• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

Hi -

I've installed the contribution and everything works great! Great job! I have one small question:

On the checkout_shipping.php page, I see the following:

United Parcel Service (UPS) (0 lbs)

How do I stop the (0 lbs) from showing on the page? My customers don't need to know the weight of the package, so I would like to remove it.

I looked in the mzmt.php module file but was unsure of where to make the modification so the weight does not print to the page?

Thanks in advance for the assitance.

Barb

In the mzmt.php module file just change this line:

'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' (' . $shipping_weight . ' lbs)',

to

'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE'),

I still have problems with someone adding items to my cart and being from california. When they checkout and create the account there is no problem and then when they continue, no shipping is added. I have made sure it is in my countries zone and have no idea where to look from here. If I change the number in the geo_zone table it works. I also noticed in my zones_to_geo_zones table there are a number of entries that have 0 for zone_id and duplicate geo_zone_id in the same table. Is it safe to just delete this table and reinsert from the sql supplied or is there something else I need to do to make sure they associate properly. I think this is the root of my problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

In the mzmt.php module file just change this line:

'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' (' . $shipping_weight . ' lbs)',

to

'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE'),

Thanks George! That worked great.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed this module and followed all the instructions in the readme/install/forum but still have one newbie issue:

The module appears to be working when you initially enter the checkout process using the default ship-to address. However, if I go to change the ship-to address and the address is in a different zone (eg. I'm in Ontario, Canada and I change it to Alberta, Canada or even to the US) when I return to the shipping checkout page the shipping quotes have been reduced to just my handling charge.

It doesn't seem to be recalculating the shipping quotes if the ship-to address is changed from the initial default address. However, if I go back and change the address to the initial default address or even someone else in the same zone, the initial quotes return. ????

As I said I am a total newbie at all this and have no idea how to correct this. This is a great mod if I can only get it to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Installed this module and followed all the instructions in the readme/install/forum but still have one newbie issue:

The module appears to be working when you initially enter the checkout process using the default ship-to address. However, if I go to change the ship-to address and the address is in a different zone (eg. I'm in Ontario, Canada and I change it to Alberta, Canada or even to the US) when I return to the shipping checkout page the shipping quotes have been reduced to just my handling charge.

It doesn't seem to be recalculating the shipping quotes if the ship-to address is changed from the initial default address. However, if I go back and change the address to the initial default address or even someone else in the same zone, the initial quotes return. ????

As I said I am a total newbie at all this and have no idea how to correct this. This is a great mod if I can only get it to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Please ignore my ramblings. With a little bit of installing and uninstalling, checking to make sure my tables didn't have any extra stuff in them and making sure my comma delimited file was correct, I managed to get this great mod working!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for a great contribution, it works pretty much like a dream!

I do have one small problem though, which might be something to do with another setting somewhere in osc. I've set up a test product with a weight of 5. When I go to check out with 1 item in cart, shipping method says:

United Parcel Service (UPS) (5.5 lbs)

When there's 2 items it says

United Parcel Service (UPS) (11 lbs)

I can't see where the extra 0.5 is coming from. Previously it was adding 3lb to the total until I set shipping/packaging > Package Tare weight to 0, so 2 items would be 13lb, note it wasn't adding the extra 0.5 just 3.

Question is why when I remove the Package Tare weight does it then start adding 0.5lb onto every items weight?

It's probably something simple - I hope anyway.

Many thanks

Kevin

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you for a great contribution, it works pretty much like a dream!

I do have one small problem though, which might be something to do with another setting somewhere in osc. I've set up a test product with a weight of 5. When I go to check out with 1 item in cart, shipping method says:

United Parcel Service (UPS) (5.5 lbs)

When there's 2 items it says

United Parcel Service (UPS) (11 lbs)

I can't see where the extra 0.5 is coming from. Previously it was adding 3lb to the total until I set shipping/packaging > Package Tare weight to 0, so 2 items would be 13lb, note it wasn't adding the extra 0.5 just 3.

Question is why when I remove the Package Tare weight does it then start adding 0.5lb onto every items weight?

It's probably something simple - I hope anyway.

Many thanks

Kevin

Scrub that question, i just found larger packages percentage increase was set to 10% - Doh! :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

Love this mod its an absolute must have - one question - i need to duplicate the MZMT file so that i can have two seperate instances with seperate language files - anyone know what i have to change? Im running the MVS mod with the tweaked MZMT module to suit (which is 'almost' identical) and need to apply MZMT to a second vendor, and hence a second MZMT language file.

Have had a roll amongst the code and ALMOST got it working by calling everything MZMT2 but its still seeing it as an installed version of the original so i have obviously missed something.

So how do i go about duplicating this baby for a second MZMT module.

Any tips met with fawning gratitude!

Cheers! :)

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

This contribution is the closest I can get to setting up a great way to quote Freight shipments. I have it installed and have created 20 zones in Canada (I'm in Ontario, Canada) and the US, with all the rates for up to 10,000 lbs shipments.

