• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Zone Shipping Calculations

Baby Boy

I installed the contribution right I take it, yet it does not work on checkout. At the checkout, it says "Could not find a zone for the given Zip Code", yet if I use the other buildfedexdata.php file in the main folder in place of the one in the admin folder, the checkout works, BUT, it says thats there was an Invalid arguement between foreach() yet I cannot have it work.

Does anybody know why it won't work. I think the buildfedexdata.php is the latest update that the guy put out. Can somebody direct me to get the FedEx method to work, please.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

23 Total Contributions Installed :)

Alright, just wanted to update everybody. I have gotten the error at the top to go away, but it only shows $0.00 as an option, don't know whats going on now and why it isn't showing the correct price. Would anybody happen to know why?

I installed the contribution right I take it, yet it does not work on checkout. At the checkout, it says "Could not find a zone for the given Zip Code", yet if I use the other buildfedexdata.php file in the main folder in place of the one in the admin folder, the checkout works, BUT, it says thats there was an Invalid arguement between foreach() yet I cannot have it work.

Does anybody know why it won't work. I think the buildfedexdata.php is the latest update that the guy put out. Can somebody direct me to get the FedEx method to work, please.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got some things working and changed, but I'm not a PHP programmer, so I don't know if what I did is correct, but I did get the rates to show up.

I changed this line (approx line 113):

foreach( $retArr as $aquote );

to:

foreach( $retArr as $aquote){

by removing the semicolon, it allowed the foreach loop to actually loop through each item.

I also changed (approx line 116):

$title = $aquote['shiptype_id'];

to:

$title = $aquote['shiptype_name'];

which allowed for the Name to showup on the checkout page, rather than the ID

I made some additional changes to allow for corrected rounding (approx line 124) from:

' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . round($shipping_weight, 1) . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_UNITS .')' ,

to:

' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_UNITS .')' ,

Now, most of this works, my only problem comes when I have a shipping address other than US or CA, I get the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/soma/WWW/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedexzipzones.php on line 110

I understand that this module does not support International shipping, but I have UPS and USPS modules installed that do, so it should just show the UPS and USPS options for International, and not even list FedEx. So, I do not know why I am getting the error, so if anyone knows why I get this error, that would be great.

Since I am using other modules other than just the FedEx, I wanted the option to be able to sort the shipping methods, and this module did not support sorting, so I added the code to allow me to do the sorting, so if you're interested, I can also post those additons.

Here is the entire fedexzones.php file, including the "sorting" changes.

<?php
/*

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

class fedexzipzones {
   var $code, $title, $description, $enabled, $num_zones, $surcharge_factor;

// class constructor:w

function fedexzipzones() {
     $this->code = 'fedexzipzones';
     $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_TITLE;
     $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
     $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_SORT_ORDER;
     $this->icon = DIR_WS_ICONS . 'shipping_fedex.gif';
     $this->enabled = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_STATUS;

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED
     $this->num_zones = 1;

$this->types = array(
      	 'FedEx Standard Overnight' => 'std',
	 'FedEx Priority Overnight' => 'pri',
	 'FedEx Ground'             => 'gnd',
	 //'FedEx First Overnight'    => 'frs',
	 'FedEx Express Saver'      => 'sav',
	 'FedEx 2Day'               => 'two',
	 );

// change this surcharge factor to cover the gas surcharge from fedex, or to bury packaging costs
     $this->surcharge_factor = 2;
   }

// class methods

function quote($method = '')
{

global $order, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

$rounded_weight = ceil($shipping_weight);

// Tim's new code to read the db and come up with a value.

