• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Final Hurdle: Linkpoint connect CC error

dannyb343

I am facing one final hurdle to getting my store online. I am using yourpay.com's linkpoint API for credit card validation and even though the information is successfully xmitted to the linkpoint gateway and the card is being approved, I am returned to the store with the following message at the checkout_payment.php page.

Credit Card Error!

The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

This is with the gateway is set to return me to the checkout_confirmation.php page, if I change the 'return me to' page to checkout_process page. I get the following error when I, again, end up at the top of the checkout_payment.php page.

MODULE_PAYMENT_LINKPOINTCONNECT_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE

I realize this is an undefined variable in the modules/payment/linkpointconnect.php language module but why am I getting it in the first place??

The other things that accompany this error are that the items are not removed from the customer's cart and no order is generated in the database. This in turn means that no order e-mail is sent and no items are pulled or shipped.

This presents a couple of BIG problems:

1. If the charge is approved but no order is generated, someone will be very irritated at the company, when they get their bill but no product.

2. Every time someone puts their info in (assuming they wait 10 minutes or use a different card) they pay for nothing again!

Anybody out there have a clue on this? Please let me know.

Thanks, Dan

"Riding on the Horns of a Dilemma and steering with the Reign of Confusion"

I got on the phone with Linkpoint API support yesterday and they are looking over the lpphp.php (v2.0.007) and modifying it so that it will (hopefully) work. I also sent them a copy of the linkpointconnect 1.0 contribution so that they can better understand how that is interacting with the lpphp.php file.

The tech made a couple of remarks about the situation:

- The lpphp.php file is a deprecated version and not their newest lphp.php version.

- The burden of integrating Linkpoint API into osCommerce is viewed, by them, as being on the osCommerce community. Their gateway is integrated with a large number of pay to play cart systems already.

Personally, I feel that the depth of features and ease of maintenance in osCommerce far outshines a lot of these commercial packages. Now, if I could just get my payment gateway working...

I got on the phone with Linkpoint API support yesterday and they are looking over the lpphp.php (v2.0.007) and modifying it so that it will (hopefully) work. I also sent them a copy of the linkpointconnect 1.0 contribution so that they can better understand how that is interacting with the lpphp.php file.

The tech made a couple of remarks about the situation:

- The lpphp.php file is a deprecated version and not their newest lphp.php version.

- The burden of integrating Linkpoint API into osCommerce is viewed, by them, as being on the osCommerce community. Their gateway is  integrated with a large number of pay to play cart systems already.

Personally, I feel that the depth of features and ease of maintenance in osCommerce far outshines a lot of these commercial packages. Now, if I could just get my payment gateway working...

Hi, have you gotten this resovled yet? I am having the same probelm with Linkpointconnect

?10 Nov 2004 - LinkPoint CardService International Payment Module V_1_3

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,596

This looks like a later version than maybe the one you are all talking about in this thread. Let me know if this one works maybe it fixes the issues you are having. I am about to implement a linkpoint api on an ensim with all the correct componants installed but want to know that people are having success out there. Let me know as soon as possible if you are running this version as it was just updated durring your thread.

Edited by phillipsmind

10 Nov 2004 - LinkPoint CardService International Payment Module V_1_3

This looks like a later version than maybe the one you are all talking about in this thread. Let me know if this one works maybe it fixes the issues you are having. I am about to implement a linkpoint api on an ensim with all the correct componants installed but want to know that people are having success out there. Let me know as soon as possible if you are running this version as it was just updated durring your thread.

Thanks for the help all, I did get this working.

I am using Linkpoint Connect 1.0. As it turns out it was a configuration option on the YourPay site customization interface that was biting me. It is fatal to not select the URL is a CGI script check box in the customization set up for the response pages.

I am in the process of putting together a step by step installation for this module. I am trying really hard not to skip any steps or assume any previous experience with PHP scripting.

Again, thanks to all who took the time to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Even the 10 Nov 2004 - LinkPoint CardService International Payment Module V_1_3 module has an outdated lpphp.php. Its not even called 'lpphp.php' anymore, its simply 'lphp.php'. You can see this on Linkpoint's website at http://www.linkpoint.com/viewcart/downloads/30006_php.tar.gz. Thats the latest wrapper they have out, which has been out for over a year now. If someone could write an OsCommerce module that uses the latest version of the LInkpoint wrapper, maybe we would have less problems with using the Linkpoint API OsCommerce module.

That being said, the Linkpoint Connect OsCommerce module works great! If you ever get a freezing screen when you check out, just call their support number and make sure you have Connect on your account.

10 Nov 2004 - LinkPoint CardService International Payment Module V_1_3

Okay, all of you energetic entreprenuerial types out there. I have resolved all of the issues that were keeping me from processing payments through my YourPay accounts!

In anticipation of producing a (hopefully) lucent step by step instruction sheet for installing the linkpoint connect 1.0 payment module I am offering the following information that helped me get past the errors and on to processing. Many thanks to osCommerce forum member eltonlin and Scott at LinkPoint / YourPay Support for all of their help.

These instructions apply to Contribution 2423 the Linkpoint Connect 1.0 payment module using YourPay's lpphp.php v2.0.007 20 Jan 2003. They may work for other modules but I know they work with these. On to the information...

Here are the steps that finally got it working for me. I am using the Linkpoint API interface for my card transactions. If you are not already certain that this is the one you use, double check with YourPay. If you are using another one of their interfaces this advice may be right next to useless for you (but it will give you some help I hope).

These instructions assume that you have gone into your osCommerce Admin > Tools > Server  Info and confirmed that you have cURL support enabled.  It should look similar to this (you'll have to scroll down the page):

curl

CURL support  enabled

CURL Information  libcurl/7.12.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.0.7

First of all, here are the critical file components of the install:

1. The payment module file linkpointconnect.php in  catalog/includes/modules/payment/ and the corresponding, linkpointconnect.php language module in catalog/includes/languages/english/.

