• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping help

How do I make it so that I can have multiple different shipping options, then it would had that option's cost onto the total?

E.g

Option 1:

Item over 1KG, shipping price is $5

Option 2:

Item over 2KG, shipping price is $10

Then, it would then add that $# to the total.

(User may select which option is best for them)

How do I make it so that I can have multiple different shipping options, then it would had that option's cost onto the total?

E.g

Option 1:

Item over 1KG, shipping price is $5

Option 2:

Item over 2KG, shipping price is $10

Then, it would then add that $# to the total.

(User may select which option is best for them)

Select Table Rate in admin->modules->shipping (you may have to click on install first). Then set the table to something like 0:5.00, 1:6.00,2:7.00

The above is for pounds. It may be the same with KG's but I don't use them so I can't be sure. It is interpreted as for anything less than a pound, shipping is $5. For anything from 5-6 lbs, shipping is $6. For anyting over 6 lbs, shipping is $7.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Select Table Rate in admin->modules->shipping (you may have to click on install first).  Then set the table to something like 0:5.00, 1:6.00,2:7.00

The above is for pounds.  It may be the same with KG's but I don't use them so I can't be sure.  It is interpreted as for anything less than a pound, shipping is $5.  For anything from 5-6 lbs, shipping is $6.  For anyting over 6 lbs, shipping is $7.

Jack

Well, its a bit more tricker than that of what I want... I would like about 4-5 different types of options, however, in the directories, its actually 4-5 copies of the same .php file (just renamed differently), but, the discription and pricing is different... Am I making sense? :/

Well, its a bit more tricker than that of what I want... I would like about 4-5 different types of options, however, in the directories, its actually 4-5 copies of the same .php file (just renamed differently), but, the discription and pricing is different... Am I making sense? :/

No sorry you don't. If you use weight dependand shipping, why would you want to have different copies. The shipping module can calculate it for you. You add the weight per item and in the order total the shipping module will look at the weight total and calculate shipping. You make it sound so much more difficult then it is.

Giovanna