• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

media mail restrictions?

Is there any way or any module that allows for media mail to be allowed via the usps shipping, but only for certain items?

On my store we sell mostly music, which can be sent media mail. But we also offer clothing, which can not be sent via media mail.

We'd like to offer media mail where appropriate, but only in such instances.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
anyone?

Media Mail

Generally used for books (at least eight pages), film, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and binders consisting of medical information, and computer-readable media.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The Package Must Contain At Least SOME Book(s) Audio Recording(s) Video Recording(s), or Software. So, if someone orders a combination of CDs and Apparel, you may ship it media mail.

That's not so at all. I've been asked at the post office if everything in the package was CD's or what have you and I've had packages returned that had other items (like shirts) in them. It happens super rarely but it does happen.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to bump this. I also offer media as well as other items, and I would like it to check if all of the cart items are media, and if they are to allow media mail as an option.

It can be checked by verifying that the cart items are in certain categories, which all contain media items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...