspect the dll is not registered properly??

The dll doesnt need registering.

Are you sure you are editing the correct php.ini file?

In the server info page it will tell you the path to the ini file it is using.

What webserver are you using?

Mark Evans

• 2 weeks later...
You changed what to what?

You dont need this step :-/

The dll doesnt need registering.

Are you sure you are editing the correct php.ini file?

In the server info page it will tell you the path to the ini file it is using.

What webserver are you using?

I've finally gotten the latest version of the Help Desk contribution to work. Feel free to drop me a line if you're having problems installing and configuring.

I have a very stupid question: How do you send a reply back to the customer after HelpDesk picks up the email?

Thanks,

Mike

Could you document how you got it to work? Better to do it in this public forum so that everyone can find the solution easier than asking everyone to contact you directly.

Thanks!

I've finally gotten the latest version of the Help Desk contribution to work.  Feel free to drop me a line if you're having problems installing and configuring.

I have a very stupid question:  How do you send a reply back to the customer after HelpDesk picks up the email?

Thanks,

Mike

Could you document how you got it to work? Better to do it in this public forum so that everyone can find the solution easier than asking everyone to contact you directly.

Thanks!

Hi Lane,

I'd be more than happy to help but what specifically are you having trouble with? The installation instructions do work if followed carefully.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Lane,

I'd be more than happy to help but what specifically are you having trouble with?  The installation instructions do work if followed carefully.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks... for some reason I didn't get an email I had a reply here, so a bit later, but still :)

My main problem is that I can't get the module to connect to the pop3 server... I get this:

Helpdesk - Mail retrieval system version 0.1 by Mario Hebert

Processing mails for account [email protected]

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.ifd.com:110/notls} in /home/ifd/public_html/666admin999/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 28

If I check my email logs there is nothing from the webserver... so it must be a configuration error, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. (Note, I do not have an imap server).

Note, the previous response had testing info in it; as best I can tell the correctly configured information tho gives the same error:

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.ifd.com/pop3} in /home/ifd/public_html/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 28

Also, the very same server is able to send emails to that same pop3 server every day (three daily server status emails are sent fine).

Edited by lane

Note, the previous response had testing info in it; as best I can tell the correctly configured information tho gives the same error:

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.ifd.com/pop3} in /home/ifd/public_html/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 28

Also, the very same server is able to send emails to that same pop3 server every day (three daily server status emails are sent fine).

Hi Lane,

It's been a while since I worked on this but if I recall correctly, you need to configure PHP to make sure the IMAP module is installed. How it's configured depends on whether you are running on the Win or Linux OS.

I took the following from http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/PHP/Create-...HP-and-IMAP/1/:

====================

Configuring PHP on Windows with IMAP support

It's easy to configure your Windows server to work with IMAP. Firstly, grab the php_imap.dll file from your PHP download (it should be in the extensions directory). If you can't find it then download the PHP zip package here.

Next, copy php_imap.dll to your PHP extension directory, which you can find in your php.ini file as the extension_dir variable. Lastly, open php.ini and look for the line starting ";extension=php_imap.dll". Remove the semicolon from the front, save the file and restart your web server.

Configuring PHP on Linux with IMAP support

To enable IMAP support on your PHP installation you need to compile PHP with the --with-imap argument. You also need to download the IMAP library here. Once you've downloaded it, copy c-client/c-client.a to /usr/local/lib/libc-client.a. Also copy c-client/rfc822.h, mail.h and linkage.h to /usr/local/include or some other directory in your include path.

====================

I need to install the helpdesk contribution on another machine so if I find that my suggestion is incorrect, I'll let you know.

Good luck!

Hope this helps,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Lane,

It's been a while since I worked on this but if I recall correctly, you need to configure PHP to make sure the IMAP module is installed.  How it's configured depends on whether you are running on the Win or Linux OS.

Long delay... help desk is still not working, and neither is the forum sending me emails about new posts :(

Anyway, I am running on linux, RedHat. I have configured PHP for imap and do not get errors about it being missing... it's just that the imap module can't connect ... or maybe the php->imap connection is not working, can't figure it.

According to the link you posted I have done the setup correctly and my status says:

IMAP c-Client Version 2000

on the printout.

Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have the "Helpdesk for Oscommerce" carefully installed with the pop3-addon, and it works great. But when testing it I experienced a problem.

For some reason a few of the email-bodies from the mail account are not transfered to the Helpdesk. So these entries are in the helpdesk with name, email-adress and subject, but no body.

Anyone else, who did experience this problem?

Best regards

Jakob Høy Biegel

-----------------------------------

Shopeon.com - Automate your webshop

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i am getting this error when i hit Sync with mail server

everything else is working fine , but i am not receiving any emails in admin side.

-------------------

Emails will be deleted from the server

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {localhost:143/notls} in /home/ilinks/public_html/stylesite/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 26

Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in /home/ilinks/public_html/stylesite/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 190

i have imap installed

imap

IMAP c-Client Version 2001

SSL Support enabled

Kerberos Support enabled

hey guys i am getting this error when i hit Sync with mail server

everything else is working fine , but i am not receiving any emails in admin side.

-------------------

Emails will be deleted from the server

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {localhost:143/notls} in /home/ilinks/public_html/stylesite/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 26

Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in /home/ilinks/public_html/stylesite/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 190

i have imap installed

imap

IMAP c-Client Version  2001 

SSL Support  enabled 

Kerberos Support  enabled

Good luck; I have never got this to work... spent well over 40 hours on this one issue with zero success. I have, it would seem, everything required installed but I can't get past the point at which you are also stuck. See my emails above.

hello guys,

can any one please tell me whats this code for

if (((!$HTTP_GET_VARS['ticket']) || (@$HTTP_GET_VARS['ticket'] == $entries['ticket'])) && (!$tInfo) && (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'], 0, 3) != 'new')) {
       $tInfo = new objectInfo(tep_array_merge($entries, $ticket));
     }

i am getting this msg on admin > helpdesk

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/ilinks/public_html/stylesite/admin/helpdesk.php on line 690

and on line 690 its this code below

$tInfo = new objectInfo(tep_array_merge($entries, $ticket));

is it ok if i just remove this code ?

thankx

Change all the

tep_array_merge

to

array_merge

That should do it

Jakob

Best regards

Jakob Høy Biegel

-----------------------------------

Shopeon.com - Automate your webshop

• 2 months later...

I've installed the Helpdesk for osCommerce contribution with POP3 addon. Like others, I haven't gotten it working yet--all the parts are there, but I'm not receiving the e-mails in the Helpdesk. (They're being picked up fine by the Sync command.) This is probably because I have yet to add in the mail aliases entries; I'm waiting to hear back from my hosting provider about the location and editability of the mail aliases file. Hopefully once I get those entries in, it will all work fine.

But this brings me to my question: in the POP3 addon installation text, it says:

"The original contribution requires that you use a php binary to execute the osc_mail2db.php

script to parse the incoming email into the osCommerce database.

This contribution is a ADDON to the existing contribution and involves the following changes:

* The emails are retrieved through POP3 following a end-user synch request. [...]"

Which sounds to me like you no longer need to do the mail-aliases-entry thing. Is that accurate? (Not that that's good news...then I have an actual problem :-).)

Regards,

--Grayson

Grayson Morris