• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple-Shipping-Addresses 2

BlueYon

I have added :blink:  everything with ease but nothing shows up in admin.

Thanks In Advance

I was a little confused on this, too, but I found it! (Stumbled on it after giving up, actually! :huh: )

In admin:

Modules -> Payment:

-- Install "Pay together with next order"

Modules -> Order Total:

-- Install "Orders still to pay"

-- Make sure that "Orders still to pay" is the last item sequenced before "Total"

i.e., "Orders still to pay" sort order = 4, "Total" sort order = 5

* Approach the ordinary with extraordinary intent! *

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent contrib -- but what if a customer chose [pay together with next order] and they decide not to make another order. How can they pay for any previous order-- without ordering again?

There is a delete button at the end of the order and also on the order history page.

What I am saying is -- how do they pay for old orders. Lets say they decide not to make a new order -- after they already chose 'pay with next order' [they are past the confirmation and success pages]. The only way for them to pay for all of them old orders -- seems to be to have a new order going. When you go in 'account history' --there isnt any way to just 'pay' for those orders -- in case they change their mind about making a new order.

Is there any coding that can be added to allow them to pay for all old orders without making a new order? Not delete old orders.

I am --and I saw no alterations to 'account history' . I dont have a delete option in my 'account history' but theres one on the confirmation page when the order is totaled.

How can I resolve the first issue-- someone chooses 'pay with next order' as their payment method -- they come all the way and decide they dont want another order. Now they are stuck with orders not paid for.

Thank you for your time.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Found your contribution today, installed on my test server and seems to be working very well. Did you work out a solution for using your contribution with PWA, or do I need to write a bypass to not show your contribution if a customer does not have an account? I basically see no value in offering a PWA customer the option to ship to multiple addresses, as this could open the door to credit card fraud.

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Add-on to above message.

With PWA, orders do not accumulate. I checked the orders outstanding, and the first order is marked "pay with next order", but the second has no mention of the first order.

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Hi,

Sorry have not checked this thread for a while!

Unfortantly I don't have time to support this contribution sorry!

This is a very worthwhile contribution. I am sorry you no longer are able to support your original work.

If you don't care to support your contributions, then don't bother postning an area for help. The specific question I asked is no problem for anyone with any basic undertstanding of PHP, so I will do the add-ons to make your contribution more useful to the community.

If any have questions on support for the problem of using this contribution with PWA or any other mods, please PM me for support.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

• 8 months later...
I'm wondering if anyone has made any improvements to this contribution?

I use PWA and made a modification on the checkout page to block pay with next order if a customer is checking out without setting up an account. as to some of the other comments on the page, saw no benefit to having multiple shipping address if the customer does not have an account. This could be a big hole in the payment integrity. I have one client who has a problem with registered customers not placing another order then not being able to pay for the open one, but so far she has handled it manually (calls them on the phone or emails requesting credit card). It hasn't been a big enough problem to solve yet, although it is getting higher on the list. PM me your email address with a note if you would like the solution when I get to it. (may be another month or so :( ).

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I installed this on a fresh osCommerce install and it seems to be working until I checkout. At the "Order Confirmation" page I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'o.paid_order' in 'where clause'

select sum(ot.value) as total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id) where o.customers_id = '2' and o.paid_order = '0' and ot.class='ot_total'

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks!

Hello,

I installed this on a fresh osCommerce install and it seems to be working until I checkout. At the "Order Confirmation" page I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'o.paid_order' in 'where clause'

select sum(ot.value) as total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id) where o.customers_id = '2' and o.paid_order = '0' and ot.class='ot_total'

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks!

check to make sure you ran any sql statements. You are missing a field in the orders table.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

• 1 month later...

How does this work at the orders screen in admin?

Are the appended orders listed seperately in the orders screen like normal orders?, or somehow listed with the order they were appended to?

any knowledge of the answer to this would be very helpful, thank you!

How does this work at the orders screen in admin?

Are the appended orders listed seperately in the orders screen like normal orders?, or somehow listed with the order they were appended to?

any knowledge of the answer to this would be very helpful, thank you!

You get a separate order for each order placed. The orders show a subtotal of the unpaid orders, and the last order with payment shows the full amount paid.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Is there any way to implement a way to pay remaining orders without adding new order? Let's say a customer changes their mind or mistakenly purchases an item using "pay together with next order" and does not want to have to purchase another item. Perhaps a button on the user's account page that would allow them to pay for that item or add it back into the shopping cart for checkout.