// first get the dest zip and check the db for our dest zone
     $zip = $order->delivery['postcode'];
     if ( $zip == '' ){
    	 // something is wrong, we didn't find any zone
 $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_NO_ZIPCODE_FOUND;
    	 return $this->quotes;
     }

$sql = "SELECT *
       FROM fedex_pcode_to_zone_xref
 WHERE
	 $zip >= pcode_from and
	 $zip <= pcode_to";
     $qResult = tep_db_query($sql); // run the query
     $rec = tep_db_fetch_array($qResult); // get the first row of the result

$zone_id = $rec['zone_id'];

if ( $zone_id == '' ){
    	 // something is wrong, we didn't find any zone
 $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_NO_ZONE_FOUND;
    	 return $this->quotes;
     }
     $sql = "SELECT
      	 fedex_zone_rates.shiptype_id,
	 fedex_shiptype.shiptype_name,
	 fedex_zones.zone_name,
	 fedex_zone_rates.zonerate_id,
	 fedex_zone_rates.zone_cost
       FROM
	 fedex_zone_rates,
	 fedex_zones,
	 fedex_shiptype
 WHERE
	 ";

if ($method != ''){
 // they asked for a particular method, let's give that to them
 foreach($this->types as $key=>$type){
	 if ($type == $method){
   break; // we found the right one.
	 }
 }
 // limit the query to the specific method listed
 $sql .= "fedex_shiptype.shiptype_name = '$key' AND ";

}

$sql .=
	 "fedex_zone_rates.zone_id = fedex_zones.zone_id and
	 fedex_zone_rates.shiptype_id = fedex_shiptype.shiptype_id and
	 fedex_zone_rates.weight = $rounded_weight and
	 fedex_zone_rates.zone_id = $zone_id
 ORDER BY
	 fedex_zone_rates.zone_cost";

while($rec = tep_db_fetch_array($qResult)) {
       $retArr[] = $rec;
     }

foreach( $retArr as $aquote){
 $cost = $aquote['zone_cost'];
 $title = $aquote['shiptype_name'];
 $methods[] = array(
   'id' => $this->types[$title],
   'title' => $title,
   'cost' => (round(($cost * $this->surcharge_factor * $shipping_num_boxes),2)) + ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_HANDLING .');
}
     $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
        	 'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_TITLE .
  	 ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_UNITS .')' ,
                            #'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_TEXT_TITLE,
                         'methods' => $methods);
     if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);
     if ($error == true) $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_INVALID_ZONE;
     return $this->quotes;
   }

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }
     return $this->_check;
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Enable Fedex Zipcode Zones Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_STATUS', '1', 'Do you want to offer fedex zip zone rate shipping?', '6', '0', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Handling Fee', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_HANDLING', '0', 'Handling Fee for this shipping method', '6', '0', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
     for ($i = 1; $i <= $this->num_zones; $i++) {
       $default_countries = '';
       if ($i == 1) {
         $default_countries = 'US,CA';
       }
 #      tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Fedex Zone " . $i ." Countries', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_COUNTRIES_" . $i ."', '" . $default_countries . "', 'Comma separated list of two character ISO country codes that are part of Zone " . $i . ".', '6', '0', now())");
  #     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Fedex Zone " . $i ." Shipping Table', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_COST_" . $i ."', '3:8.50,7:10.50,99:20.00', 'Shipping rates to Zone " . $i . " destinations based on a group of maximum order weights. Example: 3:8.50,7:10.50,... Weights less than or equal to 3 would cost 8.50 for Zone " . $i . " destinations.', '6', '0', now())");
     }
   }

function remove() {
     $keys = '';
     $keys_array = $this->keys();
     for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($keys_array); $i++) {
       $keys .= "'" . $keys_array[$i] . "',";
     }
     $keys = substr($keys, 0, -1);

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in (" . $keys . ")");
   }

function keys() {
     $keys = array('MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_HANDLING','MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_SORT_ORDER');

for ($i=1; $i<=$this->num_zones; $i++) {
       $keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i;
       $keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEXZIPZONES_COST_' . $i;
     }

return $keys;
   }
 }
?>

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

You cannot do that, if you remove that then the file will not work, it does not work for me. Taking off that thing allowed for me to get a fatal error and it will not fix, thanks to the thing you posted up, thought it'd help me, but destroyed me even more. The main thing is that, all you have to remove it the ; semicolon off of the piece of code, do not do anything else. I promise you man, it'll work.

I correct myself Dorothy, much apologies, alright, I know why it says that foreach error, it should be because of the semicolon. Remove that semicolon and it will work flawlessly. I have it going on my site at http://www.street-game.com/index.php

I am working on it right now to get the file uploaded to the Contributions server for it to work, and one of your changes, the rounded weight, should be like this:

$rounded_weight = round($shipping_weight,0);

The rounded weight should be changed to that if you are running on an updated version.

