• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Admin Notes

PopTheTop

Yes sorry, but in fact my files was splited ( too long! )

So, first thing : when i go on the customer account i can see alle the details and at the bottom i see the notes...

Second thing :

If i go on the page order and I click on one order ( a guest who have a note ! ) i see nothing..

thanks for your help..

xav

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you post a .txt link file of your admin/orders.php page (which would make it full / not cut-off) in your ROOT directory? (this will not open hacking vulnerabilities, as oscommerce's source is open already) , so myself or someone familiar with the way this contribution works can see why this isn't happening for you? [no passwords or logins, just a copy of admin/orders.php duplicated to your root directory for public access)

if you don't want us to know your shop url, you can load a .zip file of your admin file to www.yousendit.com

Edited by eww

can you post a .txt link file of your admin/orders.php page (which would make it full / not cut-off) in your ROOT directory? (this will not open hacking vulnerabilities, as oscommerce's source is open already) , so myself or someone familiar with the way this contribution works can see why this isn't happening for you? [no passwords or logins, just a copy of admin/orders.php duplicated to your root directory for public access)

if you don't want us to know your shop url, you can load a .zip file of your admin file to www.yousendit.com

Hi,

No it's not a problem at all :thumbsup:

thanks for your help

file is Here

I don't know if this would not make it show or not (tables can be funny like that).. but initially looking at this part

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER_NOTES; ?></b></td>

<td><i><?php

//query to grab the notes

$cust_notes_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

$cust_notes = tep_db_fetch_array($cust_notes_query);

//end query

echo $cust_notes['customers_notes']; ?></i></td>

</tr>

I think that should be

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><i><?php

$cust_notes_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

//end query

</tr>

Edited by custodian

My Contributions

Henry Smith

I don't know if this would not make it show or not (tables can be funny like that).. but initially looking at this part

<tr>

<tr>

<td><i><?php

//end query

</tr>

I think that should be

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><i><?php

//end query

</tr>

hi, i change it but still not working ....

but i have found on way...

When you go on the customers.php and look after all the order of one customer... ( you've got a list ) when you click on one order in the list ----> it's working good.... you see the customer notes

But if you click on the same order of that customer but with the files order.php nothing appears....

I think that could be something to help you to find the solution....

Hi xavkick

but i have found on way...

When you go on the customers.php and look after all the order of one customer... ( you've got a list ) when you click on one order in the list ----> it's working good.... you see the customer notes

But if you click on the same order of that customer but with the files order.php nothing appears....

I have tried it the way you described and it is the same on my shop. Don't know why it doesn't show up, I will try to firgure it out.

Alex

Hi xavkick

I have tried it the way you described and it is the same on my shop. Don't know why it doesn't show up, I will try to firgure it out.

Alex

I think the error must be the way we call the customer... When we check the customer ID.

Edited by xavkick

i just updated this contribution to put the customer notes on admin/orders.php... had a use for it myself :thumbsup:

hmmm.. seems there are others with the same problem... it doesnt show up?

i have followed the upgrade instructions 8 and 9.. it doesnt show up?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I think the error must be the way we call the customer... When we check the customer ID.

even if you have a previous modification that alters the original customer id query, it still shouldn't matter because the notes call is on a separate query.

xavkick, i downloaded your admin file into my own shop and it worked. (of course, i had to edit out your admin contributions that i don't have) but nonetheless i did not touch the notes call whatsoever.

has anyone beside myself got this to work?? this is puzzling.

custodian? :)

even if you have a previous modification that alters the original customer id query, it still shouldn't matter because the notes call is on a separate query.

xavkick, i downloaded your admin file into my own shop and it worked. (of course, i had to edit out your admin contributions that i don't have) but nonetheless i did not touch the notes call whatsoever.

has anyone beside myself got this to work?? this is puzzling.

custodian? :)

Someone that is having this issue with step #8, please try the following to see if it fixes the issue for you

I haven't tested this myself but I beleive it should work

in orders.php replace step #8 with this

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER_NOTES; ?></td>
<td><i>
<?php 
$result = tep_db_query("select customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . " '");
		  $result_array = tep_db_fetch_array($result);
		  //end query
		   echo $result_array['customers_notes'];
?>
</i></td>
</tr>

My Contributions

Henry Smith

ok.. i got it

Step #8

<TR>
<TD>
<?php
$result = tep_db_query("select customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . " '"
);
		  echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER_NOTES . "<BR><I>" . $result_array['customers_notes'];
?>
</I></TD>
</TR>

I didn't see it right away, not sure if my browser was caching something or what.. but this works. If it doesn't seem to work for you try looking at it in another borwser to confirm first.