In order for my changes to work right I need the module to look to the "suburb" field in the shipping address. I have changed the text in the english.php file to say,

*Select the nearest Major City

or your USA state:

so I can have the customer select from a drop down list (not made yet). This allows me to make zones in Canada based on the major city names to really get the best rate quotes instead of using the entire province as one zone(It's very big!). For my USA customers they can just select their state again.

Question #1:

How do I get the module to look at the suburb field to compare for the zone selection? (If that is what it does).

#####################

Next;

I need to add a fuel surcharge to the total price. The fuel surcharge is added as a percentage of the total freight rate. Currently for LTL (Less Than Truck Load) shipments the rate my shipper (Craler International)charges is 11.5%. Others charge 15%. It varies.

Question #2:

How do I add the 11.5% fuel surcharge? Can the handling fee be adapted? If so, I can then use it to add the customs and duty charges for the zones in the USA.

######################

Next;

When the configuration>shipping&packaging>maximum package weight is set to the weight I need for another shipper (Fastway Couriers 55 lbs) that handles packages under 55 lbs, the module breaks up the skid loads into numerous packages and the rates go out the window. We know that this is a pain, but how to fix it doesn't seem to be that easily to find. If I set the max package weight to 5000 lbs, There are no problems with this module, but the Fastway module (Zipship) doesn't work right and Fedex doesn't return any rates after the order exceeds 150 lbs.

Question #3:

How can I stop this module from getting these chopped up weights?

#######################

Next;

All this hindges on the customer using a drop box selection with all my zone identifiers. (Major Canadian Cities and USA state names which coincide with the zone names).

Question #4:

How do I build a drop down box with all my zone names in the area that I need it? i.e. Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, New York, Georgia, Kentucky etc.

PS: I'm not a php expert but I don't give up easy either. I hope there are people out there who would like to help work this out. Perhaps there are others would could use this module in the mannor I am trying to use it?

Thanks,

Rod

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

• 1 month later...

ack Don't where exactly where I posted this yesterday.. but obviously not here :)

This is a fantastic contribution.. The only gripe I have is the calculation is set on the lower threshold as opposed to the higher..

I read the docs and added 5 more zone sets, uninstalled then uploaded and reinstalled and I still only see 3 sets of zones there..

Anone have any ideas here??

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody ... Thanx for this contrib !

I would like to apply to the Handling Fee option a pourcentage based on the sub-total of the order instead of a fix price ?

Sorry about my english :blush:

Thanx for the tips

ciao

• 2 weeks later...
ack Don't where exactly where I posted this yesterday.. but obviously not here :)

This is a fantastic contribution.. The only gripe I have is the calculation is set on the lower threshold as opposed to the higher..

I read the docs and added 5 more zone sets, uninstalled then uploaded and reinstalled and I still only see 3 sets of zones there..

Anone have any ideas here??

Go to your Admin->Config->MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Settings and change both values to your needs (qty of tables & qty of zones).

Go to your Admin->Config->MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Settings and change both values to your needs (qty of tables & qty of zones).

Thanks I did finally find that setting and not it is fabulous.. I forgot to post that I found it :)

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I have just put this post in the Order Total forum but I think it might be more appropriate in this forum

Im having a problem which I think could be related to MGZMT

Tax is displayed, and charged twice at confirmation

ie. GST 7% + GST 7% = Total Tax amount

ADMIN SETUP...

In Config- My Store- Prices are set to add taxes at end (in confirmation page)

Taxes for each product are set in each product catalog

Tax Zones, Class, Rates- all set with separate priority numbers ( so Tax rates are compounded not added).

All Tax Zones have same Tax Class

No duplication of Tax Zones on Tax Rates page

Order Total Module -are set in sequence

I use MultiGeo Zone Multi Table Shipping Module (MGZMT)

Shipping calculations to Cart/Confirmation - all work fine

18 Geozones are set in MGZMT- I only use 14 , with 4 spare

The MGZMT sections are all defined in various language MGZMT.php's

Possible problem ? : Could the spare Geozones be calling a MGZMT in-built "Rest Of World" feature ??

Or is this duplication of tax display and charges related to something else ?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Merci

Nadege

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just solved my previous issue of tax displayed twice and added twice to checkout_confirmation total.

Embarrassingly simple, but

I thought Id post the solution to help any future punters tripping over the same issue

(Ive noticed a few lurking sadly in past forums ).

FIX

I have many Tax zones

I had moved all the countries in one Tax zone to other Tax zones

Instead of deleting the empty Tax zone, Id left it standing.

This was the mistake.

Once I had deleted the empty Tax zone,

and the corresponding Tax Rate settings Id constructed for it,

the problem disappeared.

I hope this helps

• 1 month later...

I use the tables set to the count method. one is base price, each additional is x price.

I'd like to max out the shipping for the USA at $X. in other words, shipping would never be more than $X. also, I'd like to offer free shipping for orders above $X.

is there anyway to do this with this contrib and still leave the tables I have set at count? is there a contrib I can use in addition to this one that will override if shipping is over $X or order is above $X and charge correct shipping prices?

