• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

I wonder if anyone has an easy or less tedious solution or idea of how this work.

Why not try one of the Canada Post modules for osCommerce?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...post&category=2

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Hi Dreamscape,

I saw the new bug-fix that you added today. How can I install the bug fix manually?

If you download and read the install instructions, you will see that to update you just overwrite the module file. There is no need to overwrite the language file and there is no need to uninstall/reinstall the module.

- Edmund Burke

Ah sorry, I forgot to put in multi package support.  It should be fixed now:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

The problem with the Canada Post Mod is that you are forced into using prices set by Canada post. You can really add in extra costs for things like packaging and handling (like if you have to pay someone to package and send things out for you). I also so a lot of people having trouble with that mod so I stayed away.

To complicate matters Canada Post will only be used to ship to people who order from Canada or anywhere in the world except the USA. We have a small storage space in the USA because we live right accross the border. It is cheaper for us to travel accross the border and send by the US Postal service.... and it is much faster for usa customers.

This is why I like the multitable mod... we can set the prices and rates on what they truely are. not what Canada post forces us to use as a value.

Thanks though

Eric B

AJ2000

Hi dreamscape ...

I have one more question if I may:

// class methods
   function quote($method = '') {
     global $order;

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                           'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' (' . $shipping_weight . ' lbs)',
                           'methods' => array());

This section here doesn't work for me, it shows this:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Brisbane Shipping Options ( lbs)

So, I changed the "lbs" to

(' . $shipping_weight . $MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS . ')',

as MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS is defined in

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php as

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS', 'kg(s)');

but now it displays :

Brisbane Shipping Options ()

Any tips?

Scratch that, I'll do it the easy way:

Hi dreamscape ...

I have one more question if I may:

// class methods
? ?function quote($method = '') {
? ? ?global $order;

? ? ?$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' (' . $shipping_weight . ' kgs)',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'methods' => array());

but it displays :

Brisbane Shipping Options ( kgs) 

Any tips?

you have to add $shipping_weight to the global variables.

i.e., change `global $order;` to `global $order, $shipping_weight;`

In case anyone else reads this and misunderstands, in modules/shipping/mzmt.php

// class methods
   function quote($method = '') {
     global $order, $shipping_weight;

NOT under

function mzmt() {

global $order;

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems moving from MRMT to MZMT. This is the steps that I took:

* Removed the MRMT module from the shipping modules in admin

* Deleted the two mrmt.php files

* Installed per the instructions

Now customers cannot login. Items can be added to the cart, but when we check out, the login form takes us back to the login screen. Anyone have any ideas?

-jimmy

Hope this is not a stupid question. But what is the use/purpose of more than 1 table per geo region?

never mind figured it out after reading

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Ground');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Second Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Next Day');

Edited by ilok

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to come up with a way to rovide free shipping on specific products. I was woundering about the possiability of putting the price in the wieght field and setting MZMT to base shipping on weight. Then we could put 0 for wieght on the products that we wanted free shipping. Anyone doing this? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jimmy

I am trying to come up with a way to rovide free shipping on specific products.  I was woundering about the possiability of putting the price in the wieght field and setting MZMT to base shipping on weight.  Then we could put 0 for wieght on the products that we wanted free shipping.  Anyone doing this?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Why not have the shipping table method be based on weight, and saying 0 weight has 0 shipping, and then the rest of your table?? That would exclude any products with zero weight from the shipping calculation (they'd have free shipping).

- Edmund Burke

Why not have the shipping table method be based on weight, and saying 0 weight has 0 shipping, and then the rest of your table??  That would exclude any products with zero weight from the shipping calculation (they'd have free shipping).

I think that is what I asking? You are saying to use wieght to calculate shipping, and put the price in the weight field, but 0 in the weight for free shipping products correct?

I think that is what I asking?  You are saying to use wieght to calculate shipping, and put the price in the weight field, but 0 in the weight for free shipping products correct?

Hi Puckett

I am pretty sure that is exactly what you need to do. When you put in a products info in the admin area set its weight to 0.... and in the shipping table for this module set 0 weight to 0 dollars.

