• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx VSP Direct - MS2.2 Support

networkdad

Hi,

I have been using this contribution for a couple of months - thanks to those who spent time recently developing / updating this module, and for the clear installation guide.

I am having one issue arising during checkout_confirmation.php which I did not pick up during testing. If I put in some incorrect card details (e.g. an invalid card number), the following message is issued:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/collarsa/public_html/includes/classes/protx_cc_validation.php:72) in /home/collarsa/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 54

and then the customers transaction terminates. Has anyone any ideas if this is a problem with my installation of the module, or perhaps had this problem in the past.

Thanks

Andrew

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I small number of people have reported this in the thread in payment modules.

I believe that it is due to some whitespace at the end of the protx_cc_validation.php file - removing this should solve the problem. You can try removing the blank lines after the ?> at the end of the file or upload the updated catalog/includes/classes/protx_cc_validation.php file that i've just uploaded - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4026

I small number of people have reported this in the thread in payment modules.

I believe that it is due to some whitespace at the end of the protx_cc_validation.php file - removing this should solve the problem. You can try removing the blank lines after the ?> at the end of the file or upload the updated catalog/includes/classes/protx_cc_validation.php file that i've just uploaded - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4026

Thanks Tom,

Can't belive I didn't look for this. Although I know little about php, this was one of the things I first learn't when looking at bugs! All is working now.

• 2 months later...

I've been using this excellent contrib for a couple of months now but last week a customer complained that they kept getting their card refused.

So after restoring both site and DB to a state prior to the last successful transaction and trying both live and test environments I'm still getting the following at checkout_payment.php:

- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I was on v2.3b and have now tried v2.4 but still the same applies. By the way the transaction doesn't even get passed to Protx, I cannot see it in VSP Admin in either live or test.

Anyone else having problems with this or have my webhosts changed something I do not know about as I cannot think of anything I could have changed that would impact this ?

Hi,

Sometimes this happens if host change their security settings.

Open catalog/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php

Find:

// Uncomment these lines if having problems connecting to Protx server
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

change to:

// Uncomment these lines if having problems connecting to Protx server
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

That should get it working.

If not go into your admin area -> modules ->payment ->protx direct and turn on debug mode then do a test transaction and post the details here.

HTH, Tom

Thanks for that Tom.

Tried uncommenting but still the same. Here's the debug output. (It does actually cut off after the = for 3D Secure Status, I haven't made a cut & paste error)

VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=travelbagsize&VendorTxCode=6355962496612979&Amount=13.45&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+122&CardHolder=Test+User&CardNumber=5404000000000001&StartDate=0505&ExpiryDate=0707&IssueNumber=&CV2=123&CardType=MC&CustomerEMail=bmantispam-10dec%40yahoo.co.uk&ContactNumber=012+3456+3456&BillingAddress=32+Anywhere%2C%0D%0ANowhere%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&BillingPostCode=AN1+2RP&DeliveryAddress=32+Anywhere%2C%0D%0ANowhere%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&DeliveryPostCode=AN1+2RP&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=&ClientIPAddress=86.134.211.223&Basket=2%3ARiemann+P20+Once+a+Day+Sun+filter+%28100ml%29%3A1%3A9.319%3A1.63%3A10.95%3A10.95%3AShipping%3A1%3A2.5%3A----%3A2.5%3A2.5&3DSecureStatus=

Bob

Thanks for that Tom.

Tried uncommenting but still the same. Here's the debug output. (It does actually cut off after the = for 3D Secure Status, I haven't made a cut & paste error)

Bob

Hi,

The line you posted looks fine - the main problem with that debug is there is no reply line from protx!

Is your server IP setup in protx admin area? - Try turning off 'debug' and changing mode to 'Server IP Test' - the page that appears after trying a test transaction will show you current server IP address?

Tom

Hi,

The line you posted looks fine - the main problem with that debug is there is no reply line from protx!

Is your server IP setup in protx admin area? - Try turning off 'debug' and changing mode to 'Server IP Test' - the page that appears after trying a test transaction will show you current server IP address?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks.

Yes, both the shared and static IP addresses are set-up in the Protx admin area. However, when I ran in the "Server IP Test" mode, I didn't get the page you describe after the transaction - I got the same line as in the debug mode.