Thanks and I will include your tips in the next file change.

Use my new updated version, and I recommend for ALL zip codes, please update them monthly, I also updated the fuel surcharge.

I see in your file the # signs before the few lines ..... this tells your using a much older file. I have been working with the FedEx file for a while and finally accomplished it. Check the FedEx Zip Code Changes thing later. Thanks for bringing to my attention ;-)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. DOROTHY! I apologize, Im so twisted and caught up, I never got to update my file yet. The file you was reading from was the one I did, I am working and changing a few codes from the one on my server, a whole new package will be up for osCommerce in a few. Get with me on AIM (CBlockThug21) sometime so we can work on this ;) See ya.

P.S. I actually packaged the wrong darn file, stupid me :-"

Edited by Baby Boy

Alright, I realized when I removed one of the bars the thing began giving me problems. So in my guesses, I would have to say its because of a coding problem. I have been in the past few days trying to work on it and see what I can do about getting it to work with my site. I am not guarenteeing correct functioning on anybody elses sites, but I'll later further you in.

Happy Holidays and have a safe 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

Still nothing yet, I have not given up but at the moment I have taken a break from it, its a coding problem though. Something with either the template or removing the side bars, cause it works nicely on a clean installation of osCommerce.

Oh, and by the way Dorothy, after multiple tries, your code that you have is useless, so I am not sure how it worked for Murphy but its nothing to me cause it doesnt even work on a fresh install.

Hi all,

I have been so busy working on other parts of the site and moving my database over, that I haven't had a chance to look at all of this in awhile.

Baby Boy, you said you had a different version on your server, than what you had posted on the contrib. If that's the case, can you post the "clean" version you have. I'll start fresh and see if the $0.00 problem still exists.

Like I've said before, I'm not a programmer, but I've been able to fiddle here and there.

The only problem I have is International orders, I get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path/fedexzipzones.php on line 110

Domestic addresses work flawlessly.

• 4 weeks later...

'Em, I'll try as soon as I can, I need to alter my site back around. I am terribly sorry again though. If it sounded rude what I said about it being useless, no pun intended.

But let's see, 'em, the foreach thing your getting I think I know why, look below and change:

---------[Open modules/shipping/fedexzipzones.php ]-------------------------

Look for:

$sql .=

"fedex_zone_rates.zone_id = fedex_zones.zone_id and

fedex_zone_rates.shiptype_id = fedex_shiptype.shiptype_id and

fedex_zone_rates.weight = $rounded_weight and

fedex_zone_rates.zone_id = $zone_id

ORDER BY

fedex_zone_rates.zone_cost";

$retArr[] = $rec;

}

In the piece of coding, look for:

Change this to:

while($rec = tep_db_fetch_array($qResult)); {

Save and close file and upload.

This should about do it and fix it, hopefully it will work for you. Good luck.

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is old, but I'm having a small issue with my FedEx shipping estimater and it only happens once the weight goes over about 170lbs. Here's the error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\vhosts\MySite.COM\httpdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\fedexzipzones.php on line 128

Here's line 128

foreach( $retArr as $aquote ){

Any help is appreciated!

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm still having issues, too.

I was not getting a selection button to appear next to the FedEx choice, so you couldn't actually choose it. I added the semi-colon in the file as Dorothy said to, above, and the button appeared, and you can select it, but when you try to proceed to the next step in the checkout process, it just asks you to pick a shipping method again.

Upon further review, none of the choices for fed ex that I'm offering are appearing, either. Just the FedEx choice.

I'm going to tear my hair out!

Edited by PilotShopGuy

• 2 weeks later...
I know this thread is old, but I'm having a small issue with my FedEx shipping estimater and it only happens once the weight goes over about 170lbs. Here's the error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\vhosts\MySite.COM\httpdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\fedexzipzones.php on line 128

Here's line 128

foreach( $retArr as $aquote ){

Any help is appreciated!

Still having some issues with this, is there anyway to bypass or overide the 170lb limit. If I could do that then I can leave the module turned on, it works great under that limit. Anybody have any ideas????

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!