BTW: I redid the layout so that if there are NO notes, the Customer Notes will NOT show At ALL - not even the title.

Edited by custodian

My Contributions

Henry Smith

That table tr td layout will need to be redone or the location changed. When the message is long is widens the td so my

Payment Method: Secure Credit Card Processessing

that is directly above this entry in the orders.php becomes

Payment Method:.........................................................................

...........Secure Credit Card Processessing

I couldn't do a lot of space on the board.. the ....... represents the spaces

So change that last post to

</table>
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<TR>
<TD>
<?php
$result = tep_db_query("select customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . " '"
);
echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER_NOTES . "<BR><I>" . $result_array['customers_notes'];
?>
</I></TD>
</TR>

and the layout should be ok

Edited by custodian

My Contributions

Henry Smith

sorry but still not working..... something is getting wrong with the customer ID

Even with that last post?

Can you see they notes at any point in the order?

I just jumped in here so I'm trying to get up to speed with everyones issues.

I've checked my orders.php directly and through the customers.php link to it and it works for me perfectly.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Make sure that

$result = tep_db_query("select customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . " '");

did not wrap - it should be all one line That may cause your problem

With your solution, nothing appear now, even with order.php or customers.php

Go to the customer list (not the order list) and select a customer that you know has an order.

Click details

Scroll down and enter a note in their NOTES field.

Click Update

Now go to the order - is the note you just entered there?

hi,

yes i try wat you say and nothinbg is written in it... sorry for your lost time...

custodian :

i make another test. i put in the order.php :

<tr>
			<td><i>
			  <?php
$cust_notes_query = tep_db_query(" select customers_id, customers_notes from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =' " . (int)$cID . " ' ");

//end query
echo $cust_notes['customers_notes']; ?>
			  </i></td>
		  </tr>

so when i go in the customer.php and i call the order it's running good i can see the notes of that customer because in the adresse bar i have :

http://www.mysite/admin/customers.php?search=tirel&page=1&cID=1306&action=edit

but i f i use the order.php it's not working because i have in the adresse bar :

http://www.mysite/admin/orders.php?selected_box=customers&page=1&oID=29697&action=edit

so perhaps the good code could be to make a request like

if cID

elseif oID

but i don't know how to write it in perfect language..

lol

xav

existing code at the top of orders.php

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();
 $orders_statuses = array();
 $orders_status_array = array();

modified to

*/

if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'])) {
$cid_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
$cidq = tep_db_fetch_array($cid_query);
$cID = $cidq['customers_id'];
 }

works for me. :-)

existing code at the top of orders.php

*/

modified to

*/

if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'])) {
$cid_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
$cidq = tep_db_fetch_array($cid_query);
$cID = $cidq['customers_id'];
 }

works for me. :-)

Thanks million MET00 - i added your extra code at the top and hey presto it worked...

maybe XAVKICK and a few others including myself have some contributions installed that created a problem?

Thanks EWW and CUSTODIAN for your help

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got thinking though, on the first orders.php page when all orders are listed with customers names, you can see the right hand box with method of payment in it, correct?

Well, I updated an order and set it to 'processing' and left a comment too... and when I went back to the orders list, it did show processing but it would be a great idea to have that text in the orders list under the method of payment?

please advise if you think it is advisable to do.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

very odd how some solutions worked for a few but not others! thank you Met00 for figuring out the problems, i had no idea what was causing this :)

it would be a great idea to have that text in the orders list under the method of payment?

i'm not 100% sure on what you're asking? you can move the notes output to just about anywhere you want

• 1 month later...
i'm not 100% sure on what you're asking? you can move the notes output to just about anywhere you want

Would it be possible for someone to post a screenshot of their orders.php screen with the admin notes working? I would like to know what the final output should look like. I have the contribution showing the admin notes on the customers.php when I see a listing of the customers.

I would like to have that same type of display on the orders.php, but instead I see a field for customer notes underneath the payment option when I look at the actual order. Im not sure if it is supposed to look like this, but I would like to have it so that the admin notes shows up under the customer name in the order listing. Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks for a great contrib. Its incredibly useful!