Regards

Bob

That confirms that protx is not responding.

It is probably something to do with cURL on your server - has your host changed something recently?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that.

Although that only confirms my worst suspicions about the hosting company. I've now been down for 3 days and they will not / cannot tell me if anything has changed.

Even though I have sent them the report line from PHP info showing that the build date was 28th July !!!!

The trouble ticket I raised keeps getting set to closed or put on hold with no response. (Sorry, I could rant on here for ages and you're the one that's actually trying to help me !)

Perhaps it's time to look for a new host ?

Is there anything else I could check or shall I press on with plan "B" and move hosting provider ?

Regards

Bob

I think given your hosts attitude to customer support says it all!

I'm afraid I don't enough about cURL and its settings to offer any more advice in troubleshooting beyond what we've covered. Have they actually compiled curl into php (you should be able to see in the server info section)?

Tom

I think given your hosts attitude to customer support says it all!

I'm afraid I don't enough about cURL and its settings to offer any more advice in troubleshooting beyond what we've covered. Have they actually compiled curl into php (you should be able to see in the server info section)?

Tom

Thanks Tom, I appreciate your time and effort. The server info is as follows:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.15.3 zlib/1.2.3

Sorry I can't be more helpfull but I've specifically requested that they comfirm that cURL must be compiled and got "well nothings changed"..................sorry here I go again.

Bob

Comparing that to my server information you actually have a newer version of libcurl but i did notice it doesn't mention OpenSSL - mine gives the line:

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6g ipv6 zlib/1.2.1

Do you have shell access to your host? If so login and type:

curl-config --feature

and see if SSL appears in the list (it should) - if not then that's the problem - namely they have compiled curl but not with SSL support!

Tom

Comparing that to my server information you actually have a newer version of libcurl but i did notice it doesn't mention OpenSSL - mine gives the line:

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6g ipv6 zlib/1.2.1

Do you have shell access to your host? If so login and type:

curl-config --feature

and see if SSL appears in the list (it should) - if not then that's the problem - namely they have compiled curl but not with SSL support!

Tom

Tom, you're a star, thanks!

Although I cannot see an icon for shell access in cPanel I'll have a dig around, but more importantly I'll now ask them an explicit question and see what answer I get (if any - I know that's being really cynical and I should know better !).

Thanks very much for all the help. I'll give you an update from my new hosting provider in due course.....

• 2 weeks later...

Up and running fine on the new host !

Thanks Tom, as you said it was the missing Open SSL statement in the CURL config line.

By the way my "old" hosts haven't even replied when I've told them I (well - you actually) have proved what the issue was.

Brilliant contrib and thanks again for the help.

Regards

Bob

• 5 months later...
I have had this module installed and working for several weeks now and all is well. Except for one small problem:

I have had some customer trying to use cards with no start date on their card, and they do not know what to do as you cannot leave this field blank. It default to January 2001 and you cannot remove it.

Is there a fix for this, or does anyone have any suggestions.

Ditto for me.

We need a way of removing any date from the "Start Date" field and defaulting it to "none".

Customers have actually cancelled the checkout process and called us because they can not remove the start date - it makes us wonder how many customers are turning away.

• 10 months later...

I am using protx direct successfully, it's a great contribution - thanks Tom.

The only problem I have, is that when taking telephone orders and using the create new order from the Order-Editor contribution the protx payment always fails, as it says the value of the order is £0.

Does anyone know how to get the Protx working with the create order option?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I am using protx direct successfully, it's a great contribution - thanks Tom.

The only problem I have, is that when taking telephone orders and using the create new order from the Order-Editor contribution the protx payment always fails, as it says the value of the order is £0.

Does anyone know how to get the Protx working with the create order option?

Thanks

Anybody, 'tis the season of goodwill!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been using the protx direct module succesfully. However certain orders the TAX is not calculated on the shipping. This happens occasionaly but due to the volume of orders it appears to be increasing.

I have checked the module and it appears to grab the ORDER TOTAL from $order->info['total'] which i belive is the final order total value. So i am unsure why when it sends some to protxs it woudl remove the tax of the shipping on some orders.

is there a way i can grab the sub total value and the shipping price and create my own vat calculation? or does anyone have any thoughts on this!

thanks