Thank you in advance,

Melinda

Hopefully a simple beginner mistake. But when I try to import the install sql file into my database (named: olympix) i get this error:

----

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'olympix.configuration_group' doesn't exist

----

How do I fix this?

Thank you

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this?

I have GeoZones set up for example as follows:

USA & Canada (1.3 kgs) (Small Packet) �9.50

USA & Canada (1.3 kgs) (Large Packet) �15.00

The small packet shipping option is set to charge upto a maximum of 2kg .. Anything above this weight switches over to the large packet rate.

The problem I have is that it switches to the new rate as it should but leaves the small packet rate visable with 0.00 showing as a cost.. so it looks like this:

USA & Canada (2.5 kgs) (Small Packet) �0.00

USA & Canada (2.5 kgs) (Large Packet) �26.00

With the way it works at the moment, customers would be able to choose the zero rated option for larger weights and go through checkout without paying any shipping.

What I've been trying to achieve is to make the small packet option dissapear after the 2kg limit is reached.

Does anyone have the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Gazza......

Hi there I know it's an old post but I actually have the same problem and I couldnt figure out a solution... :(

Thanks in advance for the help or the reference to another post!

Okee this is a repost from somewhere else on the forum but it might give you a clue of what I'm trying to achieve...

I've allowing customer to choose between normal or registered shipping... However I'd like to add an extra feature I havent found yet....

Based on weight or order total

I would like to disable the normal shipping.

For example an order of 50 EUR/ under 1kg should have this shipping options

- normal shipping for xx EUR

- registered shipping for yy EUR

but an order above 100EUR/more than 1kg should only have this option

- registered shipping for yy EUR

did someone already tried this?

Thanks in advance!

PLEASE HELP!!!

I dont get what's going on...

I've removed and reinstall the module but this is still not apply the right shipping costs.

I have e.g; the following rates

1:6.45,10:8.00,30:12.00

Normally up to 1 kg customer should pay EUR 6.45, up to 10 EUR 8.00 etc...

Instead, Os commerce makes the shipping rates not UP to but FROM... meaning I see

up to 1 kg EUR 0.00

from 1 till 10 6.45 and so on...

Please help me!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have evrything working - with the zones set up, when i test it, buy an item, it is in the cart, I go to check out and i have the item there and in the Shipping Method I can see the correct shipping amount but the radio select button is not there to select that option so I can;t proceed with check out.

Any ideas? Probably something simple I missed. If I enable other shipping options as well such as Flat rate, these other options have the select button but not the MultiGeoZone.

Many thanks

Mark

• 2 months later...

Hi

I'm not sure if MultiGeoZone MultiTable has been installed. I've followed the instructions for v1.101. When I look at Shipping Modules in the control panel, I can see:

Modules

Flat Rate

Per Item

MultiGeoZone MultiTable

There is a zero in the Sort Order column for Flat Rate and Per Item but no entry next to MultiGeoZone MultiTable. Clicking on the information icon merely switches the info icon to the arrow pointing right icon. Is this correct? I was hoping to see an edit option with true or false.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm going round in circles trying to suss this one out.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that this is a great contribution, but I am having difficulties installing it.

For some reason, my phpmyadmin is somewhat faulty and doesn't like to open up the pages I want all the time. So, I was wondering if the install.sql needs to be imported into a specific table, or if it needs to be a table of its own. I've tried importing it into configuration_group and configuration, but I keep getting errors that it doesn't match the count of row 1...not really sure what that means. Is there a way to manually insert it into these tables? I've done that before, but I'm unclear of the correct values to use from the install.sql.

Also, after the table is configured and files installed in the admin, is that all that needs to be done? I checked out the older version to see how it works and it is really fast to set up and get right to the modules. Is this one the same way? My other concern is that, if a customer orders more than one product the weights are not adding together to determine the shipping cost, which I need it to do. That is why I was in search of a new contribution that would fix that. Will this contribution do that for me?

Thanks in advance for whoever can help me.

Tera

When was the last time someone used this contribution? I noticed no one has made a comment about anything regarding it since 2004. Is it still operable? I'm having difficulties installing it and would really appreciate some help. I was wondering if it's possible to manually install the install.sql file into the database....my phpmyadmin doesn't always like to cooperate with me, so it's not letting me import it at this moment. I may have a few questions later, but this one is probably the most important, as without it, I can't really use the contribution, and it's becomming a major necessity. I do have one other question about it though. If a customer has more than one product in their cart, will this contribution add both the weights together to get the appropriate shipping cost? Right now, my module is not doing that, that is why I was looking for a new contribution.

Please help!

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

This sounds like it is a great contribution, but I just can't get it installed. I am fairly new to this stuff, but I have had no problems with other contributions in the past. I hope that I am not missing something really obvious, but I have followed the instructions and then retraced my steps about 10 times. The problem is that I don't have the "MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping" option under Administration -> Configuration. I checked my database and it is listed under configuration_group, but it doesn't show up, so I can't configure anything. The Shipping Module shows up under Administration -> Modules -> Shipping, but that doesn't do me much good without the configuration options. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.