2. In the catalog/includes/linkpoint/ directory I have my 000000.pem file that includes the encryption key supplied to you by YourPay .  The zeros are replaced with your LinkPoint ID. It is important that there be no white space (carriage returns) at the top or bottom of the file content.  I just cut the key out of the e-mail and pasted it into notepad and saved it as a .pem file.

3. Also in the catalog/includes/linkpoint/ directory you should have the lpphp.php file. This is a back version of the YourPay's configuration file but it still works and no one has made a contribution using the more current lphp.php file that I am aware of.

Secondly, configuration specifics in the YourPay Web account interface:

- In the YourPay configuration pages at Customization > Customize YourPay Connect > Configure your YourPay Connect*

- Order Submission Form should be set to https://your.secure.url/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

- Confirmation Page should be the same path  as above > checkout_process.php

- You will need to build a failure page because osCommerce has none at this time.

- If you check the 'Automatically display specified URL after the YourPay HTML receipt page' checkbox the customer will never see the YourPay receipt (desirable) and the card processing will be totally transparent.

- Make sure that you check the URL is a CGI script check box for both the Confirmation and Failure Pages. This is the thing that kept my processing from working for way too long.

*You may need to call YourPay tech support to implement this function. When I first went out to perform this configuration a section called Customize YourPay Connect was not available to me. The tech activated it in short order while I was on the phone with them. (not there, refresh the page, it's there)

And last but not least the configuration in osCommerce:

* Your Linkpoint connect setup in Admin > Modules > Payment  should look like this assuming that you have not set up a Staging (test) Server with YourPay:

Credit Card Test Info:

CC#: 4111111111111111

Expiry: Any

Enable LinkPoint Connect Module

True

Store Number

0000000000 (your store #)

Staging Server

False

Transaction Mode

Production (you can set this to test until you are ready to go live)

Transaction Method

Auth (If you are batching your transactions this is correct)

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Well, that's it for now. If you have trouble after this feel free to respond to this post and I will do what I can to help.

Happy Sales to You.....

Dan

• 10 months later...
Okay, all of you energetic entreprenuerial types out there. I have resolved all of the issues that were keeping me from processing payments through my YourPay accounts!

In anticipation of producing a (hopefully) lucent step by step instruction sheet for installing the linkpoint connect 1.0 payment module I am offering the following information that helped me get past the errors and on to processing. Many thanks to osCommerce forum member eltonlin and Scott at LinkPoint / YourPay Support for all of their help.

These instructions apply to Contribution 2423 the Linkpoint Connect 1.0 payment module using YourPay's lpphp.php v2.0.007 20 Jan 2003. They may work for other modules but I know they work with these. On to the information...

Well, that's it for now. If you have trouble after this feel free to respond to this post and I will do what I can to help.

Happy Sales to You.....

Dan

Hi can you send me your version of lpphp.php and linkpointconnect.php please.

I bought yourpay API

but in linkpointconnect.php I don't see it connects with the given port and not included the pem file path with this script. Plase Help. mail me at [email protected] or please give here.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I can say that I have tried it all and I'm still not getting it to work. I can't get past "Credit Card Error!" with no explaination of the what the error is. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've been trying around and around and finally managed to get through to the staging server.

However, using card as 4111 1111 1111 1111 doesn't work on the staging server.

Staging Server returns this to my script:

checkout_payment.php?error_message=Your+credit+card+was+declined.+Please+try+another+card+or+contact+

your+bank+for+more+info.

Any ideas on what could be the problem here?

Admin Side Settings:

===============

Credit Card Test Info:

CC#:4111111111111111

Expiry:Any

Enable LinkPoint Connect Module

True

Store Number

xxxxxxxxxx

Yourpay

True

Transaction Mode

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm for some reason after the order is processed its not registering in my OS control panel. I did configure the Linkpoint Connect to return to checkout_success.php page as well as checked both boxes. Could it be because this contribution requires you to edit out passing of session id to LinkPoint? So once client returned to the success page there is nothing to let OSCommerce know which order that was? If so is it ok not to take session id out.

Thanks

Oleg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem as below. I'm sure I've just missed something somewhere, but if someone could help me out by pointing some direction, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Hmm for some reason after the order is processed its not registering in my OS control panel. I did configure the Linkpoint Connect to return to checkout_success.php page as well as checked both boxes. Could it be because this contribution requires you to edit out passing of session id to LinkPoint? So once client returned to the success page there is nothing to let OSCommerce know which order that was? If so is it ok not to take session id out.

Thanks

Oleg

I'm having the exact same problem as below. I'm sure I've just missed something somewhere, but if someone could help me out by pointing some direction, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Yes I solved that by pointing the failure and success page to https://......com/catalog/checkout_process.php

This way the order gets registered and than the user automatically gets forwarded to sucess page.

But I am having problem with errors returned if card gets declined, can you please let me know if in your setup, after credit card declined and you forward the user to checkout_process.php the errors are showing on the page? I can only see the errors in the url string that is passed back.

Thanks and hope it helps.

Oleg

Yes, Oleg,

I'm seeing the same thing as you with the error message in the url string rather than on page.

Thanks,

Jade

Yes I solved that by pointing the failure and success page to https://......com/catalog/checkout_process.php

This way the order gets registered and than the user automatically gets forwarded to sucess page.

But I am having problem with errors returned if card gets declined, can you please let me know if in your setup, after credit card declined and you forward the user to checkout_process.php the errors are showing on the page? I can only see the errors in the url string that is passed back.

Thanks and hope it helps.

Oleg