• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

Hey,

After searching I finally found this contribution that seemed to do everything I needed. However during testing we ran into a problem.

I thought the shipping rates in the table were based on the total weight and not just of each product.

If I add two products to the cart, or one product with a qty of 2, it doubles the shipping instead of adding the weight together, then searching the table for the weight.

E.G. 5lbs Item = $5 shipping | 10lbs Item = $6 shipping. But if I add the 5lbs item with a qty of two I get $10 for shipping insted of the $6.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Without a fix I dont know what im going to do.

Thank you,

Griffe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm quite a newbee with OsCommerce, trying to get it running since 2 weeks.

When searching for some good shipping options I came accros this great contribution. :)

However, I have the following problem:

when in checkout, the only thing I get to see is :

(lbs)

Of course I'm doing something wrong, but I cant figure out what... :huh:

Is there some-one who might help me with this problem please?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Geeraard

Hey all,

I've tried to fix the above problem by installing the Country-State contrib. Unfortunatly I still have the same result. :(

Is there any-one who might help me?

This problem is about the only thing that stops me for going live with my shop <_<

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Geeraard

Hello All,

Me again :D

I finaly found what the problem was.

At first, I created a shipping zone (Shp: BeNeLux), containing the countries: Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

With this zone, the contribution did not work :huh:

So, trying all sorts of solutions, I finaly created a new shipping zone (Shp: Belgium) and added the same countries in it.

Now the contrib. works :blink:

Anyways, although I find the above rather strange, I made it work now :lol:

Thanks all for reading B)

Grtz,

Geeraard

And I quote: "whats so great about me is that there are so many of me" (matrix) B)

Thus here I am again :rolleyes:

This time I would like to know if it is possible to alter the code so that every table receives its own icon.

I know little of html, so I was unsuccesfull in trying :(

Maybe some-one else can help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Geeraard

• 2 weeks later...

This is a re-post. My original post did not get into the the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module Support thread..

I have read through the entire thread on MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Support but I could not find the answers. These are my issues:

a. Max Weight -- OSC/MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping does not seem to limit the packages by Max Weight. This creates a problem as the Max Weight of the order might exceed what I have listed as the top tiered charges. Max Weight does not seem to have any impact (or at least there is error message to say that the max weight has been exceeded).

b. Limit to Countries stated in the Shp zones. I would like to limit my shipping to the countries defined in my zones. It appears that if the countries are not mentioned, nothing is charged -- which obviously is not the desired behaviour.

c. Total weight of the order is not shown on the checkout screen. Am I missing something in the implementation/configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

klho

This is a re-post. My original post did not get into the the MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module Support thread..

I have read through the entire thread on MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Support but I could not find the answers. These are my issues:

a. Max Weight -- OSC/MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping does not seem to limit the packages by Max Weight. This creates a problem as the Max Weight of the order might exceed what I have listed as the top tiered charges. Max Weight does not seem to have any impact (or at least there is error message to say that the max weight has been exceeded).

b. Limit to Countries stated in the Shp zones. I would like to limit my shipping to the countries defined in my zones. It appears that if the countries are not mentioned, nothing is charged -- which obviously is not the desired behaviour.

c. Total weight of the order is not shown on the checkout screen. Am I missing something in the implementation/configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

klho

I have some answers for my own questions:

a. OSC splits up the package to keep them within the limits. The problem is when the shipment is split into 3 packages, we end up with a number with a long decimal which looks pretty awful on the check out screen. I have opted not to display the weight.

b. Limit Countries to Zones -- although this is not quite what I want -- I can leave the last zone undefined - and this defaults to the rest of the world. I entered the most expensive tier of the shipping cost there. This way, I will not undercharge by not having the shipping rates charged to the order. I would prefer be able to limit the countries though.

c. In post 34, the code changes to display the weight was shown. I will repeat the changes (in bold) here.

// class methods

function quote($method = '') {

global $order, $shipping_weight;

Thanks for a great contribution..

klho

Dear Joshua (or someone that are able to oppeing it):

May you update into

MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping v1.100 in a zip format insead the tar one?

I can't open the tar version.

I work in windows XP. not MAC.

All the best.

Antonio

Dear Joshua (or someone that are able to oppeing it):

May you update into

MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping v1.100 in a zip format insead the tar one?

I can't open the tar version.

I work in windows XP. not MAC.

All the best.

Antonio

Found a older version of the tar file that I can open.

It seems that in the last changes of the osCommerce website this file become corrupt.

I post in MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping v1.100 (zip) the zip version.

No other changes. Only re-packaging into a zip file.

