• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error on Tax Exempt Contribution

eist1

Could someone let me know if they know what the problem is with the Tax Exempt Contrib. I was getting a [/b] Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog3\create_account.php on line 608 (which there are only 607 lines, 608 is a blank line underneath, but no matter how many line you add, it is always the the last blank line) when installing it on my store, so I tried a fresh of OSC with nothing on it, and copied the contrib files into the appropriate folders, and still got the same error. (actually after fixing this file Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog3\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php on line 372) Change the line from this:

'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : '')),

to this

'attributes' => (isset($this->contents[$products_id]['attributes']) ? $this->contents[$products_id]['attributes'] : ''),

Taking one ) out.

But after getting it up and running, I try to create an account, and I get this error [/b] Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog3\create_account.php on line 608

If someone want to try it out, the contrib is located at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,tax+exempt

Please let me know if there is another solution for Tax Exempt

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to fix the exact same problem, I've narrowed the parsing error down to somewhere in this section of create_account.php...

<?php // BEGIN - Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts ?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_TAX_EXEMPT; ?></td>
              <td class="main">
<?php
   if ($account['customers_tax_exempt'] == '1') {
     echo ENTRY_TAX_EXEMPT_YES;
   } else {
     echo ENTRY_TAX_EXEMPT_NO;
   }
   if ($process == true) {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('tax_exempt');  
 }
?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"> <?php echo ENTRY_TAX_EXEMPT_ID; ?></td>
           <td class="main"> 
<?php
   if ($process == true) {
     echo $tax_exempt_id . tep_draw_hidden_field('tax_exempt_id');
   } else {
     echo tep_draw_input_field('tax_exempt_id', $account['customers_tax_exempt_id']) . ' ' . ENTRY_TAX_EXEMPT_ID_TEXT;
   }
?>
             </tr>

<tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ORG_TYPE; ?></td>
               <td class="main">
<?php
   if ($process == true) {
$organization_query = tep_db_query("select org_type_title, org_type_id from " . TABLE_ORGANIZATION_TYPE . " where org_type_id = " . $organization_type);
$organization_row = tep_db_fetch_array($organization_query);
echo $organization_row['org_type_title'];
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('organization_type');    
   } else {
     $organization_array = array();
     $organization_query = tep_db_query("select org_type_title, org_type_id from " . TABLE_ORGANIZATION_TYPE . " order by org_type_title asc");
     while ($organization_values = tep_db_fetch_array($organization_query)) {
       $organization_array[] = array('id' => $organization_values['org_type_id'], 'text' => $organization_values['org_type_title']);
    }
?>

There's also a problem in account_edit.php that I have yet to delve into.

• 6 months later...

I have found quite a few errors with this contribution, including this one. I'm wondering if it was due to my installation or database creation. Did anyone figure it out?

• 3 months later...

I found some errors. This one was quite interesting...Look at the last section of code you added. The while loop needs an end bracket, the bracket is for the conditinal.

while ($organization_values = tep_db_fetch_array($organization_query)) {
      $organization_array[] = array('id' => $organization_values['org_type_id'], 'text' => $organization_values['org_type_title']);
[color="red"]} [/color]  
}

Edited by mmkangas