• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mondberg - Home, Kitchen and Tableware

Vger

Previously I have done plenty of fairly standard osCommerce websites, but this time the customer wanted it to have its own look - and the customer is always right!

Some parts of the site, Create An Account, Login etc. are fairly standard, but everything else is quite heavily re-coded to look and work the way I want it to. There are only three Contributions installed on the Store, the CCGV Module, the PayPal IPN module (not in use though), and the HSBC E-secure Module. Because of the way in which the HSBC system works (the module is not the problem) I had to turn off 'Force Cookie Use' and allow the site to run sessions. Not ideal I know.

Anyway, take a peek and let me know.

http://www.mondberg.co.uk

Vger

Hi Vger,

This is going to be short. Why do you need "gender" for create account?

Oh, some more color would be nice, I find them boring.

Peter

Believe it or not that is all I have to say. Amazing work :thumbsup:

Thank you Peter. I agree with you about the entry for 'gender', but it will have to wait as I am writing five other sites at the mo. The colour I also agree about, and am just waiting for the client to decide on a new colour scheme (something I was following up myself).

Again, thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look at it.

Vger

hi,

nice clean site. Just wondering what did you do to have the nice url names and not categories, or is all of that handcoded ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Yes, the left-hand nav is all hard-coded, and those pages accessed by the left-hand nav all validate with w3c (at least they did when originally written). The header has been modified to show the Login/LogOff there, and there is a different header for the landing page to all other pages (no need for the breadcrumb trail on the homepage). Breadcrumbs have been inserted for all other (non SSL) pages, and I have several classes for navigation in different colours.

Many Thanks - Vger

hi,

nice clean site. Just wondering what did you do to have the nice url names and not categories, or is all of that handcoded ?

Archived