• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modified Shipping Zones Mod

lorax

Hola,

I've been playing around with several different shipping modules attempting to cobb something together to accomplish the following:

4 (or more) zones (groups of US States)

Each zone has 4 (or more) methods of shipping (ground, 2nd day, next day, & freight)

Each method can be turned on or off for any zone and rates may be substituted with a message (ex: freight to Hawaii isn't a standard rate from the east coast!)

Each method is expressed as a price per pound rate

Each method has a minimum shipping charge

Shipping cost is determined in a simply formula of weight X price per pound

I'm thinking I should take a copy of the basic Zone Shipping module and modify it to suit my needs. And I'm thinking that I need to make a copy of the zones table and convert the countries into states. Basically mimic the Zones Shipping Module but at the State level instead of the Country level and then add in extras.

I'm a bit worried that I might be headed for trouble since I'm not that comfortable with how the shipping modules work (especially the install and uninstall code). Some feedback and or pointers would be most appreciated.

Apathy is a dominant gene - mutate.