• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.Net Consolidated 1.7 with Curl Fix help

How can I set up a way to bypass CVV for customers that for example can not read their cvv numbers?

I just had an issue with a customer who could not read theirs and had take their order over the phone (they were nice enough to call), enter the info into the authorize.net virtual terminal, and I still cant get their order to show in oscommerce.

There has to be an easier way to allow certain customers to make purchases if they can not read their cvv number.

the cvv is there to protect you, the merchant. is it worth it to potentially lose lots of money? IMHO, you are asking for trouble in doing so.

however, if you want to remove the cvv, you need to do so first at authorizenet, by going to your settings there and see if you can disable (most likely will depend uon your account).

then you will need to go into your authorizenet.php file and change the cvv setting there.

again, i strongly urge against this.

If they cannot read the cvv this means that the sig strip is damaged in some way and as such high street retails seeing this would refuse their transaction.

I would refuse this as a suspect transaction even if they phoned me.

Just my 2cents.

If they cannot read the cvv this means that the sig strip is damaged in some way and as such high street retails seeing this would refuse their transaction.

I would refuse this as a suspect transaction even if they phoned me.

Just my 2cents.

I would in most cases have refused the card but... this was a customer who is in good standingwith our store.

This customer has been making regular purchases from our store for a while and I do not want to turn a good customer away just because he has a worn out credit card. :)

then you, as the vendor, should just remind the customer they should replace the credit card for their safety, putting it back in their court, letting them know the problems which can occur without the cvv available.