• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HelpDesk For osCommerce

you should have a line in the helpdesk_pop3.php where it prints the error for imap_open.

echo "[". DATETIME ."] [ERROR] Unable to connect: ". imap_last_error() ."".CRLF;

so you could either replace it or add an extra line like

echo "[". DATETIME ."] [ERROR] Unable to connect: ". implode(' ### ', imap_errors()) ."".CRLF;

and you could also use the imap_alerts function.

For the cron job you simply invoke the helpdesk_pop3.php script.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get this addon to work without the imap_open file? My provide will not install this in there php :( I have got it to work on my own server but what i am really looking for is another way of getting the email into the sql database without using imap_open.

Thanks.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I can get the emails through mic. outlook but not through admin.

when i look at error log i get

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_open() in /admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 62

line 62 is:

if ($conn = imap_open("{".DEFAULT_HELPDESK_MAILSERVER.DEFAULT_HELPDESK_PROTOCOL_SPECIFICATION."}".$mailbox, $emailaddress, $password, $mode))

not sure what to change to get to work. I am trying to use the pop3 addon but no success.

Any help will be appreciated

While I am waiting on the imap to be enabled I have another question.

I have several email accounts set up for different departments and when I click on the "Sync with mail server" it only tries to Sync the default email. How do I sync all the email addresses?

Thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

when i click sync with mail server i get this error:

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.pcgiant.co.uk} in /hsphere/local/home/pcgiant/pcgiant.co.uk/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 62

[Mon Jun 19 7:49:19 2006 -0500] [ERROR] Unable to connect: TLS/SSL failure for mail.pcgiant.co.uk: SSL negotiation failed

Does anyone know how i can fix this error. other than this error this cotribution seems to work but not in admin.

Thank in advance

kind regards

Vickie

Edited by pcgiant

Does no one know what this problem is. why people make contributions with and asume they work when infact they dont this contribution does not even work on a fresh install of oscommerce lain or laim or what ever your name is "you there lad" fix the contribution or remove it.

when i click sync with mail server i get this error:

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {mail.pcgiant.co.uk} in /hsphere/local/home/pcgiant/pcgiant.co.uk/admin/helpdesk_pop3.php on line 62

[Mon Jun 19 7:49:19 2006 -0500] [ERROR] Unable to connect: TLS/SSL failure for mail.pcgiant.co.uk: SSL negotiation failed

Does anyone know how i can fix this error. other than this error this cotribution seems to work but not in admin.

Thank in advance

kind regards

Vickie

Does no one know what this problem is. why people make contributions with and asume they work when infact they dont this contribution does not even work on a fresh install of oscommerce lain or laim or what ever your name is "you there lad" fix the contribution or remove it.

I know for a fact the contribution works. The pain is to configure it and that unfortunately has to do with the mail server and settings and these are different for each case.

Hi and thank you for your reply thought i was on my own in here

how do i find the mail server settings needed to make this contribution work i spent well over 10 hours trying all different ways to get this to work. and still i am not able to get it to work. I did find the setting within my email server to enable the imap and still can not get it to work.

our host is ixwebhosting and we are using Apache servers with Unix. I have contacted Ixwebhosting but the customer service and technical are all out of there depth and do not know what settings to use other than the ones i have used.

Hope you can help

much appreciate your reply

Kind Regards

Vickie

I know for a fact the contribution works. The pain is to configure it and that unfortunately has to do with the mail server and settings and these are different for each case.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

fix bug with html emails

as you can see this code working only with text emails. To fix html emails open helpdesk_pop3.php and find code

$field_body = trim($parts['text'][0]);

and replace to

if(strlen($parts['html'][0])>0)
{
 $field_body = trim($parts['html'][0]);
}
else
{
// get rid of things that will confuse php
}

but html email will not have right view so we have to do some changes in helpdesk.php

open helpdesk.php

and find code:

<tr>
 <td class="smallText"><?php echo nl2br($entry['body']); ?></td>
</tr>

and replace it to

<tr>
 <td class="smallText"><?php echo (stristr($entry['body'],'<br>') || stristr($entry['body'],'<p>') ? $entry['body']: nl2br($entry['body'])); ?></td>
</tr>

it means if body has html tags we will not use nl2br functions

• 10 months later...

fix bug with html emails

as you can see this code working only with text emails. To fix html emails open helpdesk_pop3.php and find code

and replace to

if(strlen($parts['html'][0])>0)
{
 $field_body = trim($parts['html'][0]);
}
else
{
// get rid of things that will confuse php
}

Ive tried your mod to the code to allow html email to be put thru into the ticket but it seems to still stript all the ticket out and so the ticket shows up blank in helpdesk.php

any ideas?