Antonio

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I first want to say that this is a great contribution. I was having the hardest time setting up shipping for US vs. Other countries...but now it's easy!

My question is regarding this contribution and its compatibilty with the ShipInCart contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781

)

On my test site, www.isplendor.com, I have 2 zones setup (UK and US).

When a non-logged in customers views their cart they see the US shipping options (as part of ShipInCart).

But when a US customer logs in they now see no shipping options in the cart. When they proceed to checkout everything is fine.

When a UK customer logs in they DO see their shipping option in the cart, and in checkout.

I cannot figure out everything works for everyone, except logged-in US customers can't see the shipping estimates in their cart.

I also tried using just 1 MultiGeoZone for UK, and then using a table rate for US customers, but I get the same outcome. If the table rate is set to only show for US customers, then logged-in US customers don't see it in their cart, but it's ok in checkout. If I tell the table rate to show for all zones then it does show in logged-in US customer carts, but of course it also shows for UK customers...

Thanks for any help!

-- Josh

Hello everybody!

Now, I have another problem:

When I check out the weight is not calculated correctly. I sell a T-shirt. Weigth is 0.25kg. Here's what I put into all zones:

0:$0,0.05:$1,2:$6,5:$8,10:$11,20:$16,30:$23

That means if I put 1 shirt it should cost $6. But it costs only $1. Why is this?

Only if I put 8 shirts into the cart, the cost is $6. What's wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Lawrence

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everybody!

Now, I have another problem:

When I check out the weight is not calculated correctly. I sell a T-shirt. Weigth is 0.25kg. Here's what I put into all zones:

0:$0,0.05:$1,2:$6,5:$8,10:$11,20:$16,30:$23

That means if I put 1 shirt it should cost $6. But it costs only $1. Why is this?

Only if I put 8 shirts into the cart, the cost is $6. What's wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence -

0:$0,0.05:$1,2:$6

When a cart weighs 0 units, it's $0.

When a cart weight 0.05 units, it's $1.

When a cart weighs 2 units, it's $6.

Perhaps you mean:

0:$0,0.5:$1,2:$6,5:$8,10:$11,20:$16,30:$23 ?

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to use this module. But not sure what to do to make it work for me.

What I want to do is have three shipping zones: UK, Europe and Rest of the world (to the countries I will ship to).

I am already using the table rate (without this contribution) using weight to work out the shipping charges.

Currently I only ship to the UK and I have my shipping costs created as follows:

0-0.49KG = ?3.99

0.5-5KG = ?5.99

0.51-300KG = ?15.99

I would like to ship internationally to europe and the rest of world (for my chosen countries only). I want to use the same weight bands but have different shipping charges as follows:

For Europe:

0-0.49KG = ?5.99

0.5-5KG = ?10.99

0.51-300KG = ?24.99

For Rest of the world:

0-0.49KG = ?10.99

0.5-5KG = ?20.99

0.51-300KG = ?30.99

What would be the easiest way to do this and would this be the contibution to use?

I don't need to go into counties/states for each country. But do need to have UK separate for Europe.

Please advise.

Modifying the code so that each zone has a simple weight::rate multiplier?

Essentially, I like the multizone feature, but I want it to figure out a simple rate per weight for each zone. Is there a way to change the PHP to do this?

e.g. The rate for Massachusetts is $1.10 per every pound and the weight for CT is $0.96 per every pound.

Since we are dealing with large furniture, doing this as a table if incremented weights of up to 1000 pounds would not work with 16 zones... the cost varience would be too high, or the table would be too large and cumbersome.

Where would I change the code so that shipping_cost = (weight) * (zone_rate) where zone_rate is the rate I would have for that zone?

Thank you very much.

Answering my own post:

To change 'weight' into a rate by weight multiplier, declare weight as a global and add the line near line 165:

Find:

function determineShipping($table_cost) {
  global $shipping_num_boxes;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($table_cost); $i<$n; $i+=2) {
	if ($this->order_total >= $table_cost[$i]) {
	  $shipping_factor = $table_cost[$i+1];
	}
  }

if (substr_count($shipping_factor, '%') > 0) {
	$shipping = ((($this->order_total*10)/10)*((str_replace('%', '', $shipping_factor))/100));
  } else {
	$shipping = str_replace('$', '', $shipping_factor);
  }

if ($this->geozone_mode == 'weight') {
	$shipping = $shipping * $shipping_num_boxes;
  }
  return $shipping;
}

and change to:

function determineShipping($table_cost) {
  global $shipping_num_boxes, $shipping_weight;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($table_cost); $i<$n; $i+=2) {
	if ($this->order_total >= $table_cost[$i]) {
	  $shipping_factor = $table_cost[$i+1];
	}
  }

if (substr_count($shipping_factor, '%') > 0) {
	$shipping = ((($this->order_total*10)/10)*((str_replace('%', '', $shipping_factor))/100));
  } else {
	$shipping = str_replace('$', '', $shipping_factor);
  }

$shipping = $shipping * $shipping_num_boxes;
  }
	$shipping = $shipping * $shipping_weight;
  }
  return $shipping;
}

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this?

