• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manual Shipping amount

intrex

Is there a module out there that will allow you to manually add shipping to orders when processing them? Or is there any thing like this that I could use as an example. I am using oscommerce for selling unique items that all vary drasticly in size and weight.

Is there a module out there that will allow you to manually add shipping to orders when processing them? Or is there any thing like this that I could use as an example.  I am using oscommerce for selling unique items that all vary drasticly in size and weight.

i want exactly the same thing...

bump.

Is there a module out there that will allow you to manually add shipping to orders when processing them? Or is there any thing like this that I could use as an example.  I am using oscommerce for selling unique items that all vary drasticly in size and weight.

I am not all that savvy when it comes to this, but I just installed the individual Ship V3.1 and it works great! When inputting your product info .. just type into the box that shows up in the product info category in Admin .. what price your shipping is and voila it's in the cart .. the cart states the shipping for this item is .....

Hope this helped!!

No, I think they mean a module that lets you enter shipping manually after an entire order has been processed... if someone buys 50 items, they don't want to see "$10 shipping per item;" a discount is necessary. If you guys find something, let me know as well.

No, I think they mean a module that lets you enter shipping manually after an entire order has been processed... if someone buys 50 items, they don't want to see "$10 shipping per item;" a discount is necessary. If you guys find something, let me know as well.

Yes,

That is exactly what I am looking form. I setup the individual shipping mod, but it only allows you to set a shipping price for an item before it is bought. I want to manually add shipping costs to invoices after I know what someones address is. If anyone knows of anything that will let you do this please let me know. I have looked everywhere and can't find anything. I will probably start writing my own hack this weekend. It will be for an older version though so it probably won't be compatible with the milestone 2.

• 2 weeks later...

We started something like this for a client.

Basically the user buys something, they are then presented with the checkout as normal. When they get to shipping, it advises them that the shipping has to be worked out and they will be notified.

The admin is told via the admin panel that quotes are waiting, they can then log in, view the order and add teh postage. The client is then emailed telling them that their order is finished. Once they log back into the site, the shipping price is shown and they finish their order. The clever bit is that if the client adds another product to the list, thinking he will get free shipping for it, the system defaults to asking for a quote again.

The shipping quotes are displayed in a seperate area of admin and dont get included in the orders. This means if anyone doesnt go through coz they dont like the order, it doesnt show up in the orders table. Once the order is complete it does show up though. You can then delete the quotes from the quote panel as you wish.

Never got round to fully finishing it though, to much else on and we found a different solution for our client. Havent had the need to finish it either. I might be persuaded to finish it if enough people are interested.

thnx

I suppose this is along the lines of what I'm looking for as well.

I want the user to be able to select the shipping type they prefer (UPSground, FedEx overnight, etc.) and then be able to finish their order. The store owner will then figure out shipping, notify the client and then add that price and accept payment.

I hacked up the usps.php module but no matter what I do, it passes the first item in the list off in the order and is accepted that way.

I guess the short of this is that some folks just don't need real time shipping quotes (or a quote at all) nor do they need to have payment automagic. They simply want their customer to tell them how to ship - not the rate.

I've found nothing to do this and can't seem to fix my hack job. I'm at a loss but this is now the only thing keeping me from sending my client the final bill. There is no end in sight and this just sucks.

Doug

• 1 month later...

All I use is a negotiation module. It basically means that the order is recorded but that the final method and amount is negotiated via email and the shipping commences after written agreement.

Treasurer MFC

I suppose this is along the lines of what I'm looking for as well.

I want the user to be able to select the shipping type they prefer (UPSground, FedEx overnight, etc.) and then be able to finish their order. The store owner will then figure out shipping, notify the client and then add that price and accept payment.

I hacked up the usps.php module but no matter what I do, it passes the first item in the list off in the order and is accepted that way.

I guess the short of this is that some folks just don't need real time shipping quotes (or a quote at all) nor do they need to have payment automagic.  They simply want their customer to tell them how to ship - not the rate.

I've found nothing to do this and can't seem to fix my hack job.  I'm at a loss but this is now the only thing keeping me from sending my client the final bill. There is no end in sight and this just sucks.

Doug

I have been looking for the same type of thing. I want to provide customers with a list of shipping options but I don't want to display pricing. I simply want to state that shipping will be calculated at order completion. In most cases, I do not want to send the shipping quote to the customer only if a customer requests the shipping amount which is not usually the case. But I would like the customer to be able to specify which shipping method they would prefer. I also tried to work with the USPS module but had no luck. I was able to install something like 10 flat rate modules and made a few changes in each but its still not really what I'm looking for. It looks awkward on the screen. It seems really simple too just to have some selectable options. But OSCommerce does not seen to cooperate. It does suck... :D Any suggestions?

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Why not install Order Editor from:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

I use the version:

11 Oct 2004 - Order Editor 1.59 by Didier Debbaut

Works like a charm but the others never did work correctly so I stuck with v1.59

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

hi there,

i have just installed this tool and tested it.

how is it possible for the customer, to pay the order, when he get the information about the exact shippingcost (f.e.) later, after he had proceeded the order.

I am asking because this is exactly the problem i have to find an solution for.

a customer should collect products and if they should get send to an foreign country, he just get the information that he will be informed about the shippingcosts per email later. The admin then is able to type in the shipping costs manually (therefore edit-orders is perfect) and the customer gets informed about that.

But he has to pay is order and a good usability means he can also pay per creditcard and therefore he should be able to login into the shop, his order is listed and he has the possibility to pay.

does someone knows a solution for that??

nice greetings

sandra

hi again,

can someone tell me, if the creditcard-booking-process with this modul starts when the customer types in his creditcardnumber in the shop-checkout-process,(before he knows the total amount) or later, when the admin types in the new shippincost in the admin-tool?

nice greetings and thank you

sandra

hi again,

can someone tell me, if the creditcard-booking-process with this modul starts when the customer types in his creditcardnumber in the shop-checkout-process,(before he knows the total amount) or later, when the admin types in the new shippincost in the admin-tool?

nice greetings and thank you

sandra

The credit card is recorded as usual when the customer places the order. We use the Manual CC that comes with osC so that if this happens (where a change is needed) we can still bill the customer. We usually wait until the order is shipped and processed before charging their credit card.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

The credit card is recorded as usual when the customer places the order. We use the Manual CC that comes with osC so that if this happens (where a change is needed) we can still bill the customer. We usually wait until the order is shipped and processed before charging their credit card.

hi there,

did i understand you right? there is a modul (by the way is it "manual order entry"?) that allows the admin, to start the creditcard-charging manual, by clicking a button?

so the creditcard-charging doesn?t start automatically, when the customer orders his product in the shop?

i am asking because the shop-system iam working on has been programmed by others and i have to make some changes now.

thank you

sandrine

No, if you process CC orders manually (not by using one of those way over prices gateways like AuthorizeNet), then you can just bill their CC when ready... After making changes to the order through the Order Editor contribution from:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...