• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auspost shipping calc problem

theotai

Hi anyone,

I am playing around with the Auspost v2.02 International Express Air module module and have come across a problem with the way the shipping charge is calculated in auspostair.php. Namely, the bit where it works out the total charge by ($charge/1.1)

From what I can tell the amount received from the query to Australia post is correct right up til the point where the module divides it by 1.1... If anyone has any ideas on why the charge is being calculated like this can they let me know.

The easy solution is obviously to remove the '/1.1' bit and get the correct charge as calculated by Australia post, however, I have a feeling the calc is there for a good reason and I am just missing something simple...

Here's an example of what happens:

A parcel of 2kg is being sent to the US by AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR

The module queries the Australia post website for the charge which returns $44.50, the correct amount that I expect to see against the shipping method.

The module then divides this by 1.1 giving a shipping price of $40.00 3 dollars short of what it should be.

anyone shed any light on this!!!???

:'( I, too am seeking a working modual for australia post, mine gives out postal charges of up to $5,000 for an item that weighs 200gms?? their is a bug I know but I just can't find it Here is the string is you can find the problem I would be very thankful.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.3 2003/02/06 17:38:16 thomasamoulton Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Checkout');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Shipping Method');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Delivery Information');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address');

define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION', 'Please choose from your address book where you would like the items to be delivered to.');

define('TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Method');

define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.');

define('TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT', 'Please Select');

define('TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS', 'Add Comments About Your Order');

define('TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'Continue Checkout Procedure');

define('TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'to select the preferred payment method.');

?>

:thumbsup:

:'( I, too am seeking a working modual for australia post, mine gives out postal charges of up to $5,000 for an item that weighs 200gms?? their is a bug I know but I just can't find it Here is the string is you can find the problem I would be very thankful.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.3 2003/02/06 17:38:16 thomasamoulton Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Checkout');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Shipping Method');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Delivery Information');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address');

define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION', 'Please choose from your address book where you would like the items to be delivered to.');

define('TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Method');

define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.');

define('TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT', 'Please Select');

define('TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS', 'Add Comments About Your Order');

define('TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'Continue Checkout Procedure');

define('TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'to select the preferred payment method.');

?>

:thumbsup:

What have you got set as the per Item weight for the product? It should be 0.200

Yo