Also by default osCommerce sets a default package tare weight of 3 lbs... meaning that 3lbs is added to the weight of every order on top of what you have set in your tables for this module.

To set the tare weight to $0 you need to go to

Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Package Tare Weight

in the admin

Good luck

Eric B

AJ2000

I have another question. I am trying to change a site from the MTMR contribution to this MultiGeoZone mod.

How do I upgrade?

Do I just have to set the MRMT mod to false in my admin area or do I have overright files or delete files or change code in files?

Thanks

Eric B

AJ2000

I have another question. I am trying to change a site from the MTMR contribution to this MultiGeoZone mod.

How do I upgrade?

Do I just have to set the MRMT mod to false in my admin area or do I have overright files or delete files or change code in files?

Thanks

Eric B

They are 2 different modules. There is no "upgrading". If you want to no longer use MRMT, then yes, you uninstall it.

- Edmund Burke

They are 2 different modules.  There is no "upgrading".  If you want to no longer use MRMT, then yes, you uninstall it.

Thanks dreamscape... but I am not sure how to uninstall ... can you please tell me how... do I just disable the MRMT mod through my admin area of OSC?

Thanks

Eric B

AJ2000

Thanks dreamscape... but I am not sure how to uninstall ... can you please tell me how... do I just disable the MRMT mod through my admin area of OSC?

Thanks

Eric B

Yes that will uninstall it from the database then. You could also delete the MRMT files if you wanted to, but you do not need to.

- Edmund Burke

...Also by default osCommerce sets a default package tare weight of 3 lbs... meaning that 3lbs is added to the weight of every order on top of what you have set in your tables for this module.

To set the tare weight to $0 you need to go to

Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Package Tare Weight

in the admin...

I have the Tare Wieght set to 0, but I have a question about Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship, which is 50 by default. How will this value affect the shipping cost? If I set it to 0 will that negate the value? Should I just set it really really high?

I have the Tare Wieght set to 0, but I have a question about Configuration> Shipping/Packaging > Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship, which is 50 by default.  How will this value affect the shipping cost?  If I set it to 0 will that negate the value?  Should I just set it really really high?

It affects how many packages osCommerce splits the order into. If the max package weight is 10, for example, and the order is 15 pounds, osCommerce will split the order into 2 packages... I think

- Edmund Burke

• 1 month later...

Hi,

:thumbsup: thanks a lot for that contribution, I'am using the v1.100

it's work well but I think I will report a bug.

I ve declared 10 zones and every thying is working ok.

except sometimes when I put articles off the basket the shipping fee failed to zero $, if i add articles to basket sometimes the transport price is ok sometimes it is still $0.

do you have an idea.

sorry for my english.

big BAB

using CRE Loaded6 v4 Fr Sp1.2 RC2]

Hi,

:thumbsup: thanks a lot for that contribution, I'am using the v1.100

it's work well but I think I will report a bug.

I ve declared 10 zones and every thying is working ok.

except sometimes when I put articles off the basket the shipping fee failed to zero $, if i add articles to basket sometimes the transport price is ok sometimes it is still $0.

do you have an idea.

sorry for my english.

I've looked but can't find anything. Does anyone know if there is a mod that will work with this mod that will print out a shipping table so customers can see the shipping rates. I tried using the shipping table contrib but it only showed the highest price for the countries and not for the zones.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the great contribution.

Have a question though...

I bought a Royal Mail database with 3500 postcode groups. I know which ones are Islands or remote areas and want additional delivery fees for those. So I will group them into Shp: Tax Zones and set up a different table for them. But your code references it by 'Zones' which I assume refer to States/Counties. So the customer's state/county part of the address is matched against one of these Tax Zone 'Zones' from the DB and the shipping set accordingly.

I need to hack it so it references it against the customer's ZIP/Post code, not the State/County.

I'm not that proficient in OO programming but should be able to code it old skool style. Could you guide me to the right bit of code though please?

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...