• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Admin Notes

PopTheTop

Thank you bjcworks......I thought I was going to have to find something else to use, but your fix works perfectly.

Has anyone else installed the Warning/Reminder addition for this contribution that was submitted by LED-store ?

It works, but has a few bugs in it. For example, it MUST have a date entered in the note or you get a WARNING all the time at the top of the admin screen. Also, if you set the red/green/yellow status to green, there is no problem, yellow you get the warning at the top of the screen and Red, nothing happens and you get no warnings.

Has anyone worked with this at all ?

Thanks

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I am using the Admin notes to help communicate with clients using the admin for there store - "like a trainer" -

On the DASHBOARD i would like to illistrate the most recent (notes) -

eg. - on the top right of the dashboard to put Admin Notes(NEW) - and only display if "NEW" there are new ones...

Any ideas folks?

• 3 months later...

I kept wanting to have the category of the note displayed on the main page of the Admin Notes, so I did this simple mod - if anyone else has wanted this, I hope it helps.

in admin/includes/languages/english/admin_notes.php, just for conformity, make sure these are included:

define('TABLE_HEADING_CATEGORY', 'Category');
define('TEXT_CATEGORY', 'Category');

Then in admin/admin_notes.php after (about Line 234):

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_NAME; ?></td>

Add:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CATEGORY; ?></td>

Further down (about Line 305 now), after:

<td  class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a name="' . $admin_quer['admin_note'] . '" title="' . $admin_quer['category'] . '">' . $admin_quer['admin_note']; ?></a></td>

Add:

<td  class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $admin_quer['category']; ?></td>

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

I had several errors occur in the backend admin.

I had Admin Notes & Information Page Unlimited addons installed. I don't know how to fix it as I am not family with the php code at all.

Can someone please help me? Thanks a lot in advance.

admin / Box Customers / Customer

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array /admin/customers.php on line 722

line 722---> $customer_info = array_merge($country, $info, $reviews);

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /admin/customers.php on line 724

line 724--->$cInfo_array = array_merge($customers, $customer_info);

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /admin//includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

line 17---> reset($object_array);

reset($object_array); reset($object_array);

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /admin//includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

line 18--->while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {

admin notes

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /admin/includes/template_top.php:14) in /admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

line 18---> header('Location: ' . $url);

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,l

I also have the same problem.

I only installed the admin notes part, NOT the customer notes.

admin_notes seems NOT to be 2.3.3. compatable.

The author non longer seems to support this thread, does anyone competant now how to convert it for 2.3.3?

Regards.

DOH. I have found my error, a rookie mistake.

This WILL work on 2.3.3 except for the admin CSS on the left column needs to be fixed, a simple matter.

Just for future reference if anyone else wants this for 2.3.3 it does work. (At least the admin notes part, I didn't install the customer notes as I never used it on the last installation)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...