Is there any way to implement a way to pay remaining orders without adding new order? Let's say a customer changes their mind or mistakenly purchases an item using "pay together with next order" and does not want to have to purchase another item. Perhaps a button on the user's account page that would allow them to pay for that item or add it back into the shopping cart for checkout.

I'm sure it would not be too hard to include. However, this is a dated and unsupported contribution. The author has stated he has no interest in supporting it.

I only lend assistance as a user, and have no interest in developing a new or updated contribution.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

• 3 months later...
I'm sure it would not be too hard to include. However, this is a dated and unsupported contribution. The author has stated he has no interest in supporting it.

I only lend assistance as a user, and have no interest in developing a new or updated contribution.

hey geotex, why are you such a dick? the author said earlier that he's really busy and hasn't had any time. he's developed a great module and now he's got to attend to his life. it's not like he's getting paid for it. give him a break.

I was making a comment as to the status of the contribution. I also have old contributions, some updated, some not, but not scheduled for any changes or updates. I still find time to answer questions or handle problems with my contributions, even those that have been updated by others. 5 or 10 minutes to handle a problem from something one created is not unreasonable. To just say "I don't support that anymore" is.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

I still find time to answer questions or handle problems with my contributions, even those that have been updated by others. 5 or 10 minutes to handle a problem from something one created is not unreasonable. To just say "I don't support that anymore" is.

good for you. it's awesome to know that you have all this free time. who are you to say what's reasonable and what isn't? you don't know the first thing about the author or his life. since when does a person have a moral obligation to support open source software? and just a small plug-in at that? and he didn't say that he doesn't support this contribution, he said that he doesn't have the time. believe me, i wish someone had more time to work on it as i could really use it, but who am i (or you) to get all self righteous and say that it's unnacceptable for the author to not have more free time? 5 or 10 minutes is a lot of time when you work all day and hardly get to hangout with your wife and children. don't try and tell me that the authors lack of free time is unacceptable. the only thing unacceptable here is your attitude.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

In spite of the age and lack of support for this contribution, I've decided to give it a go on a v2.2 RC2 store since I cannot find any other contrib that lets customers ship to multiple addresses. If there is another, please post link to it.

This contribution runs ok it seems, but I get a database.php WARNING on checkout_confirmation.php:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /[server-root-path]/includes/functions/database.php on line 103.

In database.php from lines 102 - 104 I find this function:

function tep_db_num_rows($db_query) {
  return mysql_num_rows($db_query);
}

Any insights about this warning or function is greatly appreciated.

Edited by steepedincode

Ok, for anyone who's interested or has something more to offer, these are my findings so far:

1. The WARNING mentioned in my previous post seems to have something to do with the fact that the same code appears in two different files: the changes called for in "checkout_confirmation.php" also appears in /includes/modules/payment/multiple_orders.php. I removed the dup code in the latter file, which got rid of the WARNING and got me moving a little further along. Note that when I removed the dup code, I also had to add a few language definitions to "checkout_confirmation.php" to make instructions to the end user more clear. Also, in /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/multiple_orders.php the attribute 'class="main"' has been left off some <p> tags. This causes text to disappear on dark backgrounds. Change <p> to <p class="main"> and all is good.

But these are the issues I'm still trying to work out:

1. It's not the most user-friendly flow I've seen. We'll probably have to institute some help screens to assist customers in the flow. The way it works is that you can add products to the cart, assign a shipping address, choose "Pay With Next Order" then "Confirm Order." At this point, customers are taken to the "Success" screen, so it looks like the order has been processed. But is has not. The order will not be processed until it's paid for! In order to do that, customers must add something else to the cart, then choose an actual payment method (i.e. Credit Card). At this point the current order and the previous one(s) are all processed for payment at the same time. The customer will again see the success screen with the order details. It's cumbersome, but works.

2. Once a customer has assigned several items to various shipping addresses, the interface shows a "delete" button at each order placed. That button does not delete the order. It confirms it. This MUST be fixed.

3. On the Checkout Confirmation screen once you've added more than one item to different shipping addresses, the Confirm Order button at the bottom of the checkout_confirmation.php screen does not work. I found a workaround by placing a button copy ABOVE the "Items Remaining to Pay" section (below the current order). A copy is needed, otherwise the button disappears if only buying one item. So, there are two Confirm buttons once you have multiple ship-to orders, one works, the other does not. Ultimately a conditional must be set up to get rid of the unneeded button.

I suspect that there may be other issues. I'll attempt to resolve these and report back any other findings. I welcome insights or experiences anyone else has had with this contribution. The thing is a bear-and-a-half, but unfortunately it's the only one I've found that can manage multiple ship-to addresses. :huh:

Edited by steepedincode