I have GeoZones set up for example as follows:

USA & Canada (1.3 kgs) (Small Packet) ?9.50

USA & Canada (1.3 kgs) (Large Packet) ?15.00

The small packet shipping option is set to charge upto a maximum of 2kg .. Anything above this weight switches over to the large packet rate.

The problem I have is that it switches to the new rate as it should but leaves the small packet rate visable with 0.00 showing as a cost.. so it looks like this:

USA & Canada (2.5 kgs) (Small Packet) ?0.00

USA & Canada (2.5 kgs) (Large Packet) ?26.00

With the way it works at the moment, customers would be able to choose the zero rated option for larger weights and go through checkout without paying any shipping.

What I've been trying to achieve is to make the small packet option dissapear after the 2kg limit is reached.

Does anyone have the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Gazza......

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

Hi All,

Can someone let me know if it would be possible to change the logic behind the table rates, at the moment according to the instructions prices for the shipping as this

.5:5.97,1:6.96,1.5:7.95,2:8.94,2.5:0

Using the price method, this shipping table would be (the table breaks on commas):

orders with price ≥ $.5 shipping is $5.97

orders with price ≥ $1 shipping is $6.96

orders with price ≥ $1.5 shipping is $7.95

orders with price ≥ $2 shipping is $8.94

orders with price ≥ $2.5 shipping is free (0)

We would prefer it to work as less than or equal to instead of greater than or equal to, this way we do not have to define a lower limit to the price, weight or package.

At the moment we have the following in a table flat rate

10.00:1.69,20.00:2.545,100.00:3.395,100000.00:0.00

Thanks in advance

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

Hi all,

Please disregard last post, realised we are doing the same thing but reversed, it's what you get when installing a contrib while you have a stinking headache :(

Real: question now :)

we have already created our geo zones, UK/EU and Rest of the world.

created the sql table for 3 zone and 1 table per zone, UK, EU and Rest of the World.

just noticed that our geo zone for rest of the world is also appearing in the selections boxes even though it is not preceeded by SHP:

what code needs to be altered to stop this happening, if I don't correct it it will just confuse my boss when he decide to furtle with the admin without letting me know ;(

Thanks

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All,

Me again :D

I finaly found what the problem was.

At first, I created a shipping zone (Shp: BeNeLux), containing the countries: Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

With this zone, the contribution did not work :huh:

So, trying all sorts of solutions, I finaly created a new shipping zone (Shp: Belgium) and added the same countries in it.

Now the contrib. works :blink:

Anyways, although I find the above rather strange, I made it work now :lol:

Thanks all for reading B)

Grtz,

Geeraard

I have the same issue. Trying your solution to create a group called, Shp: Netherlands or anything else does not work.

The problem is I need 4 Geo Zones because Dutch TPG-post uses them.

Zone 1 Belgi? en Luxemburg

Zone 2 Denemarken (excl. Faero?r Eilanden en Groenland), Duitsland, Frankrijk (incl. Corsica en Monaco, excl. Andorra), Itali? (excl. San Marino en Vaticaanstad), Oostenrijk, Verenigd Koninkrijk (excl. Gibraltar en Kanaaleilanden) en Zweden

Zone 3 Finland, Hongarije, Polen, Sloveni?, Slowakije, Spanje (incl. Balearen, excl. Canarische Eilanden, Ceuta en Melilla) en Tsjechi?

Zone 4 Estland, Ierland, Letland, Litouwen en Portugal (incl. Azoren en Madeira)

Anyone?

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

• 1 month later...

Hi -

I've installed the contribution and everything works great! Great job! I have one small question:

On the checkout_shipping.php page, I see the following:

United Parcel Service (UPS) (0 lbs)

How do I stop the (0 lbs) from showing on the page? My customers don't need to know the weight of the package, so I would like to remove it.

I looked in the mzmt.php module file but was unsure of where to make the modification so the weight does not print to the page?

Thanks in advance for the assitance.

Barb

For some reason whenever a customer chooses california as there state no shipping cost is added and not requested on checkout. I have the Shp: United States: All zone setup in my tax zones and it works fine with other states so far. Can somone point me